1.    #1  
    Lately, for me, the Treo seems to replace a laptop. It does basic word processing (with Docs To Go using native WORD format, and a portable keyboard), and gets my email. I don't need much else away from home.

One thing I'm really envious of though is Wi-fi. WI-fi is definitely coming to PDAs.

Any news on when wi-fi will hit Treo?
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Sorry to be a jerk, but a short search of this site should reveal at least a couple threads on this topic.
  3.    #3  
    Well, since you put it that way---I did a search of wi-fi and wifi in this particular forum, where such things should be and came up with exactly one year-old thread that was irrelevant.

Perhaps you can show me where such threads are.
    Since the treo has a full-time data connection from cell network, what need would you have for WiFi? Just curious.
    Some carriers charge and arm, leg and head for data... Wifi also being quicker...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlsides
    Since the treo has a full-time data connection from cell network, what need would you have for WiFi? Just curious.

As Anrky noted....

I don't subscribe to any data plans. I use a dial-up (Budget) which lets you buy packets of time in blocs rather than charge a monthly fee. That suits my needs, which is mostly connecting to get email off of Yahoo. I mean, I don't really want to spend a lot of time browsing the internet at the speed and size of the Treo if I can help it. A wif-fi connection would let me ditch my dial-up--or at least make it less necessary, and perhaps faster to connect.
    To answer the question, probably not likely for the current Treo 600. The SDIO slot can't supply the necessary power for the currently available Wi-Fi cards (though there is a compatible driver anyway). There is supposed to be one or two coming out that are supposed require less power, but it's not clear whether it will work with the Treo. There is also the issue of having a compatible driver if the SDIO device itself would work.
    Sounds like wifi has a slim chance on the Treo 600. It's sad that Handspring didn't prepare the Treo 600 for wifi. My old visor deluxe had the abilty.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks!