1.    #1  
    If you are, what are you using? I am looking for some advice. I think mNotes and Intelisync are some of the common options but I would like to hear what you all are doing. I really do not want to replicate to Outlook then sync to Outlook although I guess that is the cheapest (free).

Thanks all

Rippey...finally got a Treo600, locked to ATT...for now
    EasySync from Lotus works just fine for me. Only hitch : u need to install the Palm OS 4 Mail Application as its incompatible with OS 5. Otherwise its jus great !!!
    I use mNotes by Commontime. OK, it cost a bit, but really worth it. Install was quick and easy, setup was virtually automatic. Good product.
  4.    #4  
    sugato, where can you get the Palm OS 4 mail app? I have used mNotes once but for some reason it did not work but I might have done something wrong.

Rippey...finally got a Treo600, locked to ATT...for now
    I use EasySync Pro. There is a patch now (available from the Lotus website) which works with the Palm v5 desktop.

mNotes is good but so complicated to replicate with conditions that I ultimately passed on it. Plus, it's expensive, with an annual fee.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have been checking on both easysync pro($65)and mnotes($75) and both seem a little expensive. Testing out mnotes now. Installed without a hitch! Are these programs offered as shareware or free somewere?
    thanks
  7.    #7  
    well mnotes is probably the best I have seen in syncing with Notes and the Treo. iT has it's own email client so no Agendus Mail integration but it is slick but expensive. Pylon works the same way (new client, no AgendusMail integration).

Rippey
    Rippey
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile
    Honda CBR600RR
    I have settled on using Visto. It seems to be the only solution that allows you to access a Lotus Notes server wirelessly WITHOUT requiring any ports except https to be accessible through your company's corporate firewall. You install a program on your desktop PC at work (inside the firewall) and it pushes your email out to the Treo via Visto's internet-accessible servers. The installation process was not flawless, but I got it working.

I tried Cadenza mNotes. It looked great in terms of the functionality in the user interface. BUT it requires certain other ports to be opened on your corporate firewall which is most likely a complete non-starter if you work at a medium to large size company.

A lot of the other solutions are not true wireless email solutions and require you to hotsync to get your email which I think kind of defeats the purpose of email on the treo. If I'm at my desk and able to hotsync then I can just read my email straight from my PC!
  9. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    mjw: where on the visto site can you download visto? I cannot find it and would like to give this a try. Thanks.
    We use mNotes but isn't reliable in our environment. I just installed Docs to Go 7 and it synchs with notes but has a quirky setup (not much control of what mail synchs<
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1
    mjw: where on the visto site can you download visto? I cannot find it and would like to give this a try. Thanks.
    It took me quite a while to find this again (it's well hidden!)
    Visto Message Express
  12. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    mjw, thanks for the link. I installed visto but in the desktop assistant it does not allow me to enter my Notes password. Did you run into this problem? I wonder if somehow our corporate Notes installation is preventing access?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw
    It took me quite a while to find this again (it's well hidden!)
    Visto Message Express

This looks pretty cool. But I couldn't find a price. Do you know how much this puppy costs for a single user?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1
    mjw, thanks for the link. I installed visto but in the desktop assistant it does not allow me to enter my Notes password. Did you run into this problem? I wonder if somehow our corporate Notes installation is preventing access?
    I did have some problems but I managed to get around them.
    1) The installer gave me an error message "This version of Lotus Notes is not supported". I got around this by clicking the Previous button on the installer then clicking Next again.
    2) It then told me that my username and password were incorrect, but it did not even give me a text box on the screen to enter username or password! So I pressed previous again, then entered my username exactly as it is in Notes (i.e. Mark J Webb) and pressed enter. Then I entered my passworded followed by enter. Then I pressed Next and it worked.

I must say that the installer is awful. I hope this works for you. Alternatively you could phone their support line.

By the way my version of Lotus Notes is 5.0.10
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    This looks pretty cool. But I couldn't find a price. Do you know how much this puppy costs for a single user?
    I think its about $100 per year. It's not cheap, but it's the only solution I can find at the moment that gives me wireless access to work Lotus Notes email through a corporate firewall.
    I was wondering whether it requires any firewall ports to be open on your corporate firewall in order for it to be able to contact your Notes server.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw
    I think its about $100 per year. It's not cheap, but it's the only solution I can find at the moment that gives me wireless access to work Lotus Notes email through a corporate firewall.
    Actually, that is not all that bad considering AT&T's offering is $9.99/month and it only allows you to access your information from a browser. I'm using VZW Wireless Sync and I'm looking for a AT&T equivalent. I'll try this out. Do you know if it does only does automatic pushes or can you have scheduled syncs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Actually, that is not all that bad considering AT&T's offering is $9.99/month and it only allows you to access your information from a browser. I'm using VZW Wireless Sync and I'm looking for a AT&T equivalent. I'll try this out. Do you know if it does only does automatic pushes or can you have scheduled syncs?
    There is an option for a push via an SMS notification however I haven't been able to get this to work so far. Scheduled sync is OK, but it does seem to be draining my battery faster.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Great info MJW. Thanks!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!