1.    #1  
    Hi Guys.
    Just jumped on this deal. $24.90 after $20 rebate for a Kingston 256MB SD Memory Card. Now I can finally get rid of the 64mb!
    256mb Link
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    I got the same Kingston 256MB SD card about two weeks ago. It's not good for directly recording audio or video. It's just too slow for that... But it's good for regular storage and playing back MP3s using PocketTunes.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TBeardmore
    I got the same Kingston 256MB SD card about two weeks ago. It's not good for directly recording audio or video. It's just too slow for that... But it's good for regular storage and playing back MP3s using PocketTunes.
    Due to the lack of processor power on the T600. I truly doubt that any card combo is really "good for directly recording audio or video". For instance my old 64mb SD works perfectly in my Olympus Digital camera for recording short video clips but in the 600 its just not a winning combination. The same amount of video on the camera is at least 10x faster to be saved than the 600's attempt.
    It's not processor power per se but data bus speed and SPI mode for writing to the card.
    I would definately recommend at least a 512MB card. I filled my 256MB card up in 2 weeks. A 512MB can hold quite abit.

Larry
    what did you guys fill your sd card with
    i'll be receiving my t600 tomorrow
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lmelamed
    I would definately recommend at least a 512MB card. I filled my 256MB card up in 2 weeks. A 512MB can hold quite abit.

Larry
    I understand that 512 is better than 256 but until I see a 512mb card shipped for free at a comparable price...
    512 SD card gets filled with: MP3s, Backupman Backups, MovieRec movies, SoundRec recordings, ZLauncher applications, JPG pictures taken with the camera, Web pages loaded locally

The card seems to slow down a bit when it gets close to being really full, so the bigger the better!
    I agree with Magohn. 512 SD cards need to get to the range where they are LESS than 256 SD for me to consider them. I see buying a 512 SD as buying in bulk and thus should be discounted (they are making a bigger sale after all). Also having a 2 - 256 SD isn't putting all my eggs in one basket. What if I lose or break a physical card? In that scenario, I'd still have half my data with the 256 version.
  10.    #10  
    Just a quick follow-up.
    Received the card in 2 days as promised. I put my 5 favourite Beatles albums on the card (at 128kbps) and still have over 60mb left! Im very happy with the deal!.
    I also picked up a pair of OEM Handspring 'no-adapter needed' earbuds from a vendor on eBay for < $14 with the shipping. Arrived in 2 days. Very happy with those too! Pretty good sound for the price. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    what did you guys fill your sd card with
    i'll be receiving my t600 tomorrow
    DVD movies. 4 to a 512 card. Not super quality but watchable... and it beats having to talk to the guy in the next seat on the airplane.