1.    #1  
    I've searced this group and can't find help. My pop3 and smtp email from home works fine, same pop and smtp setting on treo, can recieve email , but not send on treo...smtp settings are correct but get the error "can't connect to server" its a new phone...hard reset or something else? thanks in advance....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice cream
    I've searced this group and can't find help. My pop3 and smtp email from home works fine, same pop and smtp setting on treo, can recieve email , but not send on treo...smtp settings are correct but get the error "can't connect to server" its a new phone...hard reset or something else? thanks in advance....
    I'm in the same boat. Nothing obvious, but I suspect someone out there has the answer.

Little help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice cream

By chance, is your home ISP Bellsouth, RR etc? If so, then it is b/c your ISP is blocking their smtp servers via either port 25 blocking or authentication verification etc. Read the thread below for more detailed discussion:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=zombie

Basically, the only solution is to use your wireless provider's smtp server (unless you have Cingular or something which means your screwed ) or a third party service like Fastmail.fm...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by jliv
    I'm in the same boat. Nothing obvious, but I suspect someone out there has the answer.

Little help?
    I also had the same problem. I was unable to send email through my ISP. After reading much of the boards here I found a link to a help file for snapper mail.

http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm#13

2 things were happening. One, my ISP is not allowing me to sent mail via their SMTP servers even though I have a valid username and password, and 2, my email password through the SprintPCS site was incorrect. If you'll notice in the Snappermail link, at the bottom it mentions that SprintPCS has 3 passwords and the email password isn't necessarily what your SprintPCS password is. I followed the instructions and viola! I can send email via the Sprint servers now. Hope this helps.
    I was having precisely the same problem, but with AT&T Wireless. What's odd is that SMTP worked for four weeks with no problems, then simply stopped working on August 1 despite no changes to my configuration.

PalmOne support finally suggested a solution: I created a new account with the same settings as my old account, and SMTP worked like a charm. (Perhaps a preference had become corrupted?) Finally I deleted the old account and renamed the new one with the old one's name, and all is well for the moment.
    today(08-04) i sent a new thread i tried every thing, im ready to give up and get fast mail as a smpt i dont know what is wrong with sprintpcs smpt servers but this is bullsh t. been trying for 3 months now and still have not sent any mail, i can recieve mail but cannot send. why should i spend $29.99 a year for something i already pay for through sprint. please if any body can help please let me know. a millon thanks i know some out there what is going on with this.
    Have you tried calling Sprint Vision support and asking them to help you reset your password?

I was in the same boat and it wasn't until I called them that I learned that the email password isn't necessarily the same as the vision password isn't necessarily the same as your account management password (but it helps to make them all the same). I don't know if you can reset passwords on their website, so I'd recommend calling Sprint's support.

Once you get outgoing mail going through Sprint's servers, you can set your "reply to" address to your normal ISP address so things look seemless.

Some ISPs completely block mail going out if you're not directly attached to their server. Others do this by default, but have an account setting you can change to allow it. You might call your own ISP and explain that you're trying to get outgoing mail to work through a wireless device that's not directly connected to them. For instance, I use Verizon on my PC, and I can get it to work by using a specific outgoing server.

AT&T Worldnet has instructions for setting this up here:
    http://dslhelp.att.net/docs/howto/em...NXP&faqcounter

Although this web page has Outlook instructions, they should be adaptable to work with your email program on the Treo.
    I could receive my home and work email on my Treo, but could not send any mail except through my Sprint email account.

To solve this, in my preferences I set Snappermail to always respond to any email that I receive via my Sprint email address.

Works like a charm.

Cluemeister