Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I have a Sprint T650. I can install the program just fine. When tap to run it, I get the "can't find GSM library" message.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    I have a Sprint T650. I can install the program just fine. When tap to run it, I get the "can't find GSM library" message.

Thanks
    Well, what this means is that PalmOne, in their never ending display of manufacturing stupidity, has decided to once again change either the way the library is called or something else just as dumb.

As soon as I get my own 650 I will get it fixed.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quickster,
    Any chance that your app could help the wi-fi cause? Do think your program could temporarily deactivate the Treo radio, allowing for wi-fi connection? Are you following the wi-fi threads under treo 650 and 600 hardware?
    Looks like I failed the IQ test.
    Installed TreoOff/On on my 650. It failed to find the GSM library (my first hint). I used Uninstall to get rid of it, now the red phone button no longer works. ??
    Quickster, how do I change the auto off and on times?
    Quickster,

As I work on my 3rd Treo 600 I notice that battery life is shorter and shorter. As a large phone user I have always felt that the screen that remains on during calls is a contributor to this problem. I know that you are working on a program to have the screen turn off during a call. Do you expect to have it available for your next release of Treo off/on and when do you think that might be?

thanks for a great program.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but if the screen off during calls is such a big issue for you, why not use one of the 3 or 4 apps out there which can do this now. I know you have to pay for them, but it's not a great expense compared with your lost time changing Treo's every time the battery dies ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by SOFTA
    Quickster, how do I change the auto off and on times?
    You need to untick the box which turns on this option, you can then change the times

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    Based on the couple of T650 related messages above, is it safe to assume that this app is NOT recommended for the T650?
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    There are a couple of other things I need to add to TreoOffOn and I think I will have some free time this weekend so I will look into the task of adding a button for hour off.
    Any news on adding a button that will turn the treo radio off for an hour?

Thanks
    Quickster - yeah, PalmOne did change the library. I just updated my Radio Control to work on the 650. Once you get the new headers from PalmONE it's just a couple of lib names that were changed as well as the header files. It's actually pretty straightforward once you've installed the libraries and flipped through the API guide. I replaced a few names, recompiled, and was good to go - easier than I expected, to be honest.

BTW, they do have a 650 simulator available for download as well through pluggedin - if you get tired of 650 users bugging you like I did you could break down and test on that until you get yours. Me, I'm still using my 300 until I can rationalize the expense of upgrading to the (6|7|8)xx, and even then only if BT is done right and WiFi is a realistic, supported option.

The good news is that all of the Palm HW (Treo, Tunsten, zire) is supported in the one SDK now. Good news for other developers, at least, I couldn't care less about the Tungsten and Zire
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I just tryed it on my Treo 650 GSM and I love it.... Took some time to master the GUI but great features...
    Great work...
    Regards from Iceland
    CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari
    lappari,
    You should also try another app from Quickter. SoundOff.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try SoundOff by Quickster. It will give you a display, vibrate, whatever you want when you slide it to mute. (It's free, make a donation). Here's the link:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ead.php?t=49707
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Eaaagerly awaiting the release in which you can turn the screen off while on a call.

Thanks in advance,

RK
    Hi quickster. I have a request for an app.. I've seen your TreoOffOn app. for the Treo. I am looking for a simple app. that when you tap turns on the Treo's cell radio and when tapped again, turns off the Treo's cell radio. Is this possible? This would be great as then I could assign it to one of the other buttons using the buttons prefs. in Preferences. If it makes any difference, I have a Sprint Treo 650.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Oh I would also make a donation on your site if you do come up with an app. like this.
    Quicksters' last post on TC was back in August, you might get on better by sending him an email or visiting his website
    Thought of the day :
    My TreoOffOn is mapped to one of my hard buttons by using Palm Commander. So the 3rd push on one of my hard buttons gets me to the app & the field that is hightlighed is the Treo Off or Treo On field so one more push does it for me.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    From reading some other posts about TreoOffOn, it sounds like it doesn't work too well with the Treo 650.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456