Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i know its a small thing to give up for all that the treo has to offer but sometimes i really miss the simplicity of my samsung sprint phones where i could just hit my earpiece button say the name and im connected.. and thats for every name in my address book automatically no voice record...

in any case seeing as how the voice recorders have come a long way isnt anyone developing or maybe near complete with an app that at least matches voice recording to number for the treo600?

The app would have to have 3 features to be truly spongeworthy
    1. ability to prompt for a voicedial by holding down the call answer button on compataible hands-free units (perhaps by assigning the button a # code that brings up the prompt as TreoButler allows)

2. Ability to store the sound name files on the sound card so the RAM wouldnt fill up

3. Ability to record name and assign it directly to a phonebook entry number.

i would guess the maker of SoundRec and MovieRec could do something like this.. (*wink * wink *) but the important thing is.. and correct me if someone has done this thread before...

how much would YOU pay for an app that allows our Treo600 to arrive in 1998 and allow Voice Dial in all its glory?
    Last edited by wahili; 07/16/2004 at 09:40 AM.
    If your service is with SPCS, spend $5/mo. for their Voice Command option and you'll have your voice dialling.
    There's already a thread on this...

http://69.64.37.197/showthread.php?t=49206
    sprints voice dial stinks...more buttons and longer process to use than its worth...simpler to just use speed dial.. I signed up for trial..will cqncel it aint worth the money.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i had voice dial and it sukt
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    so no one would pay for a voice dial app?
  7. HED
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    so no one would pay for a voice dial app?

Definitely would pay. I used Sprint Voice Command -- for which Sprint charged $5/mo additional -- for several years and found it extremely helpful when driving which is when I use my cell phone the most. Much safer as you don't have to fiddle around with phone to find a contact or enter digits to make a call. Now that I am on Verizon, I miss Voice Command.