Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 118
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Carl,

    Glad to see you still active in the Palm OS development. I was always a fan of your KISS aplications back with my IIIxe (MyCheckbook until Pocket Quicken came out).

    After a brief affair with PPC, and then no PDA, I'm back with a Treo and look forward to more of your work.

    Paul
    Have you looked at the newest version of MyCheckbook at my web site?

    www.thequickster.com
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  2. #22  
    Well, to be honest, I don't even keep a checkbook around anymore (wife does), but most of my banking comes from the ATM machine and the AMEX card. Now, with online banking, I just review the transactions daily and handle it from there.

    I'm not really going to be using any financial program on the Treo, however I do appreciate the recommendation.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    Ah, "The Best laid plans of mice and men often go astray."

    The weekend was too beautiful but I did some work on it and hope to finish it tonight.
    I did not mean to be harsh on you, as ChasT suggested, I am just impatient.
    Thanks for the update, and I'll keep on looking.
  4. #24  
    Okay, I know there are things I was going to add, but either forgot about them or my MBS took over, and will get around to doing just that as I get more feedback.

    So, with that said here is version 2.8.

    Added a new function on the main screen that allows you to disconnect any active GPRS sessions. This has been a great feature for me during beta test the new version. And really sorry but it only works on GSM type phones.

    TreoOffOn now detects the phone power status before changing it. That is, if your phone is scheduled to be turned off and you turned it off manually, TreoOffOn just skips over turning it off again. And vice versa for turning it on if it was already on. Not really sure why it was happening but it is fixed or at least changed.

    Added a device Soft Reset button on the main screen.

    Added another page that allows you to set the Auto-Off time to what ever your heart desires, of course, this is within the limits of the Treo anyway.

    I have not spent enough time on the code to turn the screen off after so many minutes during a call but will get that into the next release, I hope.

    Added a function that allows you turn off the blinkety-blink blinking green LED.

    Fixed the sound reminder function on the Set OffOn times screen.

    Enjoy and please don't hesitate to provide me with feedback as I know you will. And I promise to make notes of all the different requests next time.

    I am not sure if most of you are aware of this little feature mut on most all of my apps you can always exit the application by pressing the 'Return' key.

    MBS = Multiple Birthday Syndrome
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by quickster; 08/09/2004 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  5. #25  
    Hey Quickster... Im in clearwater... and all it did here for last week is rain... and i have a buddy who went to orlando last weekend and got soaked.... So if it was such a beautiful weekend.. you OBVIOUSLY WERENT HOME!!! LOL
  6. #26  
    Quickster,

    This application has been well worth the wait. Well done.

    Can't seem to figure out the on off times function. When I check the enable offon box I can't access the setup phone off/on times. When I uncheck the box I can. Is this correct? Are they unrelated options?
    Also I have set my screen to turn off at various preset times but it doesn't seem to work. Could it be in conflict with screen off times set up in preferences or another application?

    Looking forward to having an option to turn off screen during a call.

    Thanks for your efforts.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    Hey Quickster... Im in clearwater... and all it did here for last week is rain... and i have a buddy who went to orlando last weekend and got soaked.... So if it was such a beautiful weekend.. you OBVIOUSLY WERENT HOME!!! LOL
    Actually, my home is in Orlando, been there for nearly 30 years, but right now I am on TDY in Virginia working on the new Customs modernization program and here in VA, the weather was truly beautiful. Very unusual.

    Going back to Orlando for a week of R&R next week or the one after that.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder204
    Quickster,

    This application has been well worth the wait. Well done.

    Can't seem to figure out the on off times function. When I check the enable offon box I can't access the setup phone off/on times. When I uncheck the box I can. Is this correct? Are they unrelated options?
    Also I have set my screen to turn off at various preset times but it doesn't seem to work. Could it be in conflict with screen off times set up in preferences or another application?

    Looking forward to having an option to turn off screen during a call.

    Thanks for your efforts.
    You are correct in that you cannot change the off and on times when you have checked the box. Age old design philosophy of never changing anything that is presently enabled.

    There might be some confusion but there is no option to turn the screen off and on at certain times. At least, not right now. The option to change the screen auto-off time is just something I have found useful when you need the screen to stay on for more than three minutes.

    Hope this answers your questions.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  9. #29  
    yes it does. many thanks.

    Is the turn screen off during a call function a difficult one to program?
  10. #30  
    Love the Program and have recommended and/or installed on various friends' Treos.

    Suggestion: Is there a way that you can set it so that the screen brightness stays at a certain level? I like the fact that you can change it using the program very quickly, but then every time the keyguard takes effect (30sec. of inactivity) it returns to the same brightness.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder204
    yes it does. many thanks.

