1.    #1  
    While in the "preferences" area on the T600, if I choose the general tab or even keygard menu, my treo goes straight to a soft reset and never gets me the opions to do anything?

Thank for your help....any advise?
    What does the #377 soft reset report tell you? Also what apps do you have installed?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the advise. Checked ##377(which I didnt realize you could do) and found "keyboard" was causing the problem. Erased it and now my Treo seems to be working fine. Thanks....
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What does the #377 soft reset report tell you? Also what apps do you have installed?
    Do you type "#377" dial?
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Do you type "#377" dial?
    Close, it's ##377 then dial. It'll show you the error log.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Sorry for the basic question but where and when do you type ##377?
    If you're Treo has been acting up ##377 (on Sprint) will give you an error log telling you what went wrong. To get to this screen, type ##377 and then "dial" (as if you're making a call). Hope this helps!
    Last edited by ivyrose; 07/20/2004 at 12:31 PM.
    On some providers, it's #*377 (like AT&T)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    On some providers, it's #*377 (like AT&T)
    Ahhh, good to know. Thank you My previous post has been edited.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose
    If you're Treo has been acting up ##377 (on Sprint) will give you an error log telling you what went wrong. To get to this screen, type ##377 and then "dial" (as if you're making a call). Hope this helps!
    That helps! Is there any other way to get this information? I was having my phone application causing soft resets this week whenever you did anything in the application. Any press of a phone number, etc would cause the reset. In that case, I would not have been able to get the ##377 information. But I suppose that if the only information returned is the offending program, then I already know that. :-)
    i was having problems with resets too but while using the "lookup in contacts" button. i just did the error log thing and it says

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:3760, Invalid chunk
    ptr

what does this mean? and how do i fix this?
    Mine has been crashing lately when i dial a call. It may have been from a small drop I had. Heres the error message, what are your thoughts?

Emul68kCommin.c,
    Line:1594, Index out of range
    The error messages are little help unless you also include the name of the application that crashed.
    Is there something like this for Verizon?
    Here is the rule of thumb:
    GSM Treos use #*377 and dial
    CDMA Treos (Sprint and Verizon) use ##377 and dial.
    ## is reserved on GSM for other uses - MMI codes and hence the difference.
    ## is also commonly used on CDMA phones as a special command access prefix.
    Aide-memoire - 377=ERR on the keypad.
    When I dial ##377 on VZW, it rings and then I get a message that my call cannot be completed as dialed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin
    Mine has been crashing lately when i dial a call. It may have been from a small drop I had. Heres the error message, what are your thoughts?

Emul68kCommin.c,
    Line:1594, Index out of range
    Hey, yesterday I had the same problem too. These days I noticed that I have more soft resets (or had to do). Some times typing #*377 just says unknown error. I really wonder if its the update that was done. I've have had the treo since last december and these days I don't play with the programs much so it doesn't explain the constant soft resets.
    Verizon Wireless Is #*377 Dial