Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    Couldn't you turn the sound off?
    In my reply to scrinch that was exactly what I was stating. I was only telling him about SoundOff becuase it is a reminder that the Treo sound is OFF.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I Can understand that priority. Hope that you were spared any damage. Once had a tornado pass 1/4 mile from my place. Couldn't believe the damage. Who is the tracking program for?
    Hey quickster, id love that tracking program as that I live in clearwater, the original "projected" target of Charley. Any details about the program? oh.. love treooffon.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    Hey quickster, id love that tracking program as that I live in clearwater, the original "projected" target of Charley. Any details about the program? oh.. love treooffon.
    It is getting pretty close to being ready for beta testing and will most likely be posted here on Treo Central.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder204
    I Can understand that priority. Hope that you were spared any damage. Once had a tornado pass 1/4 mile from my place. Couldn't believe the damage. Who is the tracking program for?
    The tracking program is just something I am doing from a suggestion by a friend. It will be available for all when I get finished. It has also got the attention of quite a few people in the insurance industry and others that are interested in hurricane tracking.

Eventually I will have it getting an RSS feed from NOAA so you can get real time updates on current storms.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I was hoping there would be a program that would turn my Treo's sound off and on at particular time intervals, just like TreoOffOn turns the radio off and on. I know that I could turn the sound off and on by hand (I could do that with the radio too) but the whole purpose of programmability is to free us up from having to remember to do these things. If there isn't such a SoundOffOn-type program, and that functionality can't be added to TreoOffOn (hint), then the SoundOff option looks like the next best thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrinch
    I was hoping there would be a program that would turn my Treo's sound off and on at particular time intervals, just like TreoOffOn turns the radio off and on. I know that I could turn the sound off and on by hand (I could do that with the radio too) but the whole purpose of programmability is to free us up from having to remember to do these things. If there isn't such a SoundOffOn-type program, and that functionality can't be added to TreoOffOn (hint), then the SoundOff option looks like the next best thing.
    I have been playing around, in my spare - spare time, with being able to schedule the sound being disabled. Will keep you posted of my progress.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Great! Let us know how it goes.
    The TreoOffOn program is great. I just install the 2.8 with the Disconnect GPRS. I love that... but there is anyway to have the Connect GPRS? I mean when the Treo600 goes out of coverage when it come back the black triangle near the antenna icon doesn't come up which means no GPRS... if you place an GRPS session in that moment takes time since (I think) tries to negotiate the GRPS again. So Connect GPRS could be nice.

Anyway the program is terrific. One way I improve the usage of the program is placing a Favorite (quick dialing? don't know I'm translating the feature from spanish) button pointing the application and assigning a letter to that quick dialing button like the "1" is assigned to voice-mail... so I assigned "Q" to TreoOffOn so when I'm in the phone application I can press "Q" for a while and I can use the application very quickly. I recommend everyone doing this since makes the application more (if possible) useful.

Thank you,
    Javier
    Nokia 9110i -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600
    Previously on TreoCentral.Com...

Quote Originally Posted by JudBaird
    Quickster,

Thank you for creating a terrific utility. It is my number one "must have" on my Treo.

Anyway, on to my suggestion:

Is it possible to create a toggle button for the GPRS sessions, i.e., to turn the "Disconnect GPRS sessions" button into a "Disconnect/Reconnect GPRS" button?

Again, thanks for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    Yes, the Disconnect GPRS button can be changed to a toggle type function for Disconnect or Connect.
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    Just downloaded the utility and it seems great!!

One question: Can I have it turn the phone on after a soft reset that i did not plan?

Thanks,

Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by nyy7
    Just downloaded the utility and it seems great!!

One question: Can I have it turn the phone on after a soft reset that i did not plan?

Thanks,

Bruce
    On the preferences page, from the menu, there is an option to do just that.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    If the box is checked, it turns the radio on after any soft reset...planned or not.
    Thanks,
    Sorry, Carl, I never found the preferences selection. I guess I was pressing menu on page 2 and 3 and never on page 1!

Bruce
    Sorry to trouble you guys but now that i figured out how to always turn phone on after a soft reset.. I tried it and it does turn phone on..but to a blank screen> What am I doing wrong?

Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by nyy7
    Sorry to trouble you guys but now that i figured out how to always turn phone on after a soft reset.. I tried it and it does turn phone on..but to a blank screen> What am I doing wrong?

Bruce
    Well, a blank screen after a soft reset is a new one to me.

If you do a normal soft reset, using a paper clip in the back hole, what do you see or what happens?
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I love the older version which allow me push one button to go back Launcher...
    Quote Originally Posted by LUC_SHAO
    I love the older version which allow me push one button to go back Launcher...
    As good or maybe even better is the fact that you can hit the 'Enter/Return' key and exit the application back to your launcher. Try it, you'll like it!
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I mean 'screen button'... coz I use MacroPlay to control Treo off/on, it can only running via screen touching on Treo 600.....no hard button.
    Last edited by LUC_SHAO; 09/16/2004 at 08:18 PM.
    Hey Quickster,

Are you out of the woods yet in regards to those nasty storms that have devistated the state? How is the tracker program development proceeding?

I was wondering if you will have a chance to get back to offon and add that "turn screen off while on phone option"?

for me, it the one option that is missing and the one that seems to drain the battery the most when I use the phone which seems to be more and more theses days.

Keep up the great work.

BR
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast