Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Now that Verizon has released the 600, I need to decide if I should wait for the 610 from Sprint or buy the 600 now from Verizon.

What are the specific upgrades that are thought to be on the 610 vs. the 600?

Thanks
    Bruce
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vaillaw
    Now that Verizon has released the 600, I need to decide if I should wait for the 610 from Sprint or buy the 600 now from Verizon.

What are the specific upgrades that are thought to be on the 610 vs. the 600?

Thanks
    Bruce
    When the Treo Ace is released, you have to decide if you want to buy it or wait for the Treo 700. And if you wait for the Treo 700, you have to decide if you want o buy it or wait for the Treo 800.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Tell me. That's why it takes me forever to buy a new computer, car, stereo ......

thanks
    Eventually we all have to die, so don't wait too long to enjoy the finer things that life has to offer.....
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Is this my conscious speaking?
    There will always be something better. The question is, can u wait for it. If the drop date is this Fall, then that's not too long to wait, if u can.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Eventually we all have to die, so don't wait too long to enjoy the finer things that life has to offer.....

LOL! That's the most macabre reasoning I've ever read for getting a Treo600!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well what if you know your after-life will be better than the current? And you know that a Treo 600 won't even be concern after you are gone from here. You can't take it with you and know you would not care to have it. So why waste the money at all? Just be happy you are a day older and one step closer to the next phase.

Just wanted to offer an alternative POV .
    f*ckin life. I didn't ask to be here
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    PalmOne has been known to offer upgrade discounts to existing customers. Also, I noticed that Sprint has begun a national advertising campaign called "New for you" or something similar that offers discounted handset prices for customers who stay with them for 12-18 months. So, my $.02 is to grab yourself a spanking new Treo now and spend some time with it (get handset insurance no matter what) and then when the ACE arrives you will be even more overjoyed with the upgrades that it has in comparison to your old T600. Then turn around and sell it on Ebay!
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    --Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
    There goes my plan to buy the 600 early next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Whoa....does that apply to everything? I'd copyright that line if it were me.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    What do you think you could sell a Treo 600 for in 6 months on ebay?
    maybe 200, 250 new
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Has anyone thought about the "screenshot" of a Powerpoint that has been a lot of the source of this Treo ACE debate. If it is an official Sprint or palmOne screen representation why does it not use the official Treo and palmOne logos? Just curious...
    It was simply a slide from a presentation, I think. I don't think they intented for it to leak to the general public and probably were not worried about putting logos on it. They have the name "Treo" and "PalmOne" with the "TM" mark. That's about all they really need. The logo is simply for marketing. I would expect that for a release given to the public.

If it were not "official" a "large wireless carrier" would not have forced TreoCentral to remove the information. They would have simply left it as a rumor and denied it was their material.
  17. tcv
    There are some constants that one can count on in the pursuit of technology.

1. There is always the promise of perfection.

2. The technology you purchase will not be perfect.

3. Perfection will be available in the next revision.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcv
    There are some constants that one can count on in the pursuit of technology.

1. There is always the promise of perfection.

2. The technology you purchase will not be perfect.

3. Perfection will be available in the next revision.
    The Treo Ace will take the 600 into a new world:

Pictures we can proudly show
    Movies we can use to educate, entertain
    BT which will hit strongly over the next 24 months with all sorts of devices
    Official voice recorder
    Decent workable camera
    etc.,
    etc.

It is THE step into what the Treo should have been...the all in one.

Now if you have 320 x 320 resolution, there really is no need for higher resolutions. It's like a pencil or a fax. Once you get to a certain level of performance, the product is done. Sure there are different pencils and faxes, but its like the design got to the point where the designer "got it."

I imagine the early pencils...pieces of tree. Early faxes, really slow and hard to read with expensive paper.

Today the fax is fast and cheap enough to accomodate the needs of 99% of users.

When you compare a 300 to a 600, it is not as exciting as moving from the 600 to a 610 (or Ace)

Moving from a 610 to a 620 will not be revolutionary. It will be evolutionary.

We are about to break loose. The 600 to the 610 is a revolutionary step. Bigger than the Palm Vx to the Treo 270 or 300.

Its very exciting.
    I was really disappointed seeing the T610-as stated in the post above it's not a huge jump like it was anticipated-it still has an aerial for starters......!

I'm not that loyal to Palm(I hope you're listening!!!)and I have been reading about the Motorola MPx at Howard Forums and its got all the Bells and Whistles that I wished my Treo 600 had so that will probably be my next purchase when it comes out-I'm in no rush to upgrade.

Here's the thread again about the MPx-sounds amazing..........!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast