1.    #1  
    I downloaded the Mark n Dial software to my Treo600. I really need my Treo to dail numbers outside of the standard phone book that the Treo uses.

As directed, I had to install X-Master first to make the Mark n Dial work. But when I installed X-Master to make Mark n Dial work, I got an error message that says X-Master would not work with Palm OS5.

Strange, but it seems X-Master works only with older versions of Palm OS... usually software seems to work the other way around (works on newer versions not older).

Anyway, any ideas on getting a Dialer package that will allow me to highlight a number in my Treo600 and have it dial the number?

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasB
    I downloaded the Mark n Dial software to my Treo600. I really need my Treo to dail numbers outside of the standard phone book that the Treo uses.

As directed, I had to install X-Master first to make the Mark n Dial work. But when I installed X-Master to make Mark n Dial work, I got an error message that says X-Master would not work with Palm OS5.

Strange, but it seems X-Master works only with older versions of Palm OS... usually software seems to work the other way around (works on newer versions not older).

Anyway, any ideas on getting a Dialer package that will allow me to highlight a number in my Treo600 and have it dial the number?

Thanks for your help!
    - hi again, have you tried YAHM ?? This allows certain hacks to work in OS5. Go to mytreo.net, look under downloads - utilities and you will find it there. If you were to buy Takephone 6, you can also get a trial of this at the same website, it has a built in thing that allows you to dial from within other apps.
  3.    #3  
    I think that thread was my original question posting... Not sure though, I am learning how to use this. Thank you!
    I think that thread was my original question posting... Not sure though, I am learning how to use this. Thank you!
    Yep, sorry
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am afraid my last attempt may have caused a problem.

Since then, my Treo600 has gone crazy. Could be a virus. When I try to turn it on, nothing happens. So I do a soft reset where I just tap the reset button on the back, then the Treo comes on and flashs the system names at the top real fast (All, System, Main, Games), while showing it run through every application icon so fast that that you just see them flashing by. So I did a hard reset where I hold in the reset button for a longer period of time and it does the same thing. Seems like a virus, maybe?

Recently I have loaded and reloaded PDA net and Snappermail (from the manufacturer and Handango so I think they were good). But I also loaded X-Master and MarkNDial so I could dial from other Treo600 applications. My Treo would not accept the X-Master and it gave me an error message (I think X only works with older versions of the Palm system. So I removed those two programs.

Wanted anyone who reads this to know what happened and also see if anyone has an idea on a fix. It has rendered the phone useless til fixed. Maybe it is something simple... I am not that great yet with Techonolgy. Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks.
    First things first, Palm OS 5 does not work with Hack MGR's (generally). Secondly, there is a version of MarkNdial specifically for the treo 600. That's the one you want. Thirdly, you need to go into you back up folder on your pc and delete X-Master. This is why your treo is freaking out.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Take a look at Takephone - it does a lot of things, such as dialing the phone, marking numbers, and other such benign things. Ben
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am afraid my last attempt may have caused a problem.

Since then, my Treo600 has gone crazy. Could be a virus. When I try to turn it on, nothing happens. So I do a soft reset where I just tap the reset button on the back, then the Treo comes on and flashs the system names at the top real fast (All, System, Main, Games), while showing it run through every application icon so fast that that you just see them flashing by. So I did a hard reset where I hold in the reset button for a longer period of time and it does the same thing. Seems like a virus, maybe?

Recently I have loaded and reloaded PDA net and Snappermail (from the manufacturer and Handango so I think they were good). But I also loaded X-Master and MarkNDial so I could dial from other Treo600 applications. My Treo would not accept the X-Master and it gave me an error message (I think X only works with older versions of the Palm system. So I removed those two programs.

Wanted anyone who reads this to know what happened and also see if anyone has an idea on a fix. It has rendered the phone useless til fixed. Maybe it is something simple... I am not that great yet with Techonolgy. Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks.
    Okay, first to clear things up a bit:

1) A hard reset is NOT holding the reset button for a longer period of time. You have to press the power button and press the reset hole the same time. This will erase your palm to factory settings.

2) You need to invest in a backup program like Backupman. You should regularly create backup sets to you card before trying new apps like this so you can easily revert back in case of disasters like present situations. I also recommend you get Uninstall Manager fyi...

3) X-master, Hackmaster etc DO NOT WORK with OS 5.x and future versions b/c Palmos changed they way extension managers function. Thus you will have to use new and updated hack managers like Tealmaster and YAHM (which support OS 5.x) for hacks and Qlaunch for DA's. Also note that not all hacks work and you must check which ones do before you try. This is also probably the reason your Treo is reseting. There are only 2 known Palmos viruses in existance, thus that is not the reason...

4) As others have mentioned Takephone and MarkDialer (Treo specific) are good options. Try the former as there are many proponents of that dialer on this forum and the dev is very helpful...

Good luck...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions