Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dshuman
    For those of us on Sprint or Verizon, could that same button be used to connect/disconnect data connections also? I noticed that your code is detecting if the Treo is a CDMA or GSM Treo, and disallowing the use of the GPRS button if the phone is a CDMA phone. Since your code has a way of knowing which kind of data network is being used, is it also possible to handle the connect/disconnect for either type?
    I will look into that. I do not have a CDMA phone and am not sure how the disconect of that service works but will see what I can learn abou it.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I am not sure as to this new request or feature people are asking for .... whats the purpose? When I use TreoOffOn and "turn" the phone off ... it disconnects me from the service but the device still remains on ... whats the difference in turning off the phone (i.e. disconnecting from Sprint) and disconnecting from CDMA ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by treogables
    I am not sure as to this new request or feature people are asking for .... whats the purpose? When I use TreoOffOn and "turn" the phone off ... it disconnects me from the service but the device still remains on ... whats the difference in turning off the phone (i.e. disconnecting from Sprint) and disconnecting from CDMA ?????
    The easiest way to explain the difference is that when I turn the phone off I am removing power to the phone module and therefore I no longer have any communications, phone, eMail, Internet or SMS. Whereas disconnecting a session simply stops your always on Internet service if you will. Meaning that your phone still works but you cannot check your eMail or browse the Internet if you do not have a connection. On GSM phones that use GPRS, and I zbelieve it is the same for the CDMA service, you can be connected all the time. However, because we do not live in a perfect world, things happen and quite often the connection gets corrupted. So, you can disconnect and then reconnect again to establish a fresh connection.

Hope that helps and makes sense.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Is it possible to incorporate switching off the Auto Correct feature of the Treo 600, or has that been done already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proboscis
    Is it possible to incorporate switching off the Auto Correct feature of the Treo 600, or has that been done already?
    You are going to have to help me out just a little bit more here and explain what the AutoCorrect feature is as I am not familiar with that term in the Treo. Of course, when you explain it, I might just slap my forehead and say, "I knew that."
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    You are going to have to help me out just a little bit more here and explain what the AutoCorrect feature is as I am not familiar with that term in the Treo. Of course, when you explain it, I might just slap my forehead and say, "I knew that."
    Quickster, I think he is referring to the predictive text input in Treo 600 - changing "i" (small) to "I" (capital), expanding "wel" into "we'll", etc.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
    hey quickster...u gonna come back home & party bonnie & charlie style with us ir stay put & play it safe. god forbid I lose power & can't charge treo...better hotsynch before hell breaks loose!
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    Quickster, I think he is referring to the predictive text input in Treo 600 - changing "i" (small) to "I" (capital), expanding "wel" into "we'll", etc.
    Correct!
    I see you are in Orlando ... I do hope you weren't affected by Charley?! I have a cousin who lives in Maitland and his house was quite damaged and he has had to go live someplace else ... says things are a mess down there.

Hope you are ok..
    Hey Quickster,

I love version 2.8, however I feel that the AutoOff feature should be optional. I would prefer it if there were a check box that allowed you to enable/disable that feature.

Also what is the "Turn screen off: n second(s)" feature on page 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Hey Quickster,

I love version 2.8, however I feel that the AutoOff feature should be optional. I would prefer it if there were a check box that allowed you to enable/disable that feature.

skillllllz, I asked that same question about the screen, look back for post #33. The answer is in post #34, but I must admit I still do not understand it, so I just ignore that feature.

As far a the AutoOff feature is concerned, did you want it to turn the Treo On, and then let you turn it off when you choose ? If so why not just set the Off time to 1 minute before the next On time, then you have full control
    Or did you want to disable Off/On times altogether ?, if so then there is the check box against each day which will do that.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Hey Quickster,

I am presuming you are writing about the Set AutoOff time from the menu choices. If you do nothing with this option it does absolutely nothing. It is only there if you want to extend the Palm AutoOff time, the time the screen remains on before going off, beyond the de-facto standrd choices available from the Palm preferences.

The "Turn screen off: n second(s)" feature is there for when I finish my functionality to turn the screen off after answering a call.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Hey Quickster,

Forgot to mention that if you mess with the AutoOff you can reset it to the default two minutes by simply tapping that button.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    skillllllz, I asked that same question about the screen, look back for post #33. The answer is in post #34, but I must admit I still do not understand it, so I just ignore that feature.

As far a the AutoOff feature is concerned, did you want it to turn the Treo On, and then let you turn it off when you choose ? If so why not just set the Off time to 1 minute before the next On time, then you have full control
    Or did you want to disable Off/On times altogether ?, if so then there is the check box against each day which will do that.

Chas
    Thanks for the reply, but I had already read post #34 and it only explains the "Set AutoOff" feature found on Page 3 of the application. The clarification I wanted was on the "Turn screen off" feature found on Page 2.

To further clarify my previous post, the "AutoOff" feature I was refering to was the "Set AutoOff" feature found on Page 3, not the "Phone Off/On Times" found on page 1. Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    I am presuming you are writing about the Set AutoOff time from the menu choices. If you do nothing with this option it does absolutely nothing. It is only there if you want to extend the Palm AutoOff time, the time the screen remains on before going off, beyond the de-facto standrd choices available from the Palm preferences.

The "Turn screen off: n second(s)" feature is there for when I finish my functionality to turn the screen off after answering a call.
    Excellent work! Quick, did I ever tell you how much I love you??

I'm a happy camper!

To further clarify my previous post, the "AutoOff" feature I was refering to was the "Set AutoOff" feature found on Page 3, not the "Phone Off/On Times" found on page 1. Thank You
    Cheers, I got the wrong end of the stick. Still love the program though
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Here's a dumb question: how can I let TreoOffOn do it job silently...so that I don't hear the "network connect" and "network disconnect" system sounds? I'm using this to turn off the phone at night so that my light-sleeper wife doesn't get awakened by a wrong number call. But the network connect and disconnect sounds get me into water that is just as hot!
    Quickster,

Have you had time to consider the option for turing off the screen during a call? While I know that it is available in other software, I am hooked on Treooffon and would be thrilled if this function was a part of it.

Great program.

Thunder204
    Quote Originally Posted by scrinch
    Here's a dumb question: how can I let TreoOffOn do it job silently...so that I don't hear the "network connect" and "network disconnect" system sounds? I'm using this to turn off the phone at night so that my light-sleeper wife doesn't get awakened by a wrong number call. But the network connect and disconnect sounds get me into water that is just as hot!
    Okay, here's what you do. Download one of my other apps called SoundOff and enable it and when you bed down for the night switch the ringer switch to the mute position. Now then, when the Treo radio turns off our on you will not be disturbed. The reason for using my SoundOff is that you can set it up so that when you turn your Treo on in the morning, or whenever, you will see a small splash that says, hey, your sound is muted.

Pretty simple, huh?

Let me know how it works out for you, and your wife.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder204
    Quickster,

Have you had time to consider the option for turing off the screen during a call? While I know that it is available in other software, I am hooked on Treooffon and would be thrilled if this function was a part of it.

Great program.

Thunder204
    I think I am about to get a handle on that part and will get it finished real soon now. Right in the middle of writing a hurricane tracking application which is very applicable since I live in Orlando where our last visitor was good 'ol Charley.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by scrinch
    Couldn't you turn the sound off?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast