1.    #1  
    I have been a long time user of 2Phone, it allows me to scroll through the phone functions like the Treo300 use too. According to the TC main page, there is a new app called Phoneview. Has anyone tried this new app yet?

Is it as configureable as 2Phone, where you can assign what function comes next? Is there a "timeout" feature too? I think it's $5
    TIA, Matt Burkhard

NOTE: 2PHONE is part of "Treoshortcuts", you also get 2WEB,2contacts,2FAVOURITES, and more.
    I was wondering the differences between these two myself. If PhoneView was free, that was about the only advantage I could have seen it having over 2Phone.... but it's not.

I have yet to try PhoneView, but have used 2Phone before.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    I was wondering the differences between these two myself. If PhoneView was free, that was about the only advantage I could have seen it having over 2Phone.... but it's not.

I have yet to try PhoneView, but have used 2Phone before.
    I am using Phoneview 1.1. You can configure the order. There is no "time out" that I am aware of. The 1.1 update added a menu to configure order. I had a conflict with bob poplaunch. Not a big deal, had to disable BPLaunch, set prefs for phoneview and then re-enable bobs.
    It would be great if one of these apps would be intuitive enough to evaluate which screen it was already on and then take you to the next screen in order. The way it stands now, if you go to favorites by using the d-pad and then press the phone button you are taken to the next app after the phone app (I believe it is the favorites app). To me it's irritating enough that I uninstalled both apps after a short period of use.
  5.    #5  
    Big Treo, I have a solution for that with 2PHONE and TreoShortcuts. Let me find the post and I'll link it. It drove me crazy too, now it's all good....Matt
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    It would be great if one of these apps would be intuitive enough to evaluate which screen it was already on and then take you to the next screen in order. The way it stands now, if you go to favorites by using the d-pad and then press the phone button you are taken to the next app after the phone app (I believe it is the favorites app). To me it's irritating enough that I uninstalled both apps after a short period of use.
    BIG TREO. Please let me know if I need to expand on any of this. From my point of view, it makes sence, but I also have done this, so let me know. you have to use 2Phone AND the TreoShortcuts that come with it.

Here is the link to the thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=2phone

and the info
    Quote Originally Posted by burkhardi
    So it seems that the "phone" commands that are set to run off the 5-way in the OE Mail Dialer screen do run in the Phone app and that is why I can't timeout and return to the first choice of 2Phone after going to one of these choices from the 5-way in the Mail Dialer screen.

So I have a workaround that I think works rather well.

the settings were set like this in the main dialer screen to be launched from the 5-way (setup via menu-options-display preference(inthe OE main dialer screen))
    UP - Call Log
    RIGHT - Favorites
    DOWN - Pictures
    LEFT - Contacts

I then changed them to these
    UP - 2Call-Log
    RIGHT - 2Favourites
    DOWN - Pictures
    LEFT - 2Contacts

NOW IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!
    WHen ever I go to any of these choices from the 5-way, 2Phone will start with the first choice when I hit the hardkey.

Then being cursed with being "anal retentive"
    I used FileZ to change the names, so they would match what they use to say next to the 5-way arrows. but I also wanted to make them different, so I could tell which ones were Shimons and which ones were the OE ones that run in the Phone App.
    "2call-Log" is now " Call Log" (there is a space in front of the "C")
    "2favourites" is now "Favourites"
    "2Contacts" is now " Contacts" (there is a space in front of the "C")

Now the OE Main Dialer screen looks just like the way it was, and works 200% better.

Funny thing, these return to the first choice of 2phone even with the Timeout set to none, I assume due to the same reason that the "pictures" choice always did, it's a different application.

However, the Timeout feature is still a plus IMHO, I like the way it works with 2Web and also with 2Phone too.

So between Shimon adding the Timeout feature and with me using the Treo Shortcuts in place of the OE ones, I am tickled pink.

With the new use of TkPhOS5HK in 2Phone, long with the new Timeout feature and my workaround, I am in the zone now..One happy camper!

Thanks for the help and planting the seed in my head Shimon.

Hope this is helpful to some others too.

Reguards, Matt
  7.    #7  
    Big T, you out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I am using Phoneview 1.1. You can configure the order. There is no "time out" that I am aware of. The 1.1 update added a menu to configure order. I had a conflict with bob poplaunch. Not a big deal, had to disable BPLaunch, set prefs for phoneview and then re-enable bobs.
    You were always able to configure the order with 2Phone. I'm just trying to see if there is any advantage to using Phoneview. So far, it doesn't sound like it does anything different (in fact, it sounds like it does less yet costs more!).
    Jennyfur, I bought TreoShortCuts a while back, and have now just bought PhoneView instead - how odd that I've now paid $11 just to get back something very simple that I liked in the earlier Treos....

after I did the recent Sprint Update, TreoShortCuts was never the same. I'd push the phone button once, and it would cycle quickly through two screens, not one. push it a second time, same thing happens. I reinstalled several times with no success.

I also didn't like that TSC meant five new apps and icons in my launcher. some may like that, but I never used them, and would have preferred just one. finally, I didn't like how difficult it was to change the configurations - as I recall, its kinda annoying to hold down the button and then have to tap the screen quickly.

PhoneView does all that TSC does, but so far is more stable, is only one icon, and is easier to configure. I agree with "BigTreo" up above though, I wish these apps would be intuitive enough to evaluate which screen it was already on and then take you to the next screen in order....
  10.    #10  
    Can PhoneView beam your business card with a simple press and hold like 2Phone?
    Also, you can get an application call Invisable (click here for link), from Palmgear, that can hide (or unhide) and application. I hide almost all of the TSC icons, as well as a mess of others (mLights, OE mail app, TreoBulter, Graffiti Anywhere, OE picture app, OE phone app, Blazer, and a lot more).

BTW, did you use FileZ to remoeve all the TreoShortCuts files before you reinstalled after the firmware update, or did you just delete treoshortcuts via the "Delete" option via the Application Launcher (house ICON key)?

I'll see Big Treo and rise it with a dollar that I wish Handspring would have left it the way it WAS in the Treo300 when all this worked litke it was supose to, the way it came, not having to buy any app at all.

Just my 2-cents worth, Matt