1.    #1  
    I now have two Treo 600's, one from Sprint and one from Verizon. My computer is running Outlook 2003, hooked to Exchange. I'm already successfully syncing the Sprint T600 with the computer. Now I want to add the Verizon. I want the two handhelds and Outlook all to share the same data when I drop either T600 into the cradle. However, I want the two handhelds to be treated differently when it comes to installing .prc files.

What's the best way to make this happen?
    Not sure about Outlook 2003 but in older versions - all you had to do was set up the conduit to use the one Outlook profile. This will enable you to sync the two devices to all of the Outlook conduits, calendar, memos, todos, contacts using the single profile. You'd still have two seperate Treo user names which will facilitate what your asking.

So when setting up the second machine - it should ask you what Outlook profile to use - tell it the default profile and I believe that will work. That's how I have my Treo set up with my T3 but- I'm not yet using Outlook 2003.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. The Outlook sync worked fine, but now the Verizon T600 says that "Data service is unavailable in this area." I think the Hotsync process may have installed some Sprint-only code onto the Verizon unit. I did a hard reset, but the problem persists. I may have turned my new Treo into a paperweight!
    Hard Reset the Treo that says data service is not available and check it before resyncing. It could be that the network is down temporarily.

As long as you had two different user names - syncing should not have affected the phone settings at all. Try the hard reset - it will eliminate that possible problem.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    The technique here is not to synchronize two handhelds to the same username (that is always a recipe for trouble on Palm OS), but to get PocketMirror conduits to allow two usernames to synch to the same Outlook profile. This is quite easy to do but is an arcane trick buried in the PocketMirror help.

Open Outlook and find the PocketMirror item in your list of folders. You will see a Note in there with one word inside it - your HotSync username. All you have to do to synch another handheld is to put a new note with the exact username of that second handheld in the note. Right click in the right pane and select Add Note, type the name exactly as it appears in the HotSYnc application on your Treo. Then synch the handheld and voila, your secpnd handheld will synch with the same Outlook profile.

PS I get the distinct impression that it is a very bad idea to upgrade from a Treo 600 Sprint to a Treo 600 Verizon because their settings are very similar but different. The settings files in your \[username]\backup folder should be cleansed before making that first synch. I suggest taking the whole contents of this folder out before you perform your first HotSync to move your data to the new handset. If it is already too late, hard reset the Verizon unit and then cleanse the Backup folder (move contents elsewhere). Perform your HotSync and then install only those applications and datafiles that you KNOW you need from the moved folder.
  6.    #6  
    Even after a hard reset, I still have no data connection. This may be a coincidence; maybe there really is something wrong with the data subscription, and it stopped working at just the wrong time. Let me be clear about something: Is there anything at all that could have gone wrong during the Hotsync that would NOT have been cured by a hard reset?
    Nope. A hard reset takes the device back to it's original out of the box state. And as far as I've been able to determine on my Sprint Treo the phone portion is safe enough from the Palm portion.

Try this to see something just to be sure: Go to Phone Favorites then hit menu, then go to options then go to Phone Info. Look at the software setting should be something like Treo600 -XX-Verizon.

Double check it against your Sprint version - they should be different and one references Sprint and the Other Verizon. My Sprint says Treo600-.09/1041/-Sprint although you can't see all of the Sprint.

If the Verizon says Verizon - it's the network that's causing the problem.
    Moose Man
  8.    #8  
    The Verizon says Treo600-1.03-VZW. The Sprint says Treo600-1.20-SPR. It looks like it's time to call Verizon and find out what became of my data plan. Thanks again for the advice.
    Yes, agreed.
    Moose Man
  10.    #10  
    So I called Verizon, and they said hold while they check the account and then they got back on the line to say there was nothing wrong. But at that very moment the connection started working again. Funny how that happens...
    Anyway, all's well that ends well. I can now sync both Treos to the same Outlook folders, and yet maintain two different sets of application software for them. Exactly what I wanted. Kudos to Chapura, and thanks again to RSGMOOSE and Poryphyron.