1.    #1  
    Want to erase all contacts out of my Treo before I send it back to Verizon. Help!!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    A hard reset will return your T6 to it's original state.
    you have a treo600 and are ALREADY sending it BACK to verizon??

thats got to be a record
  4.    #4  
    How do I do a hard reset? Are you sure that is going to work?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by quake8
    you have a treo600 and are ALREADY sending it BACK to verizon??

thats got to be a record

Had the unit since last Monday - very unhappy with it.
    hold down the silver button on top and at the same time do a soft reset at same time release the both at same time that is a hard reset
    Perhaps your unhappiness stems from a lack of knowledge. Try reading the big book that came with your treo. It's called a User Guide. Loads of helpful information in there on how to make your treo operate, INCLUDING Hard Reset.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    ...Try reading the big book that came with your treo...
    ouch!
    Quote Originally Posted by tripm
    ouch!
    Ya I know I am kind of a ******* when it comes to these types of questions, but really, how tough is it to look it up in the manual? It is certainly no more work that posting something on TC and there is no waiting for an answer.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Ya I know I am kind of a ******* when it comes to these types of questions, but really, how tough is it to look it up in the manual? It is certainly no more work that posting something on TC and there is no waiting for an answer.
    How tough is it to keep going when someone posts a question like this?! Instead of flaming them, just keep going. Not everyone is a whiz with stuff like this, and yes, even with the manual in front of them this sort of thing can be overwhelming. Next time, if you're going to take the time to post to a question you don't like, take the time to find them a link to another discussion that will help them.

But then, sometimes it's just much easier to be a d-ick!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg
    How tough is it to keep going when someone posts a question like this?! Instead of flaming them, just keep going. Not everyone is a whiz with stuff like this, and yes, even with the manual in front of them this sort of thing can be overwhelming. Next time, if you're going to take the time to post to a question you don't like, take the time to find them a link to another discussion that will help them.

Well thanks Randy. I really appreciate you calling me names. Does that make you feel better?

just like our threadstarter I am allowed to respond to any thread I like. I didnt flame anyone. I politely suggested that reading the manual might be beneficial to his treo experience. If finding hard reset in the manual is overwhelming for someone, perhaps the treo 600 is more technology than they can handle.

By the way you could benefit from you own advice. Next time your going to take the time to respond to a post you dont like, take that time to instead find a thread to contribute to where your arent compelled to be childish and resort to name calling. Your post is even less helpful than mine, becuse it wasnt even related to the topic of the thread.

For what it's worth, it took me less than a minute to pick up the manual, check the index for hard reset and find the procedure on page 165. This is of course the Sprint treo so your page may be carrier dependant.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Perhaps your unhappiness stems from a lack of knowledge. Try reading the big book that came with your treo. It's called a User Guide. Loads of helpful information in there on how to make your treo operate, INCLUDING Hard Reset.

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. I ordered it over the phone from VZW, I can't say how unhappy I am with the device. The final straw was the low resolution on the screen. Yeah, I should have done more research, but nowhere on the VZW website does it say the resolution, samsung's site just said it was a "• Bright CSTN backlit display". Since the only way you could get it was via the phone, well I gave it a shot, and now it's going back.

I've owned an Ipaq for over 2 years, and I never knew how to hard reset it. It's not something everyone reads or knows until you need to do it. I very familiar with Palm based devices, and my lack of not knowing how to hard reset it, doesn't mean I didn't read the User Guide, as you so kindly described as "the big book that came with your treo" Sometimes, it's just easiest to get hints tips and whatnot from an internet forum where people go for hlp.
    Hello, I consider myself a power user, the hi-res screen would've certainly help but so far I have given little complaints to the lo-res screen. Last year, I used my Tungsten T to do notetaking during class, and to write reports and assignments. The hi-res screen would've helped fit more text on the screen but it's a tradeoff because I only have to carry one device now. For all the other apps I use, lo-res is perfectly good enough. I think I'm getting much better battery life out of my Treo than my old Tungsten T and that's already enough to wow me over.
    By the way, you DO know that the Treo 600 is a PalmOne device, not a Samsung device? And if u did indeed check the internet before, EVERYONE would've told u it was a lo-res 160x160 device. Well, sad ur unhappy with your device, see you again at Treo Ace.
    Yes it is a palmone device, a typo on my part. WHat I typed after that is a direct copy and past from their site.
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg

Nice post! Hypocritical too! Grow the h*|| up!
    MRL-MO
    1. got to desktop application; go to adresses; selact all names by clicking on one entry then "ctrol+A(key)" all entries are selcted.
    2. Click delete on keyboard
    3. set sync setup to "desktop overwrites handheld"
    4. Perform a hot sync "voila" the entries are history.

NOTE you can do this to for other categories such as note etc.