Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm starting this thread because I found this app in another thread (I think a thread about freeware). However, I think that this app deserves a thread of it's own for the following reasons:

1. To let others know about this app. TreoOffOn controls the radio on your Treo 600. NOTE: I think that it is still in beta.
    2. To allow the Developer to maybe see a thread for the app he created and maybe post updates to this thread.

So, let's get it started.

Quickster, GREAT APP!! Can you give us some information on the features of TreoOffOn. There are some things that I'm not so clear on.
    Lemme help you out...

Linkage
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  3.    #3  
    here is the app
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I have been using it for the last month and have come to like the app very much, especially while traveling. I noticed in the old thread that he was in the midst of working on a future update but that was the last I head or it. I found it to be a great app and it really worked 99% of the time (it didn't cause any soft resets either -- big kudos.)
    Hello Users,

I have not fallen or dropped of the face of ye' ol' eArth but have been overly consumed with my real paying job, writing a checkers game for my grandkids, celebrating 39 years of wonderful marriage and some other things I have probably forgotten since I now suffer from MBS (multiple birthday syndrome).

Anyway, I am working on an update for this little app and one thing I have working now is the ability to disconnect all GPRS sessions from the main screen. This is one thing I really like because some other apps do not clean up well after themselves.

I am also looking at being able to turn the screen off during a call. This is more tricky than I originally thought as you sort of need the CarKit function but that is also now in the updated software available for all Treos.

TreoOffOn has changed direction from my early original design and I am updating the main screen so there is easy access to these functions. There will be a second page where other functions appear. Hope that makes sense.

So, hang in there and keep the faith. The update will be along real soon now.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Great news Quickster,

I feel like your grandkids waiting for their new checker game.

Like so many others who couldn't create a program like this one to save themselves, I thank you for your efforts and really look forward to the next update of Treo off/on

Regards,

Thunder204
    Great program Quickster,

I have one question: Is the "Quick Reset" button a "soft reset" for the device? If so, the only thing it is doing is turning the phone off then back on again. It's not performing a "soft reset". I also have "Soft Reset" app? Could that be the problem? I'll dump it if the "Quick Reset" should work as a "soft reset".

Tks again for another great app
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Great program Quickster,

I have one question: Is the "Quick Reset" button a "soft reset" for the device? If so, the only thing it is doing is turning the phone off then back on again. It's not performing a "soft reset". I also have "Soft Reset" app? Could that be the problem? I'll dump it if the "Quick Reset" should work as a "soft reset".

Tks again for another great app
    The "Quick Reset" button is just a controlled method of turning the phone off, waiting a few seconds, then turning the phone on again. It is NOT a system reset.

That function, a soft system rest, will be added to the next version of TreoOffOn.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    That would be great having the soft reset in the next version.
    Tks Again Quickster
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have loaded TreoOffOn and so far so good.

Previously I used TreoHelper to do the same job, but it had lots of options that did not work on the 600, which might have been sapping CPU power ?

One small item, the interface would be better if the Off/On times were displayed the other way around, it just seems logical to turn the radio on and then off in any one day

Not a big point thought.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    One small item, the interface would be better if the Off/On times were displayed the other way around, it just seems logical to turn the radio on and then off in any one day

Not a big point though.

Chas
    When I originally designed the app my own needs were to turn the phone off in the morning when I went to work because the area where I worked had really poor cell coverage. So, I just turned it off in the morning and then on in the evening when I left.

Hope that explains my direction and reasoning.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    When I originally designed the app my own needs were to turn the phone off in the morning when I went to work because the area where I worked had really poor cell coverage. So, I just turned it off in the morning and then on in the evening when I left.

Hope that explains my direction and reasoning.
    Makes sense now

I don't seem to be able to turn off the option to play a warning sound when turning off, the check box unclicks but when I go back in it's ticked again ?

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    I have been working more dillegently on my update and have added some new features and not finished at least one.

So with that said, I will try and post the update this weekend.

My real job with Lockheed Martin is just cutting into my Treo time too much here lately.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Makes sense now

I don't seem to be able to turn off the option to play a warning sound when turning off, the check box unclicks but when I go back in it's ticked again ?

Chas
    Problem with the warning sound solved, I deleted and re-installed and now I do not get the ticked box, or the sound

I really like the option to delay the auto turn on after a reset. I've got so many extra apps loaded that after a soft reset the Treo can go into a keyboard lock out loop sometimes, but I've found that if the radio does not try and start straight away I do not get the problem.

Cheers,

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    There is another piece of functionality I'd like to have, that does relate to the GPRS off/on you mention earlier in the thread.

It would be nice to be able to turn GPRS off and on at set times, too (especially since the battery drain is so severe.) I use GoodLink software to synchronize with my Exchange server, and it would be very useful to just turn GPRS on at 8:00 and off at 5:00 pm. Just a thought! Likewise, the ability to schedule the daylight mode of my PDA would be nice, too.

For instance, Daylight mode should have a bright-screen with no back-lit keyboard. Night mode should have a dim screen with a backlit keyboard.

Just a couple thoughts. Thanks for the utility; I think its great!

-Joshua
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanber
    For instance, Daylight mode should have a bright-screen with no back-lit keyboard. Night mode should have a dim screen with a backlit keyboard.
    -Joshua
    mLights will turn the screen & KB up and down at different times of the day.

The other option is brightCam, this has a look through the camera lens every time you turn the Treo on and then adjusts the screen & Kb as you ask for above

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    Carl,

Glad to see you still active in the Palm OS development. I was always a fan of your KISS aplications back with my IIIxe (MyCheckbook until Pocket Quicken came out).

After a brief affair with PPC, and then no PDA, I'm back with a Treo and look forward to more of your work.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    I have been working more dillegently on my update and have added some new features and not finished at least one.

So with that said, I will try and post the update this weekend.

My real job with Lockheed Martin is just cutting into my Treo time too much here lately.
    It's Monday, the weekend is over?
    Quote Originally Posted by dshuman
    Give him a break

He only just released the new version of SoundOff v3.2

..... will come to those that wait
    Quote Originally Posted by dshuman
    Ah, "The Best laid plans of mice and men often go astray."

The weekend was too beautiful but I did some work on it and hope to finish it tonight.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast