View Poll Results: Will you ever buy a Treo without a replacement plan?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 38.98%
  • No

36 61.02%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not trying to debate which is best. But just wondering if there is anyone that would ever purchase a Treo 600 with their own money and not get some type of replacement plan?

The Treo is great, but I don't think I've ever used a piece of equipment so prone to having flaws in my life!
    So far, all the flaws have been covered under warranty but that won't last forever. I have the Sprint ERP.
    I don't think AT&T offered one, at least not that I'm aware of...so fingers crossed that nothing happens to mine
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    t-mo doesn't do replacement plans, they have insurance, but who knows if they will give you another treo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Let's see. $400 dollars or more for the phone. $4 per month for a replacement plan.

It has nothing to do with the Treo and everything to do with the fact that I drop this $400 dollar gadget all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    t-mo doesn't do replacement plans, they have insurance, but who knows if they will give you another treo.
    What else would they give you? Another model phone?
    I would buy a plan in a heartbeat---if there was one for AT&T. I'd have used it by now too.
    Haven't bought a protection plan. Still on First treo 600 , which I have had since October.
  9.    #9  
    I'm surprised that some providers have no replacement plan/insurance option.

Although I have a Best Buy plan for my Treo, this gives me one other reason to stick with Sprint. Never know when I might want to sign up for their insurance and it's just nice having the option available.
    no question. I don't play with my money . let's see 48 bucks for the year or 600 dollars for a replacement phone. remember, you would have to pay retail as you probably wouldn't be eligible for a phone upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    Haven't bought a protection plan. Still on First treo 600 , which I have had since October.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    What else would they give you? Another model phone?

you would hope they would give you a treo, but they say the will replace it with phone they currently carry.

afaikafaikafaik, $i$ $dont$ $know$ $of$ $anyone$ $who$ $used$ $the$ $t$-$mo$ $insurance$ $to$ $get$ $a$ $replacment$ $treo$. $do$ $you$?
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I just got my new (sealed box) treo from Assurion (t-mo's insurer) today after my treo fell in the pond and drowned. $35 deductable + $20 in premiums = brand new treo, great service too! The best $55 I've ever spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by koche005
    I just got my new (sealed box) treo from Assurion (t-mo's insurer) today after my treo fell in the pond and drowned. $35 deductable + $20 in premiums = brand new treo, great service too! The best $55 I've ever spent.

that is good to know, i just hope i never have to use it.
    Felipe
    Rogers Wireless doesn't offer phone insurance anymore, so I just gotta be careful w/ my baby!

Donald
    bought the bb plan...just be sure you can recreate the problem when you are there.....i could not last time and they would not exchange it...thwey said the buzz on sp[eakerphone is not enough of a problem, and i could not get an echo on it either...oh well guess i will wait till the ace comes out nayway....;-)
  17. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Interesting thread. Anyone know if AT&T offers coverage? Being the skeptic that I am, I wonder how many people read the fine print on some of these coverage plans. They sound great until you actually try to make a claim and get denied. For example, do they cover you if you drop or run over the phone? How about if it gets lost or stolen? Insurance companies write these policies presumably because they are profitable.
    I figure if I break the phone, I will just buy the new version.. Why have protection, if I will just upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    I figure if I break the phone, I will just buy the new version.. Why have protection, if I will just upgrade.
    apparently some of us are not as rich as you. I can't afford to break a 600$ phone and turn around and pay at least 450$ to get another one. Even if you are eligible for the upgrade. But what if you are not?
    I've never bought a replacement plan on any of my phones. I generally only keep my phones for a max of few months anyways so anything that might go wrong is under warranty.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast