1.    #1  
    There are now small devices sold to cross-country runners that can track distances of runs using GPS. Has anyone seen anything like this for the Treo 600? It would be incredibly convenient, as I already use it to play MP3's & audiobooks while I run.
    From what I understand, all the GPS mouse devices require power beyond what the Treo can provide. As such they have cigarette lighter adapters and can only be used in the car.

If someone knows of a truly portable mouse or an external battery pack solution, I'd love to hear about it.
    Will
    The only one that doesn't require external power is the iGolf which is a SDIO device.

http://www.igolftech.com/sdgps.php
    Is anyone using the igolf with a treo? The downside is the slot isn't available for my sd card to hold the maps.

Seems there are a lot of DIY'ers on the board, hasn't anyone built a battery pack that would supply 12v to the mouse? I haven't found any specs on power requirements, so I'm not sure how many amp-hours the pack would need to supply.
    Will
    If you have to supply a 12v battery pack, you might as well get a separate GPS device.
    hmm, I guess that's your opinion, but some people (like myself) don't want yet another device.

The gps device equivalent of the treo/mouse solution would have: a color screen, talking directions, and an sd card slot for additional map storage. From what I've seen of the current models, that would be pretty expensive. Of course, all the reasons for having a convergence device come into play here; ie downloading additional maps.
    Will
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WillH
    hmm, I guess that's your opinion, but some people (like myself) don't want yet another device.

The gps device equivalent of the treo/mouse solution would have: a color screen, talking directions, and an sd card slot for additional map storage. From what I've seen of the current models, that would be pretty expensive. Of course, all the reasons for having a convergence device come into play here; ie downloading additional maps.
    I agree. I have a Garmin iQue 3600 (which cost me over $500) and hardly use it because it is a separate device and I just want to carry around one device. I don't understand why they couldn't put some type of rechargeable battery in these GPS Mice for power outside of a car. The Bluetooth GPS Mice have it, why not the other ones?
    Jeff