1.    #1  
    OK folks,

Anybody care to pontificate on whether PalmOne will have learned any lessons (regarding build quality) from the Treo 600 launch?

I went through (count em...) FOUR Treo 6oos till I got one that works properly, and I think only then because I was on the "Multiple Returns" list at Palm One corporate customer relations.

I really want a Treo ACE with Hi Res screen, but my experience with the 600 makes me think I should wait until about 9 months after the launch to purchase it. This will kill me as I am an early adopter by nature

Hopefully someone with industry knowledge can contribute to this thread...
    Come on, there's not even a known release date... Don't you have anything better than speculating about the build quality of a not-yet-built device?

That being said, I'm still using my first Treo 600 bought second hand last december, so I'd be happy enough if the Ace is as sturdy as the 600! Let's just hope they have improved it for everyone's sake...
    we could just as easily speculate about the next space shuttle and it would make for about as ridiculous a conversation. How about we wait until they actually release something.

But since the topic exists, I'll go ahead and give my opinion. Treo Ace build quality will very likely be better because of what they have learned from the 600. Or it will be the same, or maybe even worse. How's that for noncommittal?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    It will probably be just fine. I don't think Palm learned much, but the Handspring (now at Palm) have. My FIRST (Count them, one) has worked fine from day one (Oct 10 2003), of course now I have cursed it .....LOL
    Don't worry about something that may or may not happen. You can think all you want, then be amazed at what you find and think, WOW that was not what I thought.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    we could just as easily speculate about the next space shuttle and it would make for about as ridiculous a conversation. How about we wait until they actually release something.
    Wow... I can't believe the negative response to this question. I am not the first person to start a thread about what is likely to happen WRT Treo in the future, and I won't be the last. TREO CENTRAL is full of such speculation... there are countless threads discussing whether the next gen Treo will have this or that feature...are all of those threads ridiculous too?

Oh, and Euroclie, take a pill. If you don't want to contribute, then don't.
    I agree, tdot needs to take his pill. I also will die if I have to wait to buy the Ace when it comes out, but considering I too have had too rant and rave through 4 treos, I too am hesitant about being an early adopter! I even have a close freind at palm that gave his "free" treo to go back to the T3 because they "are just problems". Don't get me wrong, if I didn't love my treo, I would be PPC user by now, but it sure has been a love-hate relationship! I hope P1 gets it right the 1st time instead of the 5th with the Ace.
    The answer to the question:

Hopefully, but we'll have to wait to see.

In addition:

WTF is up with all of these threads lately? For the sake of my sanity, we need another leak or something...
    Great thread!

While wer're at it, I'd like to know if everyone thinks palmOne would have learned the lesson and made SD card protrude 0.05 mm less than the 600. Could anyone in the know please tell me?!

Thanks!!