1.    #1  
    anyone know the reason? sprint has nearly every other type of smartphone available on their service except the blackberry. why wont they offer it?
    hold onto your skirt, it should be available soon. :-)

Q3-2004 from what I have read.

Slightly OT, but shouldnt this post be in the Sprint forum as opposed to the T600 hardware forum?
  3.    #3  
    interesting! and if this belongs in the sprint forum, well then thats fine.
    Found where I read it:

SprintPCSInfo.com
    My contacts at Sprint tell me that it will be end of the year before the Blackberry is announced. And even then it will be somewhat limited in terms of connectivity. I can't recall exactly, but I think he said it will work with BES, but not with Vision upon initial shipment...he did say, "This probably isn't the device for you..."

I'd much rather see Blackberry come to the Treo...
    Becasue the Treo smokes it in every way except for Pushmail? But they are smart to bring it on board, since there are the die hard BB lovers, just like the die hard treo ones. Is there a color BB yet? ALso, do you still have to use the ear bud to use the phone?
    Good question, I was a little suprised to never see it offered either.Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Becasue the Treo smokes it in every way except for Pushmail? But they are smart to bring it on board, since there are the die hard BB lovers, just like the die hard treo ones. Is there a color BB yet? ALso, do you still have to use the ear bud to use the phone?
    Good question, I was a little suprised to never see it offered either.Matt
    As an owner of both i have to say that your statement isn't true.

In battery life, keyboard, durability and reliability the Blackberry is far superior to my Treo.

And yes, there has been a color Blackberry for well over a year now. And you haven't needed an earbud to make a phone call for almost 2 years.

A few things the Blackberry lacks when not using a BES environment is an IM client (though even the Treo doesn't really have a very good one) and a decent browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo
    As an owner of both i have to say that your statement isn't true.
    That is why I put a "?" after it. i don't own both, and have only seen the old B/W, ear bud only ones. Perhaps that is another reason, now that they are color and can be used like a real phone, is why Sprint is going to pick them up?

Durability and reliability are relative IMHO.

Is the battery life better on the color one too? What's the res on the color screen? how is their browser compaired to Blazer? Better, same, less or different?
    TIA, Matt