Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Okay, sorry if I am missing the obvious here:

If I am a registered user of version 2.52, do I have to pay again for the new version 3.0? I JUST purchesd PDA.net two weeks ago and i'll be damned if I am going to pay another $25.

Comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose

If I am a registered user of version 2.52, do I have to pay again for the new version 3.0? I JUST purchesd PDA.net two weeks ago and i'll be damned if I am going to pay another $25.

Comments?
    Not that I know of. I downloaded and installed 3.0 and I saw nothing that indicates that I'm not registered.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose

Comments?
    If you upgraded from 2.52 then you're registered. Click on the PDAnet icon on the taskbar, you should not see a 'Register' item in the popup menu.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    If you upgraded from 2.52 then you're registered. Click on the PDAnet icon on the taskbar, you should not see a 'Register' item in the popup menu.

Hey thanks!!! You are absolutely correct!!!

Ron
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I was not able to locate a PDANETDB file (I sorted by alpha name and by creator type and by type).
    Is there a special way to find this file with FileZ?

Sorry for the beginner-type questions.
    There is no PdaNet DB file. All registry settings are within your PC.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Sorry to veer off topic, but I am LOVING "PDA Reach". I was carrying on a complete SMS conversation via my PC with the treo sitting in the cradle...anyone else have suggestion for uses/applications that would save time usiong PDA Reach?

Comments?

Mooooooooooooooooo
    fyi there is a pdanet db file which was not uninstalled from zlaunher had to delete it manually with the file mngr.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Johnski and TreoDaddeo,

Sorry, but the only PDA related files I see using FileZ (with 2.52b installed) are:
    PdaNet (Creator = PdaN)
    PdaNet_PdaN-ap (Creator = a68K)

After deleting PDANet, I can remove the other after a soft reset.

I am unable to find any other files with this Creator ID or a name like PdaNet.

Installing ver. 3.0 and pressing the connect button on the Palm, still causes the PC to create a Microsoft Error condition and send error messages to Microsoft. Removing ver. 3.0 and re-installing 2.52 gets everything working again.

Is there perhaps something on the PC side that I should try?

Thanks.
    I just spent 2 weeks driving around the easter US Kansas to Florida. 2.52 worked great for the laptop. 3.0 had to be reinstalled, but it works great. What a cool app.

Derek
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    After exchanging emails with the folks at June Fabrics, here is what they tell me:

"I am sorry I think you were caught with a preview build due
    to an error on our website. This had been fixed and try to uninstall the version you have now and download it again from http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/trial600.php

Thanks,
    PdaNet Support"

Hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem...
    chankla have you downloaded that "NEW" version and how does it work for you? I had just about given up and want to see if there is a difference in the pdanet 3.0's or are they just bs'g
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I did re-download it, and quess what?
    It works!

As a result, I switched to the unlimited data plan on AT&T ($49). If you tell them you have a laptop, they charge $79 instead!
    So this software kind of pays for itself in one month....

Cheers
    And just to verify. so your saying it doesn't time out? build errors? slow down? force a cpu reset? nor cause you to lose out on auctions due to all of the above????
    I just downloaded pdanet to me Treo 600 and have been very happy so far with the program and connection speed. One troubling issue, though: A rep from Sprint told me that using my phone as a modem will "burn it out" and that the warranty/ service department can tell if I have used it in this manner, therefore voiding my warranty. I'm pretty sure they were just telling me that because they want me to pay extra for a PCS connection card, but does anyone have any toughts?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinfu
    I just downloaded pdanet to me Treo 600 and have been very happy so far with the program and connection speed. One troubling issue, though: A rep from Sprint told me that using my phone as a modem will "burn it out" and that the warranty/ service department can tell if I have used it in this manner, therefore voiding my warranty. I'm pretty sure they were just telling me that because they want me to pay extra for a PCS connection card, but does anyone have any toughts?
    I used 2.52 as my primary internet conection for many months. Sometimes I was able to stay connected for three hours or more. The only side effect I noticed was that the phone got a little warm. But it does that from a normal phone conversation.

Besides, if you use WebPro you can download any thing you like (I've downloaded a 50 MB file before) to a memory card and cause the same amount and type of traffic that you would transfering it to the PC so I think they're full of it.

--TechDude
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I am traveling to Linux World in San Francisco next week and will put it through its paces there. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Yep I agree. Sprint is full of it. They just say that, to detur customers from high transfers of data without a data-card. I actually had them look up my accts data usage one day and they said "umm sir you seem to have a lot of data usage. Are u using your phone as a modem, perhaps? I told them no. I am in business and a portion of having this device is the ability to do OTA and network syncs which may sometimes mean that I have to transfer very large volumes of data to and from my device depending on the size of files,pictures I've taken or email attachments, will determine how much of a range the data transfer will amount to.

I told them that they can talk to me about high data usage when they can finally show it to me in my monthly billing statement under vision usage with my unlim. vision plan... take that SprintPCS!
  19.    #39  
    I don't even think there is a need for an explanation. I mean if the unit by itself is capable of transfering 50MB files, what difference does it make if I hook it up to my PC and do the same thing?

Anyway, just to be prepared in case I did have to explain myself, I had always planned to tell them that I send high resolution pictures via the SD slot to my mom via email. High res pictures are at a minimum 1MB a piece and you know moms, they want ALL the pictures.

Never had to use it though. Hell, if they're stupid enough to get rid of a $115 a month customer over which way he decides to utilize their service I'll leave happily. (Two phones on a family plan)

--TechDude
    Last edited by TechDude; 07/31/2004 at 12:44 AM.
    Thanks guys. I actually talked to a senior tech at my regional Sprint store (Riverside, CA) and he confirmed what you said. Both he and the branch manager said that if I have unlimited data useage on my plan then they fail to see why Sprint would care how I use it. Interestingly, when I asked the Sprint customer service rep (on the phone) what the difference was between surfing/ transferring data with my treo, or using it as a modem to do the same thing, they got flustered and gave me the "it will damage your phone" routine. It turns out that they are in fact, full of crap! I am going to be a fully mobile, web surfin' fool. Sweeeeeeet!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast