1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 300 & its a year old now & doesn't hold much of a charge
    anymore at all. I am wondering if there is somewhere to buy & have installed
    a new replacement battery or if the device is considered desposible & once
    the battery dies you just have to buy a new device.

Thanks,

Paul
    $35 bucks will get you a replacement battery from this web site:

http://handspringbattery.com/

If you're a do-it-yourselfer it's not very hard and comes with instructions.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    Thnx,

I noted in this forum that someone replaced their battery and had a line across their
    screen after that. Is it common to have problems after changing the battery?
    You shouldn't have any problems. Just be careful taking it apart.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by st00ps
    Thnx,

I noted in this forum that someone replaced their battery and had a line across their
    screen after that. Is it common to have problems after changing the battery?
    The line is caused by a poor connection between a ribbon cable that runs from the PCB to the screen. If the cable moves (even a little), a line or lines can appear on the screen. If this happens, just 'play' with the connection until the lines disappear.

or

As MillerHiFi says, just be gentle when taking your treo apart
    www.gsmworld.com
    I just used the sprint insurance plan and got a new one, $35.00 deductable though + the $4.00 per month insurance plan, it was here in 2 days, but man this is getting expensive.
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    With a new Treo 300 when my battery stopped taking much of a charge. I was withim my one-year warranty though.
    After 16 months my battery won't hold a charge (max 5 minutes talktime). I bought the replacement battery at http://sales.goldmine-elec.com/prodinfo.asp?prodid=8792 ..... it works and they are only $9 until Sept 30th. I bought 2 ... for that price. The battery may actually be for the 270 cause the wires are on otherside from what the original battery was so I had to flip the battery over in the case ... but it works!
    it's pretty easy to get to the battery. Just take your time getting the case open. If you rush things you might break a tab or two that hold the phone together. Look at my pictures linked to my message called "Treo repair" and you will see how the battery is hooked up.

heck I will just add the link again.

http://public.fotki.com/ImolaBaby/treo_300_repair/

Chris
    Last edited by imolababy; 08/24/2004 at 04:06 PM. Reason: added link
    Looks like Goldmine 'moved' the product, this link should work.

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.co...item=1&mitem=1
    I just bought one - with shipping, out the door it was $14.95.
    Good find! Now I can buy a battery to get me by until the 650 comes out!
    I noticed that the battery at Electronic Goldmine is HND 14-0024-01, and the one at Laptops for Less is HND 14-0024-00. Anyone know if this is a difference that matters?The price difference is so great, $8.95 vs. $29.00, that it makes me wonder.
    No difference that I've been able to find out. I've had the battery in my Treo for about six weeks or so, and it's performed well. Well worth the $10 I paid for it.
    I believe there is an extended life battery that came out for the 300.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    When you change the battery in the Treo 300 do you lose everything in memory or does it have a way to keep volatile memory intact briefly while you're changing the battery?
    You lose everything in memory. So backup.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!