Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Just moved up from a Kyocera 7135 to Treo 600. BugMe was an essential app for me. I have system sound turned off, but that shouldn't matter. If I use BugMe or Diddlebug, the alarm DOES sound ONLY if I leave the palm on (ie, screen lit up). If the screen is off, when an alarm goes off, the Bugme or Diddlebug screen DOES come up, but no alarm sounds.

Any help here would be appreciated. I know there's a newer Bugme (Bugme Note), but I really don't want an 800k app for this!
    With the older version of bugme (before the update you mention) if you have your system sounds turned off, you will not get the alarm sounds. I had the same problem (because I keep my system sounds turned off) and the only thing that finally solved it was updating to the newest version of bugme. If you really don't want to update, you might try diddlebug again, I think one of the threads (on treocentral) mentioned that diddlebug alarms will not sound the first time, but they will sound the follow up alerts.
    I have found that subsequent diddlebug alarms do sound off. I configure DB to repeat the alarm every minute and the second arlm does generate a noise after the first one 'wakes up' the Treo. The end result is that you get a sound alarm a minute late. I have learned to live with it and still use DB extensively. It's my favorite app for reminding me of stuff.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks much! That works fine, and is better (for me) than such a large app as BugMe Note. I like Bugme note, but memory is just too valuable to have almost one meg on just that app....