    Is the turn screen off during a call function a difficult one to program?
    From what I have gleaned thus far, the screen off function, while engaged in a call, is somewhat controlled by not having a car kit installed. In other words, when you do have a car kit installed the screen can and will shut off after a certain time because no one wants that bright screen on at night. At least I think that is the reasoning behind it. Which is quite logical but the way Handspring, in their infinite and childish wisdom chose to control the screen brightness when there is no car kit appears sort of dumb and stupid to me but that is just my humble opinion. Truthfully, I think Handspring cobbled and crippled lots of things in their development of the Treo 600.

    So, what has to happen is you have to fool the Treo into thinking there is a car kit installed and then you can turn the screen off.

    Now all this could be wrong and if so, I am sure I will catch my fair share of criticism from others but that is okay. I am old enough and wizened so that it does not bother me anymore.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by treogables
    Love the Program and have recommended and/or installed on various friends' Treos.

    Suggestion: Is there a way that you can set it so that the screen brightness stays at a certain level? I like the fact that you can change it using the program very quickly, but then every time the keyguard takes effect (30sec. of inactivity) it returns to the same brightness.
    I think there is a way to control the brightness of the screen in a more sophisticated, user friendly and better controlled way and will look into that.

    I also have never used Keyguard that much and forgot how dominating and controlling it can be when it comes to your Treo.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  13. #33  
    Quickster

    It would be useful if it was possible to copy the first off/on time in the list to all the other days.

    Currently when I upgrade I then have to reset every day from what you set as the default. In my case that means having to reverse every day from the default.

    I like the new options. I have read the comments above, but I am still a bit confused about the option to set auto off, and the option to set screen off, surely they are the same thing ?

    Keep up the good work.

    Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Quickster
    I have read the comments above, but I am still a bit confused about the option to set auto off, and the option to set screen off, surely they are the same thing ?

    Keep up the good work.

    Chas
    The Set AutoOff function has to do with changing the time your screen will stay on before automatically turning off. As an example, when I am using MyCheckbook and reconciling my account or something else, I do not want the screen to turn off in 2 minutes so I change the auto-off time to, say, maye an hour. So, changing the auto-off is only appliable for extending the time the screen will stay on.

    Hope that clears up the Set AutoOff time feature.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Quickster

    It would be useful if it was possible to copy the first off/on time in the list to all the other days.

    Currently when I upgrade I then have to reset every day from what you set as the default. In my case that means having to reverse every day from the default.

    Keep up the good work.

    Chas
    Chas,

    Good point about being able to duplicate/copy times. I will check into adding that functionality.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  16. #36  
    Quickster,
    Great program as always and thanks for adding the Phone Reset option.

    Two suggestions.
    Allow using the 5 -nay nav button to go up far enough to select the pages or is there another way to move between pages without the stylus or tapping. I use the Daylight/Night Modes a lot and it's on page 2.

    If the Setup Phone Off/On Times button is a one time situation, maybe that can be moved to another page and the Daylight/Night Modes moved to page 1. (I realize that this is my personal preference since I don't use the Setup Phone Off/On Times button.)
    Regardless, I'm a happy camper the way it is.
    Tks again
  17. #37  
    Quickster,

    Thank you for creating a terrific utility. It is my number one "must have" on my Treo.

    Anyway, on to my suggestion:

    Is it possible to create a toggle button for the GPRS sessions, i.e., to turn the "Disconnect GPRS sessions" button into a "Disconnect/Reconnect GPRS" button?

    Again, thanks for all.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by JudBaird
    Quickster,

    Thank you for creating a terrific utility. It is my number one "must have" on my Treo.

    Anyway, on to my suggestion:

    Is it possible to create a toggle button for the GPRS sessions, i.e., to turn the "Disconnect GPRS sessions" button into a "Disconnect/Reconnect GPRS" button?

    Again, thanks for all.
    Yes, the Disconnect GPRS button can be changed to a toggle type function for Disconnect or Connect.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    Yes, the Disconnect GPRS button can be changed to a toggle type function for Disconnect or Connect.
    For those of us on Sprint or Verizon, could that same button be used to connect/disconnect data connections also? I noticed that your code is detecting if the Treo is a CDMA or GSM Treo, and disallowing the use of the GPRS button if the phone is a CDMA phone. Since your code has a way of knowing which kind of data network is being used, is it also possible to handle the connect/disconnect for either type?
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    Yes, the Disconnect GPRS button can be changed to a toggle type function for Disconnect or Connect.
    I look forward to it. Thanks!
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions