Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, I have a bunch of "maybe" candidates. Because MIDI files can play somewhat unpredictably on different devices (the Treo synthesizer set has its own peculiarities), it's not possible for me to test the candidates without putting them on an actual Treo and listening to them next to the original WAV file played by a desktop computer. My Treo is unavailable until this weekend, so if you want to test properly you'll need to do it yourself.

None are likely to be perfect because of the limited set of synthesizer voices on the Treo. If you need it perfect, you can use Lightwave with the mp3 version as a ring tone. I'd like to have it as an alarm, so MIDI is preferred. I'm at burnout with the tinkering, though, so if you want more variations you'll have to get the Anvil Studio freeware and try it yourself!

My thanks to 'dune' for the inspiration, encouragement, and MP3/WAV files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Oops, and 'dpower' for the originating idea!
  3.    #23  
    Holy cow. I don't know what in the h, e, double hockey sticks you guys were doing there, but that is some great inspired work. If I can figure out how to download it to my Treo now, my little person will be in for quite the surprise the next time I get a call with her around. Thanks guys...I look forward to more iterations once you have had time to hear it on the Treo.

For all of us who have been following this thread...hoo-rah!
    "Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." -- L. Armstrong
    Ok, confession time: when I'm home on the weekends I enjoy watching the show with my kids (daughter 6, son 3). Considering that my other obsession besides the Treo is Disney, I am nominating everyone who posted to this thread to honorary DisneyGeek status (by the way, there's even a website in that name)
    Oh, and to "mercer" and "dune", my compliments, you got it just right. As I've said before, obsessed people can move mountains!
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Ok, since we are confessing our utter obsession for the Treo and KimPossible. I had to set LWav to play the kimpossible.mp3 for all incoming sms msgs

Nice Job... BTW: I do not even have children
    Quote Originally Posted by smithj41
    Ok, since we are confessing our utter obsession for the Treo and KimPossible. I had to set LWav to play the kimpossible.mp3 for all incoming sms msgs

Nice Job... BTW: I do not even have children
    Ok, you win
    I can at least claim that I'm watching it with my kids.
    Anyway, I must admit, being a cartoon junkie all my life, this one is actually pretty good. My kids like it, it's clean, it has a decent message for girls and they use a lot of cool imaginary technology. In spite of the fact that her "communicator" looks like an IPAQ, it's pretty good mindless TV.
    Maybe palmOne should get their marketing people moving and get Kim a REAL communicator (with a thumboard).

Anyway, not to go OT too much. Again, great TreoCentral effort to get a need met. It always brings a tear to the eye.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    I'll admit it as well, I'd probably watch it even if I didn't have kids (and I had more time to watch TV)... Besides, Kim is kinda cute for a redhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by dune
    I'll admit it as well, I'd probably watch it even if I didn't have kids (and I had more time to watch TV)... Besides, Kim is kinda cute for a redhead.

Hey, whaddya mean 'for a redhead'?
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Hey, whaddya mean 'for a redhead'?
    Heh. I'm partial to brunettes.
    I am a brunette. But I have a beautiful red headed daughter.
    dpower, the easiest ways to get an ".mid" file into your phone's DB are
    (1) to email it to the phone and open the attachment (extract it from the ZIP file if it's in one), or
    (2) to move it to the SD card (using a card reader, Card Export, etc.) and then point the Blazer Web browser to it (e.g. substitute the actual "Directory" and "filename" into the URL = file:\\\Directory\filename.mid ).
    More info here or here.

If you're using Lightwave, you can use the MP3 and get the original sound exactly, instead of a MIDI approximation.
    Thanks!

Iíve never watched the show, but I love these midi files (Iím using #14 to let me know when email comes in through Chatter). Which file did everyone think was closest to the original?

James
    I have not been here in 4 years. Since that time I traded my Handspring Visor in for a Treo 600. And now it sounds like a "Kimmunicator"!

I can't wait to show my sons and wife.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Tim
    Timothy S. Brannan
    timothy[dot]brannan[at]comcast[dot]net
    I'm partial to Asian women, but Kim is *hot*.

(Who am I fooling? I'm partial to any woman who's partial to me! )
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  15.    #35  
    I recently found a great, clear .mp3 version of the Kim Possible Kimmunicator "beep-beep-beep-beep" thing, but I have no way to turn it into a midi file to use on my Treo. I will attach the file in hopes that someone can please turn this mp3 into a midi. My seven year old thanks you in advance...as she so frequently quotes Kim, "please and thank you."

Well...nevermind. The site will not let me upload the picture. So if you can help me convert the file, please email me at davepower@gmail.com and I'll send it to you instead. Why can't I upload an mp3, I wonder?
    "Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." -- L. Armstrong
    Kimmunicator beep tones

sooo...this thread is kinda stale, but I'll update it anyways...

My son likes the Kim Possible cartoon and my wife's name is Kim, so you can assume correctly that it wasn't long before I was tasked with finding the Kimmunicator ring tone. I found the .wav files, no prob, but no good midi files. Some decent initial work was done here but it seems that the original analysis of the sound was incomplete.

While the ring tone seems to be four simple tones, it's not. In order to achieve the bright tiny-cell-phone-sounding quality, the author of the ring used a clever trick of using arpeggios. The tones were actually created from super-fast arpeggiations (is that a word?) so that what sounds like 4 tones are actualy 10. The first two tones are three notes each and the last two are two notes each. I'll attempt to attach a zip containing the original and a slowed down version demonstrating what I mean.

SoÖwhat are the notes? My ear interoperates them as the following:
    First two tones are D 2 octaves above middle C, up a fourth to G and down to G an octave lower.
    The third tone is F 2 ocatves above middle C, then up to B flat.
    Last, the fourth is D 2 octaves above middle C, then up a fourth to G.

Iím not a midi programmer anymore (I was way back in the 80ís at the advent of MIDI when I was studying music with a little comp sci mixed in at UNT, then called NTSU, college of music) but I will include a little sample midi file I slapped together in the zip that I am planning to attempt to attach.

One problem with this is it seems some sound cards have problems with attempting to play a midi file at such a fast tempo, so if it sounds messed up and especially if it sounds different each time you play it, thatís the dealio.

Another thing I noticed is that it seems the Treo does NOT bother with midi volume info. My tests at attempting to mix down some of the tones was ignored by the Treo 650 I was testing on.

SoÖthereís my two scents. Maybe in another three years someone will finish the work with a perfected Kim Possible midi ringer, unless itís included as a stock ringer on the Treo750. Or hereís an ideaÖhow about supporting .wav ring tones???

- Tex
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: zip KP.zip (219.0 KB, 378 views)
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    The Treo 650 does support .wav ringtones. Send it to yourself as email and save the attachment to "Sounds".
    I have elevated to "Cool Mom" status with the kids. And enabled a friend with a new Treo to the same level. Thanks guys!!!
    I am away from my computer but not my Treo. I would love to get the .wav but have to wait until next week I guess. I can't process a zip file on the Treo.
    OK, how the HECK can i get this to work on my new 700p?

I beamed the wav (in the zip right above), it won't play the whole tone. IT's chopping in the middle - when i go into sounds, each time i play it it plays different parts of it.

So i emailed it to myself - it will only "save to card". Even if i take the card out.

Help - i need my KP tone
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast