Page 94 of 170 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3383
  1. #1861  
    Hi all,

    Sorry - I was away...

    A summary of replies:

    - I will try to think of a better headline bitmap ("2day!") - any ideas ?

    - I will add seperate font selection for the week view.

    - Afraid week view is only implemented for hi-res devices, at the moment. I will try to adopt it to low-res, too.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  2. #1862  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    Sorry about those resets.

    Would you help me testing ?

    When does it reset - is it as soon as the SMS comes in ?
    Does it happen even when 2day is NOT running ?
    No problem, Im glad I finally discovered why. Be glad to help...
    the resets occur when any app is running or phone is off.

    Sometimes the phone just resets when the message arrives, other times I get the beep that a sms arrived and the *. When I then select the message I get a reset.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  3. #1863  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi all,

    Sorry - I was away...

    A summary of replies:

    - I will try to think of a better headline bitmap ("2day!") - any ideas ?

    - I will add seperate font selection for the week view.

    - Afraid week view is only implemented for hi-res devices, at the moment. I will try to adopt it to low-res, too.

    Great...thanks for the prompt service.

    re: headline. Obviously the smaller the better as we dont want to lose more realestate. What I dont like about it is really just the colors, specifically the red/blue font and white shadow. I prefer a very clean look....personally I would lose the shadow and change the colors to some more subtle shades and more pleasing colors. Is it hi-res? I think the white shadow makes it look low-res.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  4. #1864  
    Shimon,
    Take a look at this logo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  5. #1865  
    here's a bigger version
    Attached Images Attached Images
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  6. #1866  
    The new weekly view is interesting/nice. I wish I could choose when it shows up though (as in after my 3 views of calendar that I have it set to show so that I can see the daily view and monthly view from Calendar and then the weekly or some combination). Now that you were able to set that up, is there any chance to do a similar thing for monthly view (like in KSDatebook) where it actually shows the full month with words instead of just blocks (like Calendar does)? Just a thought. Thanks for constantly making this better Shimon!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  7. #1867  
    TheTreoGuy,

    That's exactly what I'd need too, and am debating on whether or not the enormous side of DateBk5 is worth the benefit of having a usable monthly calendar (I like being able to click on the date and get a pop-up of the events on that day for a quick peek).

    But I wasn't about to ask Shimon about that....I'm just glad he gave us a fantastic weekview.
  8. #1868  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    here ya go
    Nice. Thanks digitalfix. Its simple and clean. I can see why low res won't work - fonts way too small.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  9. #1869  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    TheTreoGuy,

    That's exactly what I'd need too, and am debating on whether or not the enormous side of DateBk5 is worth the benefit of having a usable monthly calendar (I like being able to click on the date and get a pop-up of the events on that day for a quick peek).

    But I wasn't about to ask Shimon about that....I'm just glad he gave us a fantastic weekview.
    Scroll down about halfway through the page. MonthPlanner's newer version gives you font size options and will show you a snapshot for whatever day you select or it will pop-up the today window over the monthview upon startup. Nice app. I've had it a while now.

    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52120
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  10. #1870  
    Nice job on the week view Shimon...looks great!!

    One observation about the week view, not sure if this is intentional or not...
    When the calendar option "hide daily-repeat future events" is selected, only the first occurrence for the week is displayed for those events defined to repeat. While it's doing exactly what the option stipulates, it seems to me that that option is great for the main view, but it doesn't seem to be quite so desirable on the week view. I can appreciate it if you disagree and can certainly do without using that option, but personally I would rather it not apply to the week view.

    Other opinions?

    Thanks!
  11. #1871  
    good catch...I too would prefer if this did not apply to week view.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  12. #1872  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Scroll down about halfway through the page. MonthPlanner's newer version gives you font size options and will show you a snapshot for whatever day you select or it will pop-up the today window over the monthview upon startup. Nice app. I've had it a while now.

    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52120
    Thanks. But as Datebk5 is bought and paid for, I'm reluctant to buy another app for essentially the same thing. Of course I have plenty of free space, but should that change, I would have to explore options. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
  13. #1873  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Scroll down about halfway through the page. MonthPlanner's newer version gives you font size options and will show you a snapshot for whatever day you select or it will pop-up the today window over the monthview upon startup. Nice app. I've had it a while now.

    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52120
    Another $15 just to be able to see a month view with small fonts? Not worth it. KSDatebook is free. The only reason I don't like it as much as the built in calendar is that it isn't set up to show birthdays that are set up in the contacts list automatically.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  14. #1874  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi all,

    Now beginning next gen...

    Version 1.41 (002) posted at www.shsh.com/beta

    - Week view !!!

    - Fix for todo(tasks) categories indexing.

    Thanks !
    Shimon, the new 2day "week view" looks quite nice and I know that it's a work in progress, but there are a couple of things I would really like to see added to it.

    First on my list, the ability to have the "week view" show the "next upcoming 7 days." That way, if it's "Tuesday" I will see Tuesday through Monday. In essence, that would mean that the week view would start with the current day and then show the next 6 days, does that make sense? Also, the option to have a larger font would be nice, I find the small high-res font in the week view a bit small. Once again, I know that it's barely your first iteration of the week view, Great job overall!
  15. #1875  
    Hi all,

    My replies:

    - The "Hide daily repeat events" - I totally agree it should be forced off - thought I fixed that. will make sure it's done.

    - The headline bitmap look great ! I will try to use it. Thanks !

    - Monthly view - sorry - not at the moment. Have to finish week view and a lot more stuff, first.

    - Starting week view from current day - I suspect that would be againt the de-facto standard, or expectations of users...
    You can set the daily view to show you this...

    - I am adding the option to set a "normal" font to the week view.

    Thanks, all !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  16. #1876  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi all,

    My replies:

    - Starting week view from current day - I suspect that would be againt the de-facto standard, or expectations of users...
    You can set the daily view to show you this...

    - I am adding the option to set a "normal" font to the week view.

    Thanks, all !
    Well, the decision to implement this as an option is certainly yours to make. Datebk5 has this option and it seems to be well accepted by its users. I certainly could use the "daily view" to do this, but then it wouldn't be a "daily view."

    I wouldn't want a developer to cater only to what I desire, but if this proves to be a popular request, perhaps you could consider implementing it at some later date. Thanks for your consideration and for a great program.
  17. #1877  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Well, the decision to implement this as an option is certainly yours to make. Datebk5 has this option and it seems to be well accepted by its users. I certainly could use the "daily view" to do this, but then it wouldn't be a "daily view."

    I wouldn't want a developer to cater only to what I desire, but if this proves to be a popular request, perhaps you could consider implementing it at some later date. Thanks for your consideration and for a great program.
    This guy is so nice you should make him a special copy if you dont plan to add it to weekview later
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  18. #1878  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    This guy is so nice you should make him a special copy if you dont plan to add it to weekview later

    Well heck, if that's all it takes: