Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is your average data usage with the Treo 600, what does this include (email only; web; etc...), and how frequent do you use it?

I ask because I want to add a wireless package to my Cingular phone and am unsure if the 2 MB option will be enough for me.
    this is the beauty of unlimited, you dont have to worry about it.

cingular no longer does the media works package?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks buddy but that does not really answer my question.

Even for those who have the unlimited package, I am curious about how much data you use (if it states it on your bill) so I can get a better idea of the 2MB package will work for me or if I am better off not using the 600 for internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahJohnson
    Thanks buddy but that does not really answer my question.

Even for those who have the unlimited package, I am curious about how much data you use (if it states it on your bill) so I can get a better idea of the 2MB package will work for me or if I am better off not using the 600 for internet.
    If an unlimited plan is not an option for you, then you won't nearly tap the Treo's potential as a wireless device. As for how much data I use on a monthly basis, I couldn't begin to tell you. It doesn't show up on my bill (unlimited usage plan with Sprint).

I can tell you that I have my Treo check e-mail every hour, I surf the internet whenever I feel like it (sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for an hour---several times a day). I stream music. I chat. I basically do everything that I would do on a desktop (except download huge files). How much data do I pull down? Who knows? I don't have a meter running on my Treo to tell me. And with a $15/month unlimited plan, I really don't have to worry about it.

Sorry I can't really answer your question, but with all the options for unlimited access that are available, most people will tell you to just bite the bullet and buy an unlimited plan (if it's available at a reasonable cost).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    6.8MB a day. Check my thread, phone hog game.
    As mentioned, the "phone hog" thread (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=53578) will give you some anecdotal data, although it's going to vary based on how you use your device.

For me, I'm probably running at 1 to 1.5 MB/day, with maybe a little more than that on the weekends.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Well according to TrafficStat I've used in 1 month as of today (close of my monthly billing cycle), 44292Kb. I'll let you do the math to figure out the MB's....
    Unlimited data with Media Works package.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Unlimited data...average about 10MB per day for upcoming billing cycle.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    When I was on AT&T wireless they included daily usage on the bill even when I was on the unlimited PDA plan.
    My highest month usage on AT&T wireless was 60MB in one month.
    Lots of web browsing large sites, lots of email downloading
    My lowest was 16MB when I was trying to use it conserv. That included some web browsing on large sites,but not a lot. Mostly sticking to a lot of browsing on mobile sites. Moderate e-mail
    My wife used about 4-5MB. Mostly low email usage and a little web.

Now I'm on Cingular Media Works and they don't put the usage on my bill. So I don't know, but I'm using it like crazy now.

You NEED to seek out an unlimited plan or you're just going to have to get used to using it conseratively or occasionally.
    Attempt to get Media Works for $20, they may not let you have it.
    Otherwise think about getting the unlimited plan which is somewhere int he neighborhood of $45-$50 (ouch.)
    These days I'm probably avaraging at least ~150-200+ MB a month b/c of lots of PDAnet usage and streaming since I'm traveling. The most I've done it close to 300+ MB per month, but that's when I was trying to use Kazaa!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Last month 68934mb
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    unlim is a no brainer if you're going to do any kind of shoutcast streaming which alone runs you about 15 MB per hour.

my advice is to get mediaworks ASAP so that you are hopefully grandfather protected at that price point for unlim data. hard to say what's going to happen w/ data prices going forward w/ EDGE, better online experience on Treo like devices, etc. but one thing is for certain: $20 is a great price for the mediaworks package.
    Off to iPhone land...
  13.    #13  
    Just wanted to thank everyone here. I just called and was put on the Media Works plan for $19.99 without a hitch.
    is there an easy way to tell from your treo how much data you have used?
    thanks
    I've used a little over a meg a day since October.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    is there an easy way to tell from your treo how much data you have used?
    thanks
    Get TrafficStat here:

http://www.hexlet.com/products/trafficstat/
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I thought there was some sort of lifetiem timer you can view on the treo as well....
    is there?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    ##786 will give you life timer and life data on sprint phone I think gsm is *#786
    That does not seem to want to work for me...any other ideaS?

tHanks
  20. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahJohnson
    What is your average data usage with the Treo 600, what does this include (email only; web; etc...), and how frequent do you use it?

I ask because I want to add a wireless package to my Cingular phone and am unsure if the 2 MB option will be enough for me.
    2 MB is woefully inadequate. You will rack up some big charges if you use your T600 for web browsing, e-mail etc. One can easily use up 10 MB in a single day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast