1.    #1  
    if apple can pack 12 hours of usage into this new battery, what kind of battery are they using? and is it possible to integrate a similar battery into the treo ace? how awesome would it be to have 10 - 12 hrs of treo usage on one charge?!
    I ran Pocket Tunes through a headphone for 1.5 hours and used up 11% of my battery charge (with wireless mode turned off and minimal screen usage). The Phone/Internet functions seem to use up a heck of a lot more battery than "just" playing music... So maybe the T600 alread has as cool a battery as the new ipod...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I wish that was the case My iRiver MP3 player gets 12-16 hours, but it's only because it doesn't stream from the hard drive constantly. It loads songs into flash memory before each playback. In other words, probably not a miracle battery here, just a better way of using existing battery technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    if apple can pack 12 hours of usage into this new battery, what kind of battery are they using? and is it possible to integrate a similar battery into the treo ace? how awesome would it be to have 10 - 12 hrs of treo usage on one charge?!
    Give me the battery on my OLD 5gb iPod anytime. I once left it running out of curiosity and it ran for almost 40hrs straight. Very impressive and this was 2 years ago!
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    The new iPods only have a small BW lcd...no color screens, wireless radios, camera, or static ram etc. Put all that into an iPod and it won't have 12 hr of battery life...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    good point , gfunk