1.    #1  
    The cost advantage at Sprint was too much to pass up. After my two week trial with Sprint I've determined the covergae to be about the same as Verizon, especially with the optional free roaming capability. Cost of phone aside (I paid $320 and I've heard Verizon going for as high as $449, if you really want to use the Treo to its full advantage with web, e-mail, pics, text, etc. and your area is well served by Sprint then the Sprint plan is undeniably better - almost HALF the cost of the Verizon. Here's the numbers from my situation:

Sprint:
    700 min talk time - $50
    free roaming - $5
    unlimted data, pics, 100 text - $15
    Monthly total - $70

Verizon:
    600 min talk time - $75
    free roaming - $0 (included in above)
    data plan - $50
    pics - $5
    100 text - $3
    Monthly total - $133
    Can you hear me now....
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    "Can you hear me now?" Hahahaha! But seriously, I'm curious: Verizon's data speeds aren't as fast as Sprint's, are they?
    Sprint and Verizon speeds are almost identical. I read an article in a mag a few months back and Sprint was 1 or 2 kbps faster download. Verizon had a tiny advatage on the upload side.

It is the same protocol on both sides...

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    And if you think $50 for a data plan on Verizon is bad, imagine being an AT&T/Cingular customer and paying about that same price for GPRS! Should almost be illegal....
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    And if you think $50 for a data plan on Verizon is bad, imagine being an AT&T/Cingular customer and paying about that same price for GPRS! Should almost be illegal....

Cingular has the $20/month unlimited GPRS plan now though don't they?...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Really? that could be. I guess I just assumed they were the same as I think AT&T's is about $45 or 50.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    "Can you hear me now?" Hahahaha! But seriously, I'm curious: Verizon's data speeds aren't as fast as Sprint's, are they?
    Having used both it seems in my area at least that Sprint is faster.
    Have you got an insurance plan to cover your toy? Ben