1. RNJ
    Hi all,
    we just switched our coprporate email system from Lotus Notes to Outlook, with email service hosted by an external ISP.
    My question is the following: does anyone know if I can access my email through a wireless connection on my Treo600 ? The email system is IMAP (not a technical person, so do not know difference between this and POP3...)
    I tried to setup the email service on various email clients (Eudora mail, snappermail) but they will not connect.
    Any help on how this could be achieved would be most welcome !!!
    Thanks
    eudora doesnt support imap.

and unless you downloaded the beta of snapper, it doesn't either. you need version 2 for imap.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Many IMAP accounts can also be accessed via POP3, with access to the INBOX only. Your ISP might have a separate server name and port number for POP3, which is supported by all email programs. (The difference between IMAP and POP3, functionally, is that IMAP maintains all your mail in folders on the server, while POP3 keeps the mail in a single queue, and expects you to download it into your client program where you can organize it into folders. POP3 is universally supported, but IMAP is best for people who want to access the same set of messages from several computers.)
  4. RNJ
    Hi Felipe and Tangible. Many thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
    I have downloaded the beta version of snappermail and configured it, but I cannot egt it to connect and I get timed out.
    I selected IMAP4, filled in the servers, user names and passwords, checked the port, all of which coincide with my setup on the laptop, but no luck.
    Is there something I am missing ?
    RNJ,

you get timed out? you can't connect at all?

it might be time to contact support@snappermail.com

tell them who your carrier is and what type of imap server you are trying to get to. at this point it doesn't even sound like you are making it to the server. it might be a carrier issue.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6. RNJ
    OK thanks for the suggestion Felipe. I have sent them off a mail, and have spoken to our corp IT to try and figure out. Will keep you posted if any success.
    Many thanks for your help.

RNJ