View Poll Results: Are you suffering from OCTAD (Obsessive Compulsive Treo Ace Disorder)?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 62.39%
  • No

41 37.61%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You know, if they release the ACE before september is up, most if not all of you will still be within the 1yr warranty period. You may be able to ***** and moan to ur carrier about how disappointed ;-) you are with the TREO 600....and u want to switch carriers, etc. But you won't switch if they give you a credit towards a new ACE. That's how I upgraded my T300 to a T600 for $50. And with almost everyone having network search issues, saying that u are 'disappointed' with the T600 won't be too much of a stretch! :-)
    Ok, I'm hooked! I was trying to hold out for a unit that had all of the above plus a flash for the camera but it's useless. I just checked E-bay and the used units are still in demand and selling.

I've been a T600 owner since October and have had only one replacement so I feel that I have gotten my money's worth.

So I guess I should go ahead and acknowledge my problem, cuz I don't think I could still be happy with the Treo knowing there is a new improved unit out there, taunting and teasing me to JUST DO IT.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    count me in on the fever
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Dear all,

Me too....suffering for that same syndrome. When will Treo Ace come out...sigh...
    Very interested in Ace. Current Verizon customer. If I purchase Ace thru Sprint, can the device later be used on a Verizon network when and if Verizon supports the Ace?
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrudwin
    Very interested in Ace. Current Verizon customer. If I purchase Ace thru Sprint, can the device later be used on a Verizon network when and if Verizon supports the Ace?
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guys...

You will have to find a way to unlock your Sprint phone, and flash Verizon's firmware onto it. However, when you get the phone from Sprint, you'll have to sign a 1 - 2 yr agreement with them.

A lot of hoops to jump...

Stevie
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by acande1
    You know, if they release the ACE before september is up, most if not all of you will still be within the 1yr warranty period. You may be able to ***** and moan to ur carrier about how disappointed ;-) you are with the TREO 600....and u want to switch carriers, etc. But you won't switch if they give you a credit towards a new ACE. That's how I upgraded my T300 to a T600 for $50. And with almost everyone having network search issues, saying that u are 'disappointed' with the T600 won't be too much of a stretch! :-)
    I will really be interested in seeing how many people are able to pull this one off when Ace comes out. Whoever can do it, all the power to you... and will be very envious as hell.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  8.    #48  
    GeekyMom, 100th Monkey, Lure_Angler... welcome to the club!
    I don't have this condition, but I definitely had the variant OCT6D while waiting for the Treo 600!!
    Last edited by silverado; 07/23/2004 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    GeekyMom, 100th Monkey, Lure_Angler... welcome to the club!
    the club is
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I too suffer from this insidious disease, I purchased my first t600 back in Janurary...... first 1 died before sprint activated the phone, 2nd one i was happy then i saw the beginning of the disease.... a evil rumor that a "new" treo was going to debut in March.....even if just an announcement... well hell at that point a couple months wouldnt kill me...... or could it. I returned the t600 14 days later, and have been waiting, just passed the 18 month mark with my old phone first week of July. I want my treo but def cant do the treo600 if the ace will be will out within a couple months.
    Someone give me the strength to resist the 600
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    In Malaysia, one of the merchant INFORMED me that, Treo ACE will be available in Oct 2004 - he asked me to get the $$$$$ ready.

Anybody know about the battery in Ace - is this replaceable? like SE P800 & P900.
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    how many of the Treo Ace obsessed already own the 600? From the looks of it, it seems that most are not current owners which explains the obsession a little more.
    I'm on my 4th Treo 600, and have the ACE disease bad. I got SLAMMED in a previous thread for wondering outloud if the build quality on the ACE will be any better than the Treo 600. Apparently a few people thought that me griping about having to send back 3 Treo 600's due to horrible build quality and QA issues was in mere "whining".

I absolutely can't WAIT until I can get a hi-Res screen and lighly smaller form factor of the ACE. I think the moderators might want to start a new board for the Treo ACE so all the diseased can speak their minds freely and share in the obsession
    Well, I certainly have it. Just as I was about to pounce on the 600 I heard about the Ace. The screen is my main attraction. Coming from a Clie to a 160 x 160 screen ... I just can't do it ... even though it would mean one less thing to carry on my belt.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadmy
    In Malaysia, one of the merchant INFORMED me that, Treo ACE will be available in Oct 2004 - he asked me to get the $$$$$ ready.

Anybody know about the battery in Ace - is this replaceable? like SE P800 & P900.
    Woohoo! Thank you giving me a little Ace rumor fix! I feel a little better already.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by tDot
    I absolutely can't WAIT until I can get a hi-Res screen and lighly smaller form factor of the ACE. I think the moderators might want to start a new board for the Treo ACE so all the diseased can speak their minds freely and share in the obsession
    Amen, my fellow obsessive brother. Until the moderators start the new Ace board, guess we'll just have to hover over this thread for support.
    I'm glad my VW contract doesn't run out til next May because I want a Treo so bad. But owning a Palm Tungsten C with its great high-rez screen, makes me want to wait til next spring hoping VW will carry a Treo like that.
    Nomadmy, I think the Treo ACE is fusion powered, if you get the right adapters you can power your car on it also. No need for replacable batteries, it runs on some new power source called "speculation"????
  19.    #59  
    hahahahahahaahahahaahaahahahahhahahahahahhaha
    Yeah, the promise of a nicer screen and better camera is luring me in. I love my Hitachi G1000 for all it does as a PDA and for its wonderful camera, but as a phone it does me little good because it's too big to keep on me all the time.

I have read all the posts saying without wireless or a rotating camera, or other features comparable to the Pocket PC phones out there, some people aren't going for the Ace. Well I have loads of wonderful features already, but I've found that for day-to-day survival, I'd rather have something like the Treo that does key pda and phone functions well and is not super-complex and not any bigger than its current dimensions. I know there's a nice new phone from Ipaq out there but it's just a hair too big. I've learned my lesson, I'm crying uncle. No more Swiss Army bricks. The PDA phones that try to be all things to all people are just too darned big.

When I start lusting after even a Blackberry for its small form factor, then I know it's time to give a serious look forward to the new Treo.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast