1.    #1  
    I there any software out there that will allow you to use the Treo 600 connected via hotsync cable as a telephony device. The CEO is requesting if there is any way to dial using the Treo from Outlook.

TIA

Garry
    I hate executives. Just because he's a CEO doesn't mean anything to us. If he needs help tell him to ask us directly. Don't be his pawn.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
  3.    #3  
    Hmm, guess you hate me as well, I am the Information Technology Director for our company. I personally use a Treo 600 along with about 20 others in our company. He brought the request to my attention as he knows I follow Treocentral daily. As for being his "pawn", I guess you would not survive in coporate america too long with the attitude of uncooperation your are exhibiting. I have a tremendous amount of freedom in my job and when my direct boss asks me to do him a favor, it would be the high of hubris to refuse.

Garry
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    I hate executives. Just because he's a CEO doesn't mean anything to us. If he needs help tell him to ask us directly. Don't be his pawn.
    I hope you're kidding. In what job (or, for that matter, in what tasks in general life) does every person do EVERYTHING him or herself without delegation? Geat "real", as your name suggests.
    I am not sure I understand the question...why would you need to dial your Treo from Outlook? If it is synched...you have all the same contacts in your Treo...why not just dial from the Treo? Maybe I am missing something.

And for the record...Real-ty's post was ignorant.
    The Executive would rather dial using his PC keyboard then use his hands to dial the Treo, my guess.

I don't believe there is a software program that will allow the Treo to be used in such a manner. It can be used as a modem but there would be very little $ potential to turn a smartphone into a PC phone.

Tell him to buy a phone that will interface with the PC and dial the numbers for him from there: AASTRA makes some.

But if he wants to use the Treo as a modem - go to www.junefabrics.com and download PDAnet.....that will work. Assuming that there is a high speed connection at your work place - then this would be stepping down since the best speeds of the Treo, are around 100K per sec.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep
    I there any software out there that will allow you to use the Treo 600 connected via hotsync cable as a telephony device. The CEO is requesting if there is any way to dial using the Treo from Outlook.

TIA

Garry
    If I understand the question correctly, the executive would like to use his Treo to connect his laptop to his mail server. He may be able to do that.

I routinely connect my laptop to my Treo via the hotsynch cable. Then, using the PDANet server on my Treo and the PDANet client on my laptop, I connect the laptop to the Internet and then to my (Pop) mail server. I use Snappermail to access my mail.

If the executive's mail server is visible to the Internet, he should be able to do the same.
  8. -c-
    Use PDAReach from junefabrics. It will show his treo on the PC and he could dial from there using keyboard/mouse. I haven't tried it tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by -c-
    Use PDAReach from junefabrics. It will show his treo on the PC and he could dial from there using keyboard/mouse. I haven't tried it tho...
    I do not know that PDAReach is responsive to the request but it is very interesting. Prompted by your post, I have downloaded and then purchased it.

One way to visualize it as a PC remote control for the Treo. When the PC and Treo components are connected by the hot synch cable and both are running, one seee an image of the Treo on the PC screen. This image operates just like the Treo. One can operate any Treo application on the PC screen. This includes being able to make a phone call or start or stop a network connection.

On the Treo screen, one sees the same screen as on the PC. In fact, the application may be operated on either device. Actually, the Treo screen will time out and the keyguard will kick in on the Treo but it will light up again if the application is used on the PC.

This am I synched my Treo, including Avantgo. Treo used my PC as a proxy to connect to the Internet. Then I started PDAReach on the Treo and used my PC to read the New York times on Avantgo on the Treo. Then I started Snapper mail from the PC side and saw my e-mail in the Treo window on the PC. Now the PC is using the Treo as a proxy for connecting to the Internet over GPRS.

For the moment, it is a fascinating novelty and I am not sure how useful it will be. One thing that I am sure that I will use it for is to demonstrate the use of the Treo to my audiences.

This product is from the same people who brought you PDANet and works the way you would expect code from them to work. On the other hand, it is release 1.0 so it may not be as robust as it will be. [The Treo has locked up once; reset on the Treo left the window on the PC. Restarting PDAReach on the Treo lit up the window on the PC.]
    i wanna be an exec! i wanna be an exec! so i can shot garry an email to post! "garry, find out how tape will improve my treo!"

u gotta love it!
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!