Version 5 of my Color High Fidelity Low Res skin is now available
    for a free download at

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/skins/mods/ColorHiFiLow.shtml

This colorful, feature rich skin designed especially for Treo 600
    users provides a wealth of information that is easily readable and
    aesthetically pleasing. Scrolling tag information provides Title,
    Artist, Genre, etc. w/o opening another screen. From music to audio
    books, from recorded talk shows to old time radio, easy program
    navigation and great graphics should meet the needs of all users.

Here are some of the key features.

In addition to the standard Play, Pause, Next Track/Fast-Forward,
    and Previous Track/Fast-Rewind controls, there is a new split
    button "jump ahead" or "jump back" feature. Just click and release
    the top half + button the program will jump ahead 30 seconds. Click
    and hold this button for one or more seconds, and Pocket Tunes will
    jump ahead 5 minutes in the program. Similarly, click and release
    the bottom half - button the program will jump back 30 seconds, and
    click and hold this button to jump back 5 minutes.

The program Progress Bar has been modified to get the visual
    advantages of a graduated color bar as well as the convenience of a
    Slider. Just click and drag the red pulsating leading edge of the
    bar to move forward or backward to any spot in the program.

Graphics on the Playlist have been enhanced with color boarders and
    some animated "notes" have been added to the Control Panel, just for
    fun.

There is also a new feature for travelers. Tap on the time display
    on the lower toolbar and a new easy to read panel displays the
    current date and time in hours, minutes, and seconds. A handy
    bedside feature when traveling or it can be used for timing events.

The Playlist button shows the number of songs or programs in the
    currently selected Playlist.

The Volume Control has a digital readout (0 - 100%) display for ease
    of adjustment and a cleaner look.

I hope you enjoy the skin. Please let me know if you have any ideas
    for changes or improvements.

Craig
    COOL! Very nice update! Thanks for the heads up!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Great work, Craig! Thanks!
    Ditto, looks good!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Rock on!
    Very cool!
    Thanks Craig!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Good-lookin'.
    Me likeee---thanks a lot
    Thank You!

James
    The 30 second skip is ideal for radio mp3's downloaded from usenet...

thanks
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    not to be ungrateful or tasteless, but i prefer the original scheme of this skin (green and silver)
    but is it possible for you to modify that one with just a time/clock?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by anitanium
    not to be ungrateful or tasteless, but i prefer the original scheme of this skin (green and silver)
    but is it possible for you to modify that one with just a time/clock?
    Anitanium, I'm sure Lance will be pleased that you like his skin. You might write and ask him if he is interested in expanding its functionality.
    Craig!

Great Job! One problem: the scolling url doesn't update when songs change on Shoutcast.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne_b
    Craig!

Great Job! One problem: the scolling url doesn't update when songs change on Shoutcast.
    Hi Wayne ~
    Unfortunately, as a skin designer I can only choose to select one of the commands that is provided by Pocket Tunes and the String for Title and Comments doesn't provide all the Shoutcast information. NormSoft is aware of the problem and hopefully will have a fix for their next update.
    Craig
    I appreciate the response! I still love the look and will keep it regardless!
    Thank you the for skin, Craig. It's my favorite now
    Last edited by Tribalenvy; 07/23/2004 at 12:01 PM. Reason: spelt wrong ;)
    Hey Skin Designers (and tag nerds)...

Is there anyway to include the option to display the album art tag in a pocket tunes skin? I would love a skin that supported all of the tag options available in Music Match Jukebox, such as:

Album art pic
    track number
    release year

As far as I know, there is no way to display these tags in any current MP3 program for the Treo 600, Of course, Artist, Album, and Song title tags are great, but there is so much more useful tag info available in MP3s that goes unused, a huge waste in my opinion!

I would much rather use the screen space to display tag info rather than have it used for player control, which I mostly use the 5-way for anyway.

In a best case scenario, there could be a menu that would list all tag catagories and you could select a checkbox next to whatever tags you want to display (for instance, I HATE the "genre" tag, so I wouldn't want that being displayed). You could also select the order in which they appear on the skin.

Any thoughts, comments or (fingers crossed...) solutions? Designers, is this even possible?

Thanks!
    Last edited by MoseGiganticus; 07/24/2004 at 01:47 PM. Reason: more thoughts...
    We'll overcome you using our technology.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MoseGiganticus
    Hey Skin Designers (and tag nerds)...

Is there anyway to include the option to display the album art tag in a pocket tunes skin? I would love a skin that supported all of the tag options available in Music Match Jukebox, such as:

Album art pic
    track number
    release year

As far as I know, there is no way to display these tags in any current MP3 program for the Treo 600, Of course, Artist, Album, and Song title tags are great, but there is so much more useful tag info available in MP3s that goes unused, a huge waste in my opinion!

I would much rather use the screen space to display tag info rather than have it used for player control, which I mostly use the 5-way for anyway.

In a best case scenario, there could be a menu that would list all tag catagories and you could select a checkbox next to whatever tags you want to display (for instance, I HATE the "genre" tag, so I wouldn't want that being displayed). You could also select the order in which they appear on the skin.

Any thoughts, comments or (fingers crossed...) solutions? Designers, is this even possible?

Thanks!
    Hi Mose ~

While I can't provide Album Art (write NormSoft), you have more Tag information than you know. If the file is encoded, the following fields will display in this skin: Album, Artist, Band, Composer,Track, Encoded By, Publisher, Genre, and Part. To view, just click on the Control Panel icon (2 red dots) located on the lower left toolbar, and then click on the violet scrolling Song Title to toggle between the Song List and current selections Tag Information.

There are some other hidden features.... Just click on the large digital display at the top to toggle from Count Up to Count Down the time of the current selection. The minature yellow arrow to the left indicates the current status.

And finally, click on the Time Display on the lower toolbar to display a LARGE digital read out of the Date and Time. A handy bedside feature when traveling.

Hope this helps.

Craig
    Not to insult or anything, it's nice someone took the time to make a good functional Pocket Tunes skin for free, it's just way too colourful for my tastes.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Nguyen
    Not to insult or anything, it's nice someone took the time to make a good functional Pocket Tunes skin for free, it's just way too colourful for my tastes.
    Thanks for the comment. As they say "that's what makes horse racing"....everyone has their own favorite! In fact, that's what got me to design this skin in the first place. I thought most skins were functionally adequate, but aesthetically boring! I taught myself skin design from the NormSoft manual so I could have the skin I WANTED.

Donald, you might consider doing the same....it's truly not that difficult and the extra variety I'm sure would be welcome by others that feel as you do. Good luck....let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Craig
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast