1.    #1  
    i was cleaning out some stuff on my treo that i didn't need anymore and i deleted something i thought i had installed, but it must have been an important file. it was something like imagelib_db and it was around 5mb in size. i thought it was something i had installed myself cause it sounded familiar, but after deleting that and going to the home screen, but treo just keeping rebooting.

i tried to do a hard reset by holding down the screen off button and pressing the reset button on the back but it doesn't seem to be working, the treo only makes it to the palm screen for about 1 second and then reboots while it is still on.

anyone know anything else i can try?

thanks for any help!
    I assume you are holding down the button on the top of the phone, right? That is for the hard reset. If a hard reset doesn't work, you can let the battery run completely out, and then recharge. That may help. Good luck.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3.    #3  
    nope, i was trying the screen on/off button

thanks for clairfying and it worked, i was able to reset it

thanks a bunch!!!!
    No problem. BTW, if you use backupman, it becomes super easy to reinstall everything if you mess something up. (I am speaking from experience here.)
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!