Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. noc
    I saw in one of the posts on this thread, you made a comment about losing the GPRS connection (say, from passing into an area with a weak or no signal) and then when you come into an area with a strong signal, the phone doesn't re-acquire the GPRS signal. This seems to happen to me all the time. I've always thought there was something wrong with the phone. I usually have to turn the phone (radio) off and then back on to reacquire the GPRS signal. This even if I press an app that automatically then connects to GPRS, i.e. email or blazer. I just get a "cannot connect" error message of some type which only gets resolved by turning the radio off and then on. Are you saying that this is a problem for all Treo 600's and not something exclusive to mine? (and, that using your app will make it easier to reacquire?) Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by noc
    Are you saying that this is a problem for all Treo 600's and not something exclusive to mine? (and, that using your app will make it easier to reacquire?)
    Yes. At least mine does the same sh*t. Anyway I made some calculations and if you go to Blaster and just wait for couple of minutes the connection on GPRS is done. Since bringing the radio down and up takes about the same time I finnaly stop doing so and all I do when I want to connect using GPRS is asking Blazer to connect.
    Nokia 9110i -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600
    Quickster, forgive me if I am imposing... Have you been able to revise TreoOffOn to include the Connect/Disconnect toggle for GPRS that was previously discussed? Thanks very much.
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by JudBaird
    Quickster, forgive me if I am imposing... Have you been able to revise TreoOffOn to include the Connect/Disconnect toggle for GPRS that was previously discussed? Thanks very much.
    Sorry for the delay but with real work and hurricanes and this, that and the other I have been busy. However, I did get the GPRS connect/disconnect working and the update is here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quickster,

Any benefit to loading this up if we have Sprint (CDMA) or is this the only change you made?

Tks
    Works well on Oragne UK GSM

Chas
    Quickster - I can't thank you enough. I nominate you for the TreoCentral Hall of Fame.

Thank you!
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    Well done Quickster. Small touches make life so much easier. Have you given any further thought to adding the "screen off while on a call option" as has been mentioned in earlier in this post?

many thanks

Thunder204
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder204
    Well done Quickster. Small touches make life so much easier. Have you given any further thought to adding the "screen off while on a call option" as has been mentioned in earlier in this post?

many thanks

Thunder204
    I am working on this but have not finished it just yet. It works some of the time but that is not good enough for me so I know it is not good enough for you.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Quickster,

Any benefit to loading this up if we have Sprint (CDMA) or is this the only change you made?

Tks
    I am pretty sure, at least 99.99%, it does not work on the CDMA network and I am looking for a function that will work similarly.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quickster,

On your worst creative day, what you produce would make me look like a prehistoric relec. Keep up the excellent work. You have many fans!

BR

Thunder204
    Can you pls send link to version I would need on Sprint T600, please. I am havng trouble with the latest link I could find on this listing and Treo keeps turning off at random times during the day...messes me up big time whne I miss calls....thks
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    Can you pls send link to version I would need on Sprint T600, please. I am havng trouble with the latest link I could find on this listing and Treo keeps turning off at random times during the day...messes me up big time whne I miss calls....thks
    Well, being that I do not use Sprint, I have no particular version that is designed for Sprint. Especially since Sprint is CDMA and not GSM.

I am also not sure why TreoOffOn would be turning your phone off at random times during the day because you must manually select the phone off on function.

Perhaps a little more information from you would be helpful.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quickster - have you had any reports of Agendus popups (reminders from calendar) "stopping" the on/off function? In the AM, my T600 is set to turn on at 7AM. if there is a reminder that has popped up from Agendus prior to that, the phone only turns on after I have cleared/acknowledged the reminder....thoughts? NOTE: Keyguard function from Butler also happens to be on. THANKS for a great program.
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    Quickster - have you had any reports of Agendus popups (reminders from calendar) "stopping" the on/off function? In the AM, my T600 is set to turn on at 7AM. if there is a reminder that has popped up from Agendus prior to that, the phone only turns on after I have cleared/acknowledged the reminder....thoughts? NOTE: Keyguard function from Butler also happens to be on. THANKS for a great program.
    I have never had any problems from reminders and yours is the first I have had from a User regarding reminder blocking. I also do not use Agendus but will look into the issue and see if I can spot anything that might be problematic.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I'm desperate for software that will turn the radio off for an hour and then turn it back on:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64992

Any chance that TreoOffOn could be made to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Alfie
    I'm desperate for software that will turn the radio off for an hour and then turn it back on:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64992

Any chance that TreoOffOn could be made to do this?
    There are a couple of other things I need to add to TreoOffOn and I think I will have some free time this weekend so I will look into the task of adding a button for hour off.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    My reminder "issue" may have been tied into using Keyguard within Butler...have it turned off looking for similar issues or resolution of same.... no change in behavior yet...thks
    Charliec
    After I install the .prc I get a "can't locate GSM library" message.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    After I install the .prc I get a "can't locate GSM library" message.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    I would bet that you have a Sprint phone or some other non-GSM phone.

However, do you get that after you install it or when you try and run one of the functions on the main screen?
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast