1. afr
    I am suddenly unable to send any mail from my TreoMail client. I have been using the Sprint smtp server to send outgoing mail.

Stranger than this is the fact that I can still send outgoing mail using my VersaMail client, also using the Sprint smtp server for outgoing mail.

The only thing thing that has changed recently is that the Sprint Treo car kit patch was applied. Now, I don't usually use the TreoMail client since I have better control over how I manage my mail on the servers with VersaMail. But the new car kit patch has seemingly messed with VersaMail but not TreoMail (I can reliably cause the Treo to reboot if I try to send mail from VersaMail while the wireless phone is switched off. Actually the reboot comes when the Treo tries to start up the wireless phone to send the mail. TreoMail doesn't do this). however, what now seems to happen is that the TreoMail won't connect to the smtp server anymore -- it just times out. The log reads "Lost network connection". However, if one turns the phone on before sending mail from VersaMail, then the VersaMail client can connect to the Sprint smtp server and send mail.

Has anyone else been experiencing any problems with keyboards or phone connectivity since Alan Jarvis sent out the beta patch for the car kit from PalmOne?

I've sent him several e-mail messages relaying these experiences so far. I've also spoken to the Sprint people who are having technical people call me sometime in the future to discuss this.
    I too can no longer send mail, but can recieve. I am using the Sprint 600 and assume TreoMail. I have done nothing to my phone in recent days (to my knowledge). I would appreciate any suggestions, my email service provider (qwest) people could not help. Should I contact Sprint?
    I just ran a test and mine is still working. Maybe the servers were temporarily down.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbogey
    I too can no longer send mail, but can recieve. I am using the Sprint 600 and assume TreoMail. I have done nothing to my phone in recent days (to my knowledge). I would appreciate any suggestions, my email service provider (qwest) people could not help. Should I contact Sprint?
    I am not able to send any messages at all using the Treo Mail application . At first, only the Sprint PCS account was not responding when attempting to access smtp.sprintpcs.com. Now, all of my smtp servers are non-responsive on all of my mail accounts using this application. What's going on here? I haven't changed anything at all on my Treo.

Software: Treo600-1.20-SPR
    Hardware: C

This was the configuration when I bought it a couple of weeks ago -- it already had the update installed.

No new applications have been installed either.

I called Sprint last Tuesday (over a week ago), and they said that they were having a problem w/ their SMTP server which would take about a day to resolve. Still no response on that. And, in the meantime, the rest of my mail accounts have become SMTP-dead.
    I still can't send mail through Eudora and my 600 through Sprint. Sucks.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I went into a Sprint store this afternoon. I was told that there was nothing that they could do for me, except to swap my phone out for a reconditioned T600. They ordered the recon and told me it would be in within 2 business days. The onsite tech didn't seem to know what the problem is. I told him there were others having similar problems, but he still blamed it on my phone.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    problem seems to be solved. A hard reset appears to be the only resolution. Everything back to normal now. Strange.
  8. afr
    Like I posted earlier, VersaMail still works sending mail outbound using Sprint's smtp server. I'm going to be speaking with a Sprint technical rep sometime today about this issue, among others. Primarily, I have been telling them that Sprint Treo users have few places to go to discuss technical issues with someone who 1) knows what we are talking about, and 2) evidently cares.

The recent car kit/keyboard/TreoMail issues, while one of them deal breakers alone, are starting to persuade me that having another Treo 600 in the family (my wife's potential purchase) might not be a good idea.

This really disturbs me since I've been a Palm user for many years, and have never seen such an inability to resolve issues from Palm before. It is as if their phone software people don't talk to the OS people, who certainly don't talk to the vendors of various peripheral devices (keyboards, car kit, etc.)
    Now working again for me, too, without the hard reset.
    i d on't much want to hard reset... pain!
    Now NOT working again, may have to try the hard reset.