Page 1 of 170 1234561151101 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought this wonderful piece of software that's been so eagerly anticipated on these boards, deserved a thread of its own.

Great Work Shimon.

A couple of early suggestions.

1. Vmail, SMS and Email notifications - Is there anyway to have a small number next the the icons in the main view to enumerate exactly how many messages there are?

2. The preference for displaying Meetings and todo items - it would be nice if these were 2 seperate prefs as I want to view meetings for today, but todo's for the whole week.

3. possible bug - the voicemail icon remains despite me not having any voicemails waiting.

Again, a tremendous effort and a wonderful product. I can't wait for the updates and subsequent features.

Kudos!
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi
    3. possible bug - the voicemail icon remains despite me not having any voicemails waiting.

it is a voicemail icon or a voice memo icon??? mine is a voice memo icon that is always displayed
    There's also a cool mic with a slash through it when the sound hard button is off.
  4.    #4  
    both Voice mail and voice memo are always displayed. I guess I assumed the voice mail icon would only display if there were a voicemail. If you click it, my voicemail number is immediately dialed. When I click the voice memo button, it indicates how many voice memos I have.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    There's also a cool mic with a slash through it when the sound hard button is off.

This is exactly what I was hoping quickster could do with his sound off program. Guess I dont need that one anymore. Thanks Shimon.
    both Voice mail and voice memo are always displayed. I guess I assumed the voice mail icon would only display if there were a voicemail. If you click it, my voicemail number is immediately dialed. When I click the voice memo button, it indicates how many voice memos I have.

Odd, they are gone for me when I have no text or voice messages.

In fact at the moment I have no icons at all at the top of my screen.
    My voicmail icon is not displayed. Check your VM icon in the phone app and see if it's stuck on. Go to the the reset VM icon. MAybe a possibility
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is just WRONG! To openly discuss the 2Day beta when there are many TC members that don't have it yet and so desperately want it. I'm deeply saddened and disappointed at the insensitivity you are displaying.
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
    http://www.shsh.com/downloads/2day131.zip

How rude of us...get it here, it's very groooovy baby
  10.    #10  
    My voice mail Icon has now disappeared, but voice memo icon is still there. When I click on it, it says (0), as in no voice memos. Souldn't the icon simply not be there if there are no voice memos?

I hope I'm not being to nit picky here. I am truly thrilled with this product. I guess I'm just trying to make it the best it can be for my purposes. Selfish, I know, but so far, it's light years closer to what I've been wanting than anything else out there.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    My voice mail Icon has now disappeared, but voice memo icon is still there. When I click on it, it says (0), as in no voice memos. Souldn't the icon simply not be there if there are no voice memos?

I hope I'm not being to nit picky here. I am truly thrilled with this product. I guess I'm just trying to make it the best it can be for my purposes. Selfish, I know, but so far, it's light years closer to what I've been wanting than anything else out there.
    No, Vmemo icon stays there unless you choose not to monitor a particular vmemo app in preferences under monitoring. At least that's what it seems like with the little tinkering I have done.
    I've also run into a problem with SMS. I am using my phone on T-Mobile and SMS messages come in through the SMS app (not MMS). Under monitoring in preferences...all I see is MMS and Texter.
    Quote Originally Posted by azek01
    I've also run into a problem with SMS. I am using my phone on T-Mobile and SMS messages come in through the SMS app (not MMS). Under monitoring in preferences...all I see is MMS and Texter.
    I think you want texter for sms if that's not what you're trying it may work.
    Skins not working...changing to Treo images has no effect

Email Icon always shows ....drop list shows Mail(1) but there are no unread emails (only HSmail used...no 3rd party email installled)

Vmemo icon always shows. ....drop list shows Soundrec (0) ...would expect icon to be surpressed or greyed out somehow if there are not recorded memos.
    .no sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasinaus
    Skins not working...changing to Treo images has no effect

Email Icon always shows ....drop list shows Mail(1) but there are no unread emails (only HSmail used...no 3rd party email installled)

Vmemo icon always shows. ....drop list shows Soundrec (0) ...would expect icon to be surpressed or greyed out somehow if there are not recorded memos.

You have to have jpgs in RAM for 2day to see them.

I think the icons are supposed to show unless disable in prefs/monitoring.
  16.    #16  
    Hey Shimon,

I know you monitor these boards occasionally...any chance of a downloadable user guide for 2Day. I could sure use a little guidance as to what are features and what may be bugs

Thanks.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Hey Shimon,

I know you monitor these boards occasionally...any chance of a downloadable user guide for 2Day. I could sure use a little guidance as to what are features and what may be bugs

Thanks.
    In an earlier post Shimon said he's working on the guide.

"Hi,

First - THANK YOU ALL for your kind words.

Now - some answers to questions not yet answered here (sorry - I will be working on a user-manual soon):

- Tapping on the battery icon shows the battery, ram, and external memory card status.

- To select a camera image - it needs to be in RAM. Camera images are 160x120, so they only fit below the top portion, and do not cover to the bottom. This is why you can also set a background color for them.

- You will be able to create a full 160x160 background - I will prepare a PC utility (Windows) for converting BMP files. Only issue - I cant seem to be able to make the Treo battery & antenna gadget transparent, so they will have a white background.

- No - you can not change the order and look of the icons on top - you can eliminate some of them at the "Monitoring" prefs.

- Tip: Treo users can also see an icon for the top MUTE RINGER button when it's turned OFF.

- Yes - you can see due dates - see the "Display" prefs.

Thanks again !"

from...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...852#post371852
    I think you're right, you probably have to have jpegs in ram in order for 2day to see them.

About the icons showing up, I think that shimon will probably fix things so that most of the icons will only show up if you actually have an item there (like a voicememo or an e-mail). I use snapper for e-mail and the e-mail icon (in 2day) will only show up if I actually have an unread e-mail. On the otherhand, the voice-memo icon shows up even though I have no voice-memos.

In case shimon reads this, I'm using audacity personal for my voice-memos, right now 2day doesn't seem to recognize this application, hopefull that will be changed (I do realize that 2day has just been released)

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    You have to have jpgs in RAM for 2day to see them.

I think the icons are supposed to show unless disable in prefs/monitoring.
    You are correct Dutch...It wasn't showing up because It wasn't a new SMS...as I read it as soon as it came in.
    This may be a T-Mobile thing here in the Austin area but I don't get any notification of waiting voice mails. Is it only me or do other s in my area experience the same thing?

If this turns out to be a T-Mobile thing is there any way to intercept the SMS notification message and turn on the Voice Mail icon?
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
Page 1 of 170 1234561151101 ... LastLast