1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,

New beta out - please let me know if it works (or doesn't work) on your network.

If it doesn't work (or you're interested) - press the debug button to turn on debug messages. This will let you know what phone technician thinks is going on.

Thanks to Dickie for his help tracking down the CDMA event ordering.

edit: attachment removed. New version further down.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 07/21/2004 at 06:41 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    CV,

I'm giving it another shot, I'll let you know. BTW, just registered Butler....loving it!

Thanks,
    -Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Doesn't stop ringing when I answer a call. Caller can hear it. Tried several times. I'm using a Sprint Treo...

Thanks,
    -Joe
    - Albert Einstein
  4.    #4  
    I've got a good feeling about this one...

Please let me know if the ringer stops.

Edit: Removed attachment: even better version later
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 07/21/2004 at 08:25 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    So far, so good! It stops ringing when I answer, and I haven't had any freezing with this version. I'll report back after some a day or two of normal useage. Thanks!

-Joe
    - Albert Einstein
  6.    #6  
    Ok - two positive reports along with my testing on orange UK - can anyone else confirm that this works on their network (please let me know your network as well!)
    Hobbyist Software
    When testing ringer, ringer will not stop
    reset to solve.
    tested calling phone...
    could not answer or ignore, ringer just kept going but stopped when I hung up phone I was using to call with.

tried calling again...
    same as before except nag screen came up. buttons would not work and ringer kept going.

had to reset.

deleted app.

Let me know if there' something more I can test.

Phil
    Seems to work fine on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    Seems to work fine on Sprint
    Arggghhh...Mine won't work
  10.    #10  
    Just a thought - how are you answering the call? Answering with the headset might not be noticed.
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Just a thought - how are you answering the call? Answering with the headset might not be noticed.
    with the on screen button
  12.    #12  
    I've sent you a debug version - please let me know what you get.

--Frustrated---

Thanks!
    Hobbyist Software
  13.    #13  
    Ok - DutchTrumpet is sorted. Turns out it was the tone playing blocking the screen. He had to tap multiple times to interrupt it.

New version does tones differently which sorts this problem and incedentally allows volume control to work with tones.

All round a win.

I'll put this on palmgear tomorrow - but I think it's a goodie!

Edit: Attachment removed - PT 0.78 now on palmgear.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 07/23/2004 at 05:16 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
    This guy is the best! Everyone buy his stuff. This works much more smoothly than lightwave!(for me)
    The screenoff feature works better for me than callshield. I am using Phoneview(to cycle between phone/contacts/favs/callhist with press of phone button) and with call shield I had to use power button to turn screen back on. Other wise the phoneview would cycle. Not a big deal but annoying for me. With phone technician phone button turns on screen where I left it.
    i'm interested in getting an utility that plays mp3s for my ringtone. i've got the trial lightwav now and i'm testing that out but for the price phone tech sounds better but i still have some questions. will phone tech let me set specific mp3s for specific numbers? does it know to turn the song off when i answer? thanks for the info
    I use butler's keyguard and technician's screen off. Can you make it so that the keyguard does not kick in when screen is off during a call.

thanks as always!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 420experience
    i'm interested in getting an utility that plays mp3s for my ringtone. i've got the trial lightwav now and i'm testing that out but for the price phone tech sounds better but i still have some questions. will phone tech let me set specific mp3s for specific numbers? does it know to turn the song off when i answer? thanks for the info
    Hi there - I don't plan to add this to phone technician. If I can get it quick - I'll have different rings for known and unknown callers - but that's it.

And yes - the latest version (0.77) does turn the song off when you answer. (hey - the old versions knew they were meant to...)
    Hobbyist Software
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I use butler's keyguard and technician's screen off. Can you make it so that the keyguard does not kick in when screen is off during a call.

thanks as always!
    Now added to the (long) list of things to do.
    Hobbyist Software