Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Am I missing something? I just purchased Seidio's FM transmitter and the "Slimeline Mount Kit" for the Treo 600. (http://www.seidioonline.com/PhotoGal...e=SFTF1HSTR600) The FM unit works (and looks) great. But the "cradle" that is supposed to grip the sides of the Treo do not come close enough together. I have fiddled with the button on the side, but all it does is release the clamps. Has anyone else experienced this issue... am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

dudemasicus
    Hi, For Treo 600, it requires extra pads so Treo 600 can be hold securely. we will send you the extra pads shortly. Sorry about this.

David Chang
    Seidio
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi, For Treo 600, it requires extra pads so Treo 600 can be hold securely. we will send you the extra pads shortly. Sorry about this.

David Chang
    Seidio
    David,

Do you now who to send it to? I mean, I have tried calling - left message - but I cannot get a call-back. There are other issues that need to be resolved. Since you prefer to respond in a public forum, I guess I have to do the same:

1) The basic kit that I ordered did not come with car power adapter. I also ordered the optional power cradle which works, but I was counting on getting all the pieces to the basic kit as well, and since I received no discount off the basic kit for ordering the extra cradle, I feel I should get all the pieces. (see photo1)

2) The transmitter does not function properly when attached to a charging Treo (defective?) - I finally got it to work after, on the advice of another TC'er, I purchased a "ground loop isolator" from Radio Shack for about $30. It's huge, and makes the whole undertaking pointless. How come that was not mentioned in the ad, or the manual?

3) My retractable audio cable has a soccer ball on it - ???? (see photo2) The ad on your website shows your logo, but mine has a soccer ball... I hate soccer. How about a basketball, or your logo, or nothing at all??? It's like you guys ran out and footed it over to the mall to get spare pieces.

4) Which brings me to the mounting cradle for the Treo: Okay, I can sort of understand the need for extra pads, although that seems cheesy and would have effected my buying decision. But what's up with the crappy 2-page-to-1-page photocopy that you supplied for a "manual"? It does not explain anything (and it does NOT mention the need for pads). Looking at your web site today, I notice that the link for the mounting kit: http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...D-SMSU1HSTR600 says that the product is no longer available.

This leaves me to believe that you filled my order with random parts you had left over, photocopied some employees manual, and ran to the mall for the rest.... NOT what I was expecting....

As a customer I am very disappointed. As a former customer service and product manager, I can only describe this experience thus far as "unprofessional."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The retractable charge/sync cable I bought off eBay came with a soccer ball on it - I simply peeled it off...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dune
    The retractable charge/sync cable I bought off eBay came with a soccer ball on it - I simply peeled it off...
    I have tried to peel it off but it is very firmly attached... seems to be more of a thick piece of plastic (perhaps part of the assembly itself) than a sticker.
  6.    #6  
    And so the saga continues...

I finally got someone at Seidio to talk to me. No one there has any knowledge of my missing pieces, nor do they have any knowledge of David's promise to ship "pads." David is on vacation.

I am told that the pads and the power cable for the FM transmitter are on backorder. When I asked the ETA they would not tell me. They say that the only person that can answer that question is the one purchasing agent and he is on vacation as well.

So... they have my money... I have no usable FM transmitter, and no usable car mount, and no idea when I can expect anything.

I have been promised a call back today... I'll post the results of that phone call.
    Hi Russell,

Thank you for shopping at Seidio.com. We are expecting to receive the extra paddings and the USB car charger by the end of next week. You should able to receive the products very soon. We will send you a notification for any updates.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Seidio, inc.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxm33
    Hi Russell,

Thank you for shopping at Seidio.com. We are expecting to receive the extra paddings and the USB car charger by the end of next week. You should able to receive the products very soon. We will send you a notification for any updates.

Seidio, inc.
    I appreciate the update, althought I would have preferred the telephone call as promised. Time is relative; if you don't get the missing items until the end of next week, then there is no way that I will receive the products "very soon." And all told, it will have taken over three weeks...

Also, if you are going to use this forum to reply to my telephone calls rather than call me back as you promised, please respond to the other issues I have listed earlier in this thread.

I have to tell you, I went in search of "pads" today and my first stop was my local Radio Shack. Much to my surprise, I found on their shelf my "Slimline Mount Kit for Treo 600" in a package label "Universal Car Mount Kit" with a price of $9.99. I asked the clerk if there was any way to make it fit my Treo, and he had no solution. But he did have a vent-mount kit that fits my Treo like a glove... $19.95... Interestingly enough, he also had retractable cables with soccer balls.... I wondering why my order was shipped to me in no more packaging than a Zip-Loc baggie.

I have to say, it's looking more and more like someone over there at Seidio ran over to the mall and bought all of the generic items to create my "Slimline Mount Kit for Treo 600" which, BTW, DOES NOT fit my Treo 600.

I suppose it's my fault - your web site does not indicate that you are NOT reselling Radio Shack items. And I could have shopped around more. And of course there is always the possiblity that it's not true at all. But your refusal to talk to me, answer my questions, or provide any reasonable customer service make me beleive the worst.

I look forward to receiving the pads, and the A/C adapter for my transmitter. And I hope that it all works. Because, as you indicated on the telephone when I called, by the time I receive all of these items and have the ability to test them out, I will be beyond my 14 day return period and will not be able to send them back if I don't like them or they don't work. - thanks.
    Hi Russell,

We are sorry that we could not reach you on the phone last week. Last Friday, we had sent you an email for the update on the backorders. In additional, we posted a message on this message board to keep the reader update the status. Once again, we are sorry that we did not contact you by phone.

For another update for the backorders, the pads and the USB car charger are on the way coming to our warehouse. We are expecting them any time. As soon as we receive it, we will send them out to you immediately.

The slimline universal mount is Seidio made product. We are not reselling this item from Radio Shack or any other manufacturer. All our products have 1 year warranty on manufacture defection. If there is any problem with any of our products within the 1 year warranty period, you can always contact us for repair or exchange.

For the ground loop isolator, we are sorry that you will need an ground loop isolator to use the FM transmitter in your vehicle. It is not necessary for all vehicles to use with the FM transmitter. Also, you may want to check on the following link showing the Radio Shack is selling the ground loop isolator is selling for $15.99. Please check with the Radio Shack for the correct pricing.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=270-054

For the soccer ball, we are sorry to have this soccer ball on the retractable cable. We did not think this soccer ball will be a big issue when our supplier sent us the cable. We will go ahead and make changes on this soccer ball sticker.

Again, we apologize for all the inconvenience. We will keep you update on the backorder.

Thank you for shopping at seidio.com

Seidio, inc.
  10.    #10  
    I am not sure why you insist on using this forum to discuss our issues, but if that's what you want...

First off, I have received NO phone calls nor voicemails from you or any Seidio representative. I did receive one email, and for that I am grateful.

I am also thankful for the update on the "backorders" although I still take exception to the fact that you shipped an incomplete order and did not even backorder the remaining items until I repeatedly called and complained.

You claim that the Siedio slimline mount is your own manufactured product, but I have to say that he evidence suggests otherwise. If that were the case, I would expect your "Treo 600" mount to fit the Treo 600 and not require additional pads to be glued on... pads that by your own statements you purchase from distribution. I would also expect the mount to arrive in something more professional than a zip-loc bag, and I would expect the "manual" to be more than the photocopy I received and to have the name "Seidio" printed somewhere on it.

As far as the ground loop isolator is concerned, if you were actually reading my messages you understand that I have already purchased one... the exact one that you show in your link. The isolator itself is $15.99. But you also have to have an RCA adapter and a coupler. This brought the total to around $28.00. According to Palmone, a device such as this would be required in any vehicle.

Regarding the soccer ball, it is unbeleivable to me that your company would not only ship me something other than was advertised on your web site, but that you would send me something so unprofessional as this device. It is not merely a sticker that can be removed. And apparently I am not the only one complaining as I have read numerous messages in another tread indicating that others are as baffled as I am as to why you would ship this item as a replacement for what you advertise (replace the picture on your web site with this one and see what that does to your sales).

I have tried to call and return these items, but without the A/C adapter (which I am still waiting on) I cannot. But I won't receive that until after the 14 days is expired, which Siedio indicated cannot be extended. So, you got me.

Worst case: your running a scam.
    Best case: you are unwilling to take care of your customers by delivering that which they ordered and paid for.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemasicus
    I am not sure why you insist on using this forum to discuss our issues, but if that's what you want...
    I don't either but I'm enjoying the "show". It's great to see firsthand the way that Seidio is doing business. I think I'll buy my car mount somewhere else.
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
    It's been enlightening to me as well. I've been conisdering purchasing one of the 2 in 1 retractable headsets, or the version where you supply your own headset but I must admit I'm afraid of this company.
    This is good stuff, but in their defense--the 2in1 headset is way a way kool in my life. Good luck and hey...at least they are responding in some manner--so many outfits just cash the check..

john
  14.    #14  
    Hey... I like mine too. The sound is not quite as good as I would like, but it is very handy and well put together. It is the design of the 2-in-1 that made me feel good about ordering the rest of the items I have purchased from Seidio recently.
    I think if I could get the time to figure out how to design my own I would. If anyone else is up to the task and did it at a reasonable price at good quality I think they'd get some orders. I would probably be the first.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxm33
    Hi Russell,

Seidio, inc.
    So, "the end of the week" has come and gone.

No Pads + No Power Adapter + No Communication + No Refund = No Joy

Once again the shifty folks at Seidio have failed to follow through on anything they said they would do. I called again to see about retuning the stuff that I have received, but I am officially outside of their 14 day return windows so that request was denied - regardless of the fact that I have not received the whole order, nor enough of it to even put any of it to use in my car.
    It sounds like all the people that can make decisions at Seidio are on vacation and you have a supervisor trying to manage or something like that. I had the impression they were larger than a small company, given the items they sell.

I am sure, once someone from Seidio gets back from vacation that knows what's going on, they will promptly rectify this or refund you, regardless of the 14 day limit being passed...

Else you can always chargeback the payment, but I doubt, given their reputation and the amount of business they get from this site's posts abou them, that it will lead to that...

-WC-

PS: Good luck and keep us posted!
  18.    #18  
    I appreciate what you are saying, but I find it hard to believe that the entire company has been on vacation for three weeks now. And if they are, we are talking about accessories for cell phones… does no one on vacation own one?

And let’s be clear: I tried to cancel the order and return the items while still within their 14 day period. But since I am missing the power adapter I could not. I explained to the “manager” that was put on the phone that I would not have all of the pieces (because they backordered them) until after the period had expired, and all he could say was “I’m sorry.”
    Any new news on this?

-WC-
  20.    #20  
    Still have not recevied the rest of my order, nor have I received any communication from Seidio whatsoever.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast