Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, my 5 year old wants to grow up to be a spy. She's adament about the whole thing, really. My guess is that her preoccupation will pass and be replaced by ponies, unicorns, boy bands or godknowswhat, but until then...

I'd like to surprise her by downloading the "Kim Possible pager ringer" for my Treo. (For those with a kid who also wants to be a spy, it is the "duh-duh-dun-na" you hear when Kim's pager rings.)

Honestly can't believe I am posting this. Chalk it up to one more of life's embarassing sacrifices that parent's make for the little people we love so much. Thanks for any help.

PS I have found a few sites with it, but the ring is cut short on those. I am trying to find the entire "duh-duh-dun-na"...yeah, you know the one now!
    "Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." -- L. Armstrong
    Yup, you can find one on www.treotones.com under themes/tv...
    Joe Molenski
    http://www.treotones.com
    Sharp Wizard:menu:HP 200lx:menu:HP 320lx:menu:Rex
    PalmVx:menu:Visor Prism w/VisorPhone:menu:Nokia 9290:menu:Treo 270:menu:Treo 600
    Quote Originally Posted by dpower
    OK, my 5 year old wants to grow up to be a spy. She's adament about the whole thing, really. My guess is that her preoccupation will pass and be replaced by ponies, unicorns, boy bands or godknowswhat, but until then...

I'd like to surprise her by downloading the "Kim Possible pager ringer" for my Treo. (For those with a kid who also wants to be a spy, it is the "duh-duh-dun-na" you hear when Kim's pager rings.)

Honestly can't believe I am posting this. Chalk it up to one more of life's embarassing sacrifices that parent's make for the little people we love so much. Thanks for any help.

PS I have found a few sites with it, but the ring is cut short on those. I am trying to find the entire "duh-duh-dun-na"...yeah, you know the one now!
    LOL, chalk it up to the wonderful world of parenthood and peace! My 4.5 year old loves "Hello Kitty", and my 10 year old loves "Cheetah Girls," thank goodness their not making ringtone requests -- too.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    The treotones.com version is also "cut off" after three notes, as dpower has referenced. As a closet KimPossible fan it would be cool to find the whole thing.

And, after my girls get tired of unicorns and princesses and ponies (dpower it appears our girls are going in reverse order), and if there ever comes a time where my wife allows them to watch TV shows that include judo chops, I will be the coolest dad around...
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, all. Still looking...
    Anybody know where there are REAL (original) songs to easily download to my VZ Treo?
    that would be a cool ringtone.
  8.    #8  
    No ringtone yet. My guess is that this is some vast Disney conspiracy. Heck, I'd be more than willing to pay The House of Mouse for the download.

As I searched online for the ring earlier tonite, I did stumble across the cartoonist, Stephen Silver, who developed the characters for the show. He's agreed to sketch a Kim-something as a gift for my little person on her birthday next month. (Sidenote: he's only charging me $25, shipped. See: www.silvertoons.com) How crazy is the web anyway?

Maybe I still can win dad of the year.
    How's this one? I had to upload it as a ZIP since TreoCentral rejects MID attachments. Silly.

I haven't seen the show (my wife enthusiastically has), but I listened to the sound at the start of one of the Disney site games. I didn't think the existing online variations did even a passable job, so here's my first attempt.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mercer, that's close, but I think you've got it in the wrong key. Yours sounds too high.

(My two kids (6 and 4) watch many of the Disney channel shows, Kim Possible is pretty cool. I even like it...)
    Here's a .wav version of the audio extracted from the Card Clash game (that's how it was embedded). Now to get it to a midi file...

Mercer, I listened to it and your midi is close, but of course the sound used is a bit different that the original, maybe that's where most of the difference I'm hearing is coming from.
    Last edited by dune; 07/28/2004 at 02:16 PM.
    OK, here's a set of some alternatives. The set of sounds on the Treo is very limited, so I'm choosing among them and with some slightly different stylings of play to get it close.

My wife has the Treo today so I can't test them for accuracy on the actual device! Let me know which one is closest (or if it's a combination of two, or some other modification you can describe clearly enough to figure out what you mean!)
    Oh, for the key, I didn't go by the ringtones already online because they're so very different from what I'm hearing at Disney (here). I dropped the tones an octave in the second set, though, since the first one I posted didn't sound right to you.
    dune, I can play your wav file in the MS Media Player but not in any other player I have, including Real Player, and I can't load it into my wave/midi editor (Anvil Studio). I'm getting "bad format"/"file error" problems, so whatever you're saving it with is adding something only Media Player will tolerate.
    Ok, something else. I'm listening to them over and over against the .wav and you need to truncate the note length on the midis. They sustain (or decay) too long. The original is much more staccato (?).
    Quote Originally Posted by mercer
    dune, I can play your wav file in the MS Media Player but not in any other player I have, including Real Player, and I can't load it into my wave/midi editor (Anvil Studio). I'm getting "bad format"/"file error" problems, so whatever you're saving it with is adding something only Media Player will tolerate.
    That's interesting. I had only tried with Media Player. Interesting.

The wav came from a program that extracts components out of SWF files. I had only .wav and .mp3 options to save the component. Let me try again.

Hmm. Try this. Rename it as a .mp3 and try again... Doh.
    Last edited by dune; 07/28/2004 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dune
    Hmm. Try this. Rename it as a .mp3 and try again... Doh.
    Yeah, it was an mp3. I've attached a .wav version I made from it, for those who can play that.

Also, here is another small set of midi's that's more staccato and with some variation.
    Ok, this is fun...

Now it's too fast. Need some space back between the notes where the decay used to be...

And, too many notes! The original is 1-2-34, yours is 1-2-3-4-56. Right? Or am I just going crazy over Kim Possible? I should be working!

You know it might be that the original has for each note, two notes playing together...
    No, it really has those extra notes. Here's a screen capture of the wav file. The "echo" notes are quieter and have a different sound, though.

Also, here's a couple of midi files that simulate the different sounds for the echos. I'm still not happy with the actual sounds but a good combination of sounds the Treo DOES have might just do the trick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think your last versions are right on. Nice job!

Now it's just a matter of getting the right sound(s) like you said.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast