1.    #1  
    I'm thinking about getting a Treo, but I'm a newbie Mac user with OS X and Microsoft Entourage as my email client, calendar, etc.
    Is it possible to use iSync to load the Treo?
    You can easily sync the Treo with iSync, but that will use the built-in AddressBook and iCal apps not Entourage. I believe you can use a conduit from Entourage to HotSync, but that will not be using iSync.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Yes, you need the conduit from Microsoft (go to their Mac section on their site, or try macupdate.com, search for Entourage Conduit). For me, it has worked very dependably, but others have reported problems. Make sure you've installed the update to Office X if you are using an older version of Office (not the new one that just came out). I haven't tried synching email, but Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Tasks have transferred back and forth without a hitch.

Good luck,
    - hoju
  4.    #4  
    thank you everyone. I'm going out to get my Treo(s) on Thursday! I have to wait for my Verizon contract to expire.
    Anyone using these progs:

iCal
    Mail
    Address Book

If so, are you using them successfully? Also, I'm assuming all you had to do was download isync from Apple's site.

I'm getting my VZ Treo 600 tomorrow morning. How am I going to sleep?!?!
    Yes, I'm using them just fine. Note however that you can't synch email with the Mail app via iSync. I'm not sure if the Entourage conduit syncs email either but I thought that it did not also.

I guess how you sleep will depend on what you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Anyone using these progs:

iCal
    Mail
    Address Book

If so, are you using them successfully? Also, I'm assuming all you had to do was download isync from Apple's site.

I'm getting my VZ Treo 600 tomorrow morning. How am I going to sleep?!?!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I am a Mac Consultant here in Manhattan and an avid Treo user.

Yes Entourage can sync with the Treo via Microsoft's Handheld Synchronization package. It's an additional download for Office X, but it's included on the Office 2004 CD.

No, Entourage does not sync mail to the palm by default. I have found 2 conduit/apps that accomplish this task albeit, neither of them do it well.

You can try Quesync (http://www.queuesoft.jp/)

and an app called

MailCourier (http://www.ligaturetech.com/)

I've tried them both and was very much underwhelmed by them, but they may do what you need them to do.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com