Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, junefabrics finally has a new update for PDANet. Althought I suspect that it's just the same old 2.52b version with PDAReach compatibility, they SAY that it has a "More stable connection, attempt to auto reconnect if possible."

Any one who was having disconnect issues with it before care to give it a try? I have lost the patience to test this one. (Pluss I got a high speed connection at home, so I don't need it anymore.)

:EDIT:
    I just realized that it also has a neat feature enhancement.
    "Enhancement: Allow user to use other applications while connected."

So maybe it's not the same old app.

--TechDude
    Thanks for the heads up.

PDA Reach, looks like it's a very cool app too.
    I just got the download. And I also picked up the PDA Reach as well.. Pretty interesting indeed

http://www.junefabrics.com/pdareach/
    TechDude. I downloaed the new PDAnet and Im not having any problems yet! Or should I be looking for some wood? We'll see.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Yeah, I decided to get PDA Reach too.

It's a very cool little app.
    I thought I was going to be able to use PdaNet in the background with this upgrade?

"PdaNet for Treo 600 Update/Fix History:

07/16/2004: version 3.0
    Enhancement: Allow Treo screen to be turned off while keeping the network connection.
    Enhancement: Making it easier to dial your own ISP/DUN.
    Fix: More stable connection, attempt to auto reconnect if possible.
    Fix: Compatible with PdaReach.
    Enhancement: Allow user to use other applications while connected."
    The screen will shut off while its connected now though
    Last edited by TreoDaddeo6; 07/18/2004 at 01:43 PM.
    Am I missing something? I upgraded to 3.0 and don't seem to get the feature "Enhancement: Allow user to use other applications while connected". When I leave PDANet, it drops the connection. How am I supposed to use other applications if leaving PDANet drops the connection?

I can't even seem to figure out how to use PDAReach while PDANet is active, it just gives me a USB error.

Am I doing something wrong, or have I misunderstood the feature?
    no your not doing nething wrong. im havng the same exact issues. u would think they'd take care of these enhancements before proclaiming them as enhancements. im still having the same problems I was having as before with this software with the error mgs and having to reboot to get it back up and functional at peak speeds. ill have to post the err.msgs I get as well as the error amounts it racks up under just 2mb of data transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    I can't even seem to figure out how to use PDAReach while PDANet is active, it just gives me a USB error.
    I don't think you can use both applications at the same time.
    used new vers 2x's.. lost connection and had to reboot comp after 5min during download , second time..was a dream no prob and even let me dwnld a 5mb file..thats a first. reach is cool..and yes...cant use pdanet at same time...?worth $24?
    Me personally IMO, I don't think its fair to pay $24 for a new piece of software from a developer whom hasn't formally addressed and fixed errors in another application. Even though they have nothing to do with each other except for the disclaimer asking that if you have an earlier version of PDAnet to please upgrade to ver. 3.0
    Am I wrong for wanting my PDAnet utility to operate and do what I thought it would do?
    TechDude. what you said about the peak speeds and it being under 14kbps is true. Thats a bunch of crap. I just took a look at my cpu and sure enough it was doing just like u said (operating at 8 percent) so that's why it lags after about 5 minutes of usage and forces only upon a reboot to 'reset'.
    Is there a way to reset that lagging connection without forcing a total reboot of the cpu? this is utterly insane.
    They just updated the FAQ.

Bottom line - to put PDANet in background - press "left" on the 5way 2 times.

There is a reason why they make you do this listed inthe faq on their site.
    Also I've noticed that when I click on my pdanet connection status manger (the cpu connect mgr) I am seeing an outrageous amount of errors generated. The system really slows down after about 5-6 of these. seems the longer I stay on...the more the 'errors' accrue. I got up to 39 errors the other day!
    AS I say on another post, I never get over 8 kbs on pda net, usually about 2-4. On the same computer with my old I330, and using a regular network connection, I get 70 kbs per second. Any reason why pda net would be so abyssmally slow? It is really useless to me but I'd love to get it to work at respectable speeds. USB cable, not USB/Serial, right? Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    Bottom line - to put PDANet in background - press "left" on the 5way 2 times.
    Oh. very intuitive...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    Oh. very intuitive...
    Yeah, apparently he didn't want it to be intuitive because it doesn't work all that well. (So why list it as a feature if you don't want people using it?)

Starting from version 3.0, you can run PdaNet as a background application on your Treo, this allows you to use other apps while keeping the network connection. However you must be aware of the following limitations:

1. PdaNet still make exclusive use of the phone and USB hardware when running in the background, that means you will get error when using applications that need access to these resources, such as the phone dial pad or HotSync, even PdaReach. You can resolve this by relaunching PdaNet and disconnect first.
    2. This feature is limited by a hardware problem with the Treo 600 hardware, that if you press any keys on the Treo while the USB port is busy transmitting data, the USB connection might be interrupted. The same problem can also be reproduced with HotSync. PdaNet will try to reconnect when this happens.

Due to these limitations we do not expose this feature on the UI in the current version, you need to press the left arrow key(of the navigation button) twice on your Treo to trigger this.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I am a registered user of PDANET, and previously had the 2.52 version installed. I uninstalled it, rebooted, installed version 3.0 (followed all the instructions, multiple times) and am not able to get it to work.
    The symptom is that when I press the connect icon on the Treo, the application on the laptop throws up an error and wants to send a notice to microsoft about it.
    I've re-tried the uninstall/install process and can't get it to work.
    I went back to version 2.52 and that is working OK.

Any advice on what else I can do (other than just staying with 2.52)?

Many Thanks
    unistall again from pc & treo...do soft reset then use a file mnger like filez to delete pdanet DB. then install 3.0 cause a uninstall from launcher won't del...and treo won't let u until after a soft reset
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast