1.    #1  
    I got my treo 2 wks ago and now I bought boxwave screen but before I put it on I want to clean my screen from the dust and fingermarks. I read in threads that you shouldn't apply cleaning material to the screen but use a dry clean. How do I do it with the simple things I have at home? No airpump or anything sophisticated like that.
    Thanks for the great guys here.
    I just applied my Boxwave screen protector and it worked like a charm. First I cleaned my screen with the cloth that my eye dr. gave to clean my glasses with. it feels almost like heavy satin. It is perfect - no lint and it won't scratch. This type of cloth is commercially available anywhere glasses are sold (Lenscrafters, etc.) or at a sunglass store. Then if you are very careful when you align the Boxwave it will adhere perfectly and you should not have to ever remove it. Then I used that same lens cloth to smooth it out once I applied it. I have one tiny bubble down in the corner which will not come out but I can live with it. So I am very pleased!
    Good luck!
    I bought a screen cleaning kit that came with a lint free cloth AND a cleaning pen, the pen is perfect for getting into the corners where dust usually seems to stuck the best...
    i dont get why everybody wants to clean it and buy all these solutions - use your shirt thats all whats the big deal were not talking about a 50 inch plasma screen here. My treo is about 4 months old and i have never used anything to clean it but my shirt and i garuntee it looks just as good as the day i bought it. i tried them stupid plastic things that cover it, they made it look 100 times worse, not as glossy just ugly and they were a pain to get on.
    Quote Originally Posted by eighteight
    i dont get why everybody wants to clean it and buy all these solutions - use your shirt thats all whats the big deal were not talking about a 50 inch plasma screen here. My treo is about 4 months old and i have never used anything to clean it but my shirt and i garuntee it looks just as good as the day i bought it. i tried them stupid plastic things that cover it, they made it look 100 times worse, not as glossy just ugly and they were a pain to get on.
    You'll be thinking differently about this when you get a scratch on the screen and the digitizer stops working.

Trust me. been there, done that. And I didn't enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by eighteight
    those stupid plastic things might be one of the most important things you need for your PDA. the screen tends to scratch easily, and chances of it getting scratched gets higher if you use the stylus a lot. i used to use my stylus extensively on my old clie and even the screen protector got scratched up pretty mercilessly.

What's the big deal about scratches? Well, since most PDA screens are touchscreens, scratched screens can effect their functionality. not just that, but if you scratch the "stupid plastic thing", you can replace them. you can't replace the screen.

and if your screen protector makes it look a 100 times worse - find a decent screen protector like boxwave's screen protector or one of the many other higher end protectors. you won't regret it.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I agree with eighteight. I've had my replacement treo for months now and all I use is my T-shirt to clean it- no scratches, no problems whatsover. My first Treo didn't have any scratches either before it developed the feared buzzing disorder. Maybe I'm lucky; you won't catch me using an unsightly screen protector.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I agree with eighteight. I've had my replacement treo for months now and all I use is my T-shirt to clean it- no scratches, no problems whatsover. My first Treo didn't have any scratches either before it developed the feared buzzing disorder. Maybe I'm lucky; you won't catch me using an unsightly screen protector.
    don't use a crap screen protector. there are several amazing ones where u don't even know there's a screen protector on the screen. cleartouch is one of them. do a search on this forum - you'll find a bunch
    Quote Originally Posted by posiq
    I got my treo 2 wks ago and now I bought boxwave screen but before I put it on I want to clean my screen from the dust and fingermarks. I read in threads that you shouldn't apply cleaning material to the screen but use a dry clean. How do I do it with the simple things I have at home? No airpump or anything sophisticated like that.
    Thanks for the great guys here.
    buy a pressurized air can for about $8. remember to spray upright. it will get rid of all the dust in a few bursts of spraying. if your screen is smudgy, use a lens cleaner from a camera store.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    don't use a crap screen protector. there are several amazing ones where u don't even know there's a screen protector on the screen. cleartouch is one of them. do a search on this forum - you'll find a bunch
    Don't see the need. There's not one scratch on my screen and it's hardly new. I like to live on the edge
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo