1.    #1  
    Takephone may have the closest app to something that could accomplish this. It says it can record calls.

I get 3000 anytime minutes on my phone with T-Mobile so I use it for every call. I would like to find a record application that could automatically log the last 5 calls in memory (up to say... 30 min total before prompting for input from the user). That way you could have a running log of calls without required effort on the part users. One could then perhaps save individual calls to the SD card if keeping certain calls or just short clips of calls were needed.

How many times has somebody told you something on the phone or promised you something where you wished you had a clip of it? This is not illegal as many people think. It just wouldn't be admissable in court for 'proof' without knowledge of the recording in most cases. However, it might be enough to prove to whatever person or organization that the conversation took place. Often times, when I wish I had a clip of somembody saying something, it's too late to push the 'record' button on Takephone or similar application.

i.e. Television's TiVo has used a very similar concept with PVR (personal video recorder) units. These units records TV shows it thinks you will like automatically and deletes them as space is needed. Mine can hold over 180 hours of very high quality digital video. Audio takes up much less space and can even make use of the SD card which is not even needed for low-quality. Make it just 30 minutes at any given time and the space requirements are negligable at best.

With the recording software that currently exists for Treo600, it seems like it would be fairly easy for a developer to accomplish such an application.

Something that just keeps the last 30 minutes of conversation would be very usefull IMHO.
    Last edited by tivosnoopy; 07/14/2004 at 02:28 PM.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    I second the request. This would be most helpful for MANY applications.
    This is especialy useful when you answer a call on the Treo without a headset. Imagine your doctor calling you saying your appointment has been moved to the 20th at 1:45pm. You can't exactly write it down on your PDA and you don't want to ask them to "hold on while I open Calendar and change it". You either have to remember it or write on *gasp* paper. TiVo capabilities for your phone is a GREAT idea.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I guess a "TiVo for the Treo Bounty" should be started as well...
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys for the positive comments on that. I figured a developer might have chimed in by now
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0