Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just saw a new thread "speculating" on the build quality of the forthcoming Treo Ace, because his favorite toy took four replacements before he got a Treo 600 that worked correctly.

It's time to give up the whining. Having read this (and other) forums for some time, and having a November 2003 original still running great, the camps seem to be divided perfectly: 10% think they are a POS and 10% (like me) think they're remarkably stable for being the Swiss army knife of smartphones. The other 80% don't even know we (or these forums) exist.

So to all those 3, 4, 5, 6..... replacement users - GIVE IT UP! Move on to one of those terrific, full featured, never fail PPC based smartphones. Or go to some Symbian or other custom OS specialty phones that can't spell "Outlook" if spotted the "l", "k", "o" and "u" BUT ABOVE ALL, throw away that POS Treo 600 you whine about all the time (I've got a trash can right here next to my desk that I'll loan for the trashing party),
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    It would be nice if that happened, but I just skip these threads, which is very easy to do. Of course, people have the right to keep talking about it and I'm sure they will.

On my original GSM Treo myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Just saw a new thread "speculating" on the build quality of the forthcoming Treo Ace, because his favorite toy took four replacements before he got a Treo 600 that worked correctly.

It's time to give up the whining. Having read this (and other) forums for some time, and having a November 2003 original still running great, the camps seem to be divided perfectly: 10% think they are a POS and 10% (like me) think they're remarkably stable for being the Swiss army knife of smartphones. The other 80% don't even know we (or these forums) exist.

So to all those 3, 4, 5, 6..... replacement users - GIVE IT UP! Move on to one of those terrific, full featured, never fail PPC based smartphones. Or go to some Symbian or other custom OS specialty phones that can't spell "Outlook" if spotted the "l", "k", "o" and "u" BUT ABOVE ALL, throw away that POS Treo 600 you whine about all the time (I've got a trash can right here next to my desk that I'll loan for the trashing party),
    What most folks are truly tired of is the crappy build quality from palmOne and the apologists who seek to quiet those with legitimate complaints. I am on my first Treo for about 4 months now and it has never given me any problems. But I work in an office where at least 10 people have Treos and half of them have failed, and sometimes the replacements have failed. This is not a case where blaming the victims is appropriate. For a $600 phone this is unacceptable and every post that is made in complaint is probably understated by a ratio of 10-1.

palmOne's build quality is horrible in other lines as well. Several models of the Zire for example, their cheaper PDA's, suffer from many of the same problems the Treo does on the PDA side. On the phone side you would think palmOne was inventing the very first telephone.

So no I don't think we need to try to shut up those who are unsatisifed. Its not like people here are complaining about the color of their phone being the wrong color. They would just like the damn thing to work reliably. Since when did crap settling become a popular thing to do?
    I've never had a pda that I haven't had problems with. I've come to expect it, but am happy with the 1-year warranty replacement.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I have not complained about my 7135. I have called VZ and they have sent me 4 replacements. Meaning I have five phones. they agreed instead of replacing the 7135 again that they will instead exchange for the TREO 600. I did my research, that is how I found this website. We all your reviews and others I have seen I exchanged my phones.

I have worked overtime to try to crash my TREO 600 and it hasn't. I have played games, installed and unistalled, sych after sych and it keeps chugging along. I really beleive the TREO 600 is an excellent phone.

Of course I also beleive the camera is the worst part of the phone but I didn't buy just for the camera, that is why I have a digi camera.

If you are really unhappy with the current smartphone you have, talk to your carrier and ask for an exchange. I did.

Juanramon
    I just love people who whine about whiners.
    Quote Originally Posted by slffl
    I just love people who whine about whiners.
    In case you are whining, I'm sick and tired of people who whine about people who whine about others who whine.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. I'm sure if it happened to you, you would be one of the "whiners".

I'm waiting for the cameraless Treo for Verizon. Having been a lurker of this site for a while, I know that there is a chance that I may have to get a replacement. I find the "whining" informative, as Iím sure for all those who are not registered on this site and are just reading the various posts to research the Treo before buying. Isnít that the purpose of this site, to share experiences, find help, and discuss all aspects about the Treo, good and bad. So if this site is just for fanboys of Treo who just glorify the Treo as the end all be all of smartphones than maybe I should just bounce right out of here.
    I am on my thrid replacement. It was tempting to give up the fight while dealing with the He** that is customer support, but the absolute potential of the device kept me going. This board kept my hopes alive and thaught me many ways to avoid and fix potential problems.

I'm in for the long haul, but I hope it gets easier.
    can I have some cheese with my whine??
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    In case you are whining, I'm sick and tired of people who whine about people who whine about others who whine.
    I've had it up to here with people who are sick and tired of people who whine about people who whine about others who whine!

I guess that's why I'm not married anymore!!!

Now, let's see how many different openings and add-ons to this sentence can be added to this thread before Kurt puts his foot down!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I initially thought you were referring to the "screen whine" my partially defective, 3rd Treo suffers from!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Would you like some ice with that whine?
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    Would you like some ice with that whine?
    I believe it's "would you like some cheese with that whine?"

Who puts ice in wine?
    Oh, quit whining.
    My 2 cents, (which in the eyes of the world may be worth -10) is that I'm tired of the Ace speculators. "Ooh, it's going to have a 50 gig microdrive!!!!" " I heard from my cousin Bob (who works at a bait shop where the CEO of PalmOne goes to on the weekends) that screen is going to utilize a form of fisson" "Yeah? Well I think there should be a ripcord so it doubles as a back-up parachute." These are the people that need to be shut up. It's all vaporware until it's actually available for purchase. I can't even begin to fathom how these people have so much free time that they can still manage to fit something as utterly useless as speculating/questioning/debating the features of a phone that has had no official mention yet.

If you really care what features it has, write to PalmOne and tell them about, quit filling the board with this crap
    {/end rant}
    Will
    LMAO!!!!

Oh, and BTW, quit yer whining!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I have two daughters and one granddaughter. I am used to whining.
    Why does everybody on this thread hate whine?

I mean, sure, I prefer beer but I often love a good bottle of whine with dinner.

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I have heard both versions:

"Would you like some ice with that whine," and "Would you like some cheese with that whine."
    Quote Originally Posted by WillH
    My 2 cents, (which in the eyes of the world may be worth -10) is that I'm tired of the Ace speculators. "Ooh, it's going to have a 50 gig microdrive!!!!" " I heard from my cousin Bob (who works at a bait shop where the CEO of PalmOne goes to on the weekends) that screen is going to utilize a form of fisson" "Yeah? Well I think there should be a ripcord so it doubles as a back-up parachute." These are the people that need to be shut up. It's all vaporware until it's actually available for purchase. I can't even begin to fathom how these people have so much free time that they can still manage to fit something as utterly useless as speculating/questioning/debating the features of a phone that has had no official mention yet.

If you really care what features it has, write to PalmOne and tell them about, quit filling the board with this crap
    {/end rant}
    LMAO!!!

Whiner!!!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast