1.    #1  
    Help please. My web connection is very slow on my Treo. Only had the phone for a few days. A friend of mine as a Treo and he is able to get an average of 80k a sec transfer speeds at DSLspeeds.com

My average is about 30K with my phone right beside his. We both have Sprint

Anything I can do to speed up the connection?

Thanks in advance....

Isaac
    Call Sprint Tier II tech support at 1-866-206-4108 and tell them that a rep sent you to that number. Tell them yoru problem and some have reported that they can fix it by swapping some settings. For me, they replaced my phone blaming it on the 1.20 update. They put a note in the file and had me go into a store to get a new one. Now my speeds are up to par again.
    if ya really want to see some speed increases, try reqwireless webviewer.

i went from 75 - 100 kbits/sec on blazer to 175 - 330 kbits/sec with webviewer.

its an amazingly fast browser esp w/ sprint. give this a try!
  4.    #4  
    thank you very much, especially for that tier II customer support number, best services i've ever had with sprint!
    any sites i can go to on my palm to test speeds? I know there was one for my computer but i lost the link, anyone know of one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastman
    any sites i can go to on my palm to test speeds? I know there was one for my computer but i lost the link, anyone know of one?
    http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed
    choose the 100k file size
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed
    choose the 100k file size
    damn. i have Sprint and mine is only 24 kbit/sec. so this isn't normal?

btw - thanks for the link.
    i just did the one on cnet.com with the standard browser and got 30.2, i have sprint. Im sure its supposed to go faster. I tried it with the demo of webpro and it seemed a hell of alot faster but it didnt autolink to the stat page so i dont know. I would try the demo of webviewer but i dont have the java thing....

edit: just tried the link that u sent, tried both 100k and 200k (mind this is inside and not the highest connection) and it tesll me unstable/too fast a result please choose larger file....
    Last edited by Beastman; 07/21/2004 at 10:27 PM.
    I must be hallucinating. Running the 200k test on WebViewer gave me 268kbit/sec. I really really want to like this browser (since I bought it and i have to say it is pretty fast) but it needs some tweaking...and that's another can of worms.