1.    #1  
    Newbie question here. What do I need to check my Hotmail email on my treo 600 or is this even possible?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Bill
    Email apps can't access hotmail from your Treo. You can access your hotmail account using the internet on your Treo. There is a thread somewhere on TC that listed a 'mobile' hotmail site (less graphics, etc).
    use this in Blazer: http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx
    keep yourself signed in. Works perfectly for me. You can also go to MSN Mobile and set up alerts to SMS you when you receive a Hotmail mess.
    visor neo:: visor prism:: ++visorphone::: Treo270:: Treo600: Treo 650<br> Treo Picture Blog
    get a fusemail account and set up your mail to check that. works great for me.

https://www.fusemail.com/order/order...tionCode=24511

It's great for getting all your mail accounts in one place
    thanks for the link woof. good stuff
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    get a fusemail account and set up your mail to check that. works great for me.

https://www.fusemail.com/order/order...tionCode=24511

It's great for getting all your mail accounts in one place

OR, you can purchase Snappermail and get an izymail server account and then you can retrieve your hotmail messages through snappermail anytime you want. You can also set it up to retrieve automatically (this could drain your battery pretty quickly if you are retreiving to often though)
    Why buy Snappermail when there is a perfectly good email on the phone already?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast
    Email apps can't access hotmail from your Treo. You can access your hotmail account using the internet on your Treo. There is a thread somewhere on TC that listed a 'mobile' hotmail site (less graphics, etc).

Actually they can!!! Hotmail deosn't have pop3 access but uses a web based protocol called HTTPmail. There is a palmos email client called Onemail that does support Httpmail and thus allows to download your hotmail. In addition Reqwireless's Hotviewer and Emailviewer both support HTTPmail as well; however, they both require installation of the J2ME to work...

Other workarounds included using the mobile portal mentioned above or forwarding your hotmail to a second account like Fusemail or Izymail that others have mentioned. Unfortunately both those email aggregators cost money and many people may not prefer to send/receive them mail via 3rd party. Another free solution would be to forward your hotmail to a free fastmail.fm account. You could then use a IMAP supported email client like snappermail or versamail to regularly poll fastmail and check your hotmail. This would seem like the ideal solution imo especially if you already own snapper... Lastly there is the option of using apps like Hotpop which will allow pop3 access to your hotmail...all these have been discussed at length in the forums...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Your mobile msn URL for Hotmail works beautifully in Xiino as well. Thank you so much for this. I had searched all over the MSN/Hotmail site and help area and found nothing like this. Thank you!
    Your mobile msn URL for Hotmail works beautifully in Xiino as well. Thank you so much for this. I had searched all over the MSN/Hotmail site and help area and found nothing like this. Thank you!