Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I installed Audible for the Treo 600 on my phone & AudibleManager on my pc. I have no problem playing the excerpts supplied with the program, i.e. The Da Vinci Code, Welcome To Audible! etc. I downloaded 4 Audible programs which are in my Audible Inbox but I cannot get them transferred to my Treo. I have tried the 'Add to Treo Smartphone' & that doesn't seem to do anything. I noticed on my sd card, Audible created a folder titled 'AudibleAudio'. I dragged the files into the folder via my card reader & the Audible program on both my Treo & pc do not see them. I think I have tried everything including reformatting the card & resets. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Kirby

I don't know if you have your Treo activated or not. If not, you can't do anything to get the files on your sd card or Treo until it is activated by Audible.
    In Audible Manager on your PC, click on Devices and then click on Choose mobile device. In the Popup Box make sure Mobile Device Type says Treo(TM) Smartphone. I also check card reader and the drive letter it is set up on. If Treo(TM) Smartphone is not one of the selections, under Devices click on Add New Device and follow the instructions. This will get your Treo activated.
    After you have the Treo(TM) Smartphone chosen, click on refresh Treo(TM) SmartPhone under devices. You should now have a box that shows the memory you have left and an area where you can drag the file you want downloaded to your sd card in the reader, the sd card in the Treo or into Treo RAM.

Good Luck as Audible is an excellent program.
    I have (2) subscriptions, so I can get (1) magazine & (3) books a month.
    I do a lot of driving and it's really hard to read a book and drive at the same time.

Roger Kadau
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rekadau
    Kirby

I don't know if you have your Treo activated or not. If not, you can't do anything to get the files on your sd card or Treo until it is activated by Audible.
    In Audible Manager on your PC, click on Devices and then click on Choose mobile device. In the Popup Box make sure Mobile Device Type says Treo(TM) Smartphone. I also check card reader and the drive letter it is set up on. If Treo(TM) Smartphone is not one of the selections, under Devices click on Add New Device and follow the instructions. This will get your Treo activated.
    After you have the Treo(TM) Smartphone chosen, click on refresh Treo(TM) SmartPhone under devices. You should now have a box that shows the memory you have left and an area where you can drag the file you want downloaded to your sd card in the reader, the sd card in the Treo or into Treo RAM.

Good Luck as Audible is an excellent program.
    I have (2) subscriptions, so I can get (1) magazine & (3) books a month.
    I do a lot of driving and it's really hard to read a book and drive at the same time.

Roger Kadau

Thanks to you Roger, I figured out what the problem was. When I dragged the file from my inbox to the box "Audible Programs On Treo (TM) Smartphone", I got an error stating that the files I downloaded are of the wrong format (4) & that the Treo will only recognize formats 2 & 3. So I redownloaded everything in the correct format & instantly everything worked. Yes, Audible is an excellent program. I received 1 book ($26.95) & a daily 12 month subscription to the Wall Street Journal ($69.95) for $9.95. The WSJ is delivered to my pc every weekday at 3:30am. I too spend a lot of time on the road commuting. By the time I get home from work, I am much too exhausted to read a book. Thanks for all your help!!

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Kirby,

I'm glad you got it figured out. I forgot about that Format 4 not being able to be used on the Treo. I had a Pocket PC and I don't think it could use format 4. Matter of fact I think the only thing that can use that format is burning to CD.
    I'm so glad that Audible is available on the Treo600, because when I had my Treo300 I had to use a program that would record my Audible books to MP3's in real time. That was a real pain.
    I'm glad to see that Audible seems to be giving a free offering, for members, each month lately. Last month it was one month of Scientific American.

Roger Kadau
    It was working for me for awhile. Then I had I received a replacement from Lock Line and now it won't connect at all. I finally found that PDAnet was conflicting with the Audible. To temporarily fix it, right click on the pdaNet icon on the bottom right of windows and exit.