1.    #1  
    Forshadowing of the ACE/610/It2 ?

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archive...600_349_on.php

Interesting......thats $50 less than it was previously (with a two year contract). Could be a normal price reduction as demand at Sprint has slowed a little, reaction to Verizion offering the T600, or as you indicate (and I hope) start of the process for clearing out / price differentation for the into of the Treo "Ace".....
    Has anyone confirmed the $349 price at their local store? Mine has it for $450 still, but they said they may pricematch if I bring in the ad. Was it in yesterday's (7/15/04)USA Today?

I'll be going the upgrade route through Sprint since I've had service for 18mos+ with my Treo 300, and this is probably the best price option for me. Or maybe I'll just wait until October...
    I just purchaed one for $320at my local Sprint store. That's with a 2 year contract. Is that what the add refers to?

Vidio
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I have a feeling its because of Verizon's entry into this arena. I wish it was because of the Ace, but I doubt it. The Ace is far off.

Joe
    Whoa, nice. What city did you buy it in, vidio? I called SprintPCS's 888 number and they said that the prices between stores can vary. Did you add a new line of service, or did you just upgrade?
    I almost got Best Buy to agree to it, but they called Sprint and Sprint could not confirm it (not to say that it isn't a valid deal). The customer service agent was prepared to sell it to me for $499 before $150 rebate.

Neither of the two sprint stores I tried today would honor the ad. They had it at $599 - 150 = $449.

Does anybody actually have the advert in front of them? Is there any fine print that was cut off (the ad doesn't appear to go all the way to the bottom of the picture)?

Is it worth trying a different Best Buy tomorrow? Is $349 a sensible price to be paying for the 600 now if the Ace is coming in 3 months (will that have any discounts initially?)

Steve <--- prepared to pay $349 but not a dollar more

Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    Has anyone confirmed the $349 price at their local store? Mine has it for $450 still, but they said they may pricematch if I bring in the ad. Was it in yesterday's (7/15/04)USA Today?

I'll be going the upgrade route through Sprint since I've had service for 18mos+ with my Treo 300, and this is probably the best price option for me. Or maybe I'll just wait until October...
    Decent price but I just picked up the Cingular 600 for 299.99 after rebates on Amazon. Ad a $50 gift card that I had sitting there and I came away at $250. Called as soon as I got my number and added Media Works for 19.99 for unlimited internet. Even better is that they only require a 1 year contract for that price. I believe Sprint requires 2 years. This way, I will be able to pick up the new Treo when it drops sometime next summer (I know I know, they say end of this year but lets be honest with our selves) I guess the only thing I miss out on is the fast download speeds. I can live with that.
    Not to go off topic, but doesn't Cingular not offer MediaWorks to Treo users? If you were able to get Media Works, than you're sitting pretty. I believe they charge $39.95 for unlimited internet. I would guess the Treo Ace is coming sooner than later. For my money, I'd say September. Question is..how much will it cost. If it's going to be $500 AFTER rebates, than the Cingular deal looks better and better.
    Chrism, I just called and asked for the Media Works package for $19.99 and the rep added it without asking what phone I had. I am pretty sure that the type of phone I have is in their information, but she did not question that. I think with all the competition going on, they were happy to add it to my account considering that I just signed up and will begin paying over $100 a month for the service (1250 minutes $80 plan plus unlimited internet for $20). However, that had nothing to do with her adding it to my account (at least I dont think so) because we never talked about it.

Other Cingular users have also noted that they received the Media Works package for their Treo without a problem. If others are interested I would order the phone and call as soon as you get your number emailed to you. That way, if they decline, then you can ask to cancel the service within your 15 day trial period.
    I just got one in boston for $349. I had no idea...i'm on it right now!
    Where abouts in boston did you get yours from, cigarster?

I was able to persuade a different Best Buy to accept the mytreo.net copy of the USA Today ad (I'm still curious why the fine print was left off the bottom).

Anyway, I have my treo now so I'm happy... no point in reading this thread in case the price goes down again and I feel like a loser for overpaying for it

Steve
    Anyway, I have my treo now so I'm happy... no point in reading this thread in case the price goes down again and I feel like a loser for overpaying for it

Steve

A Treo at any price makes you feel like a winner!!!!!!!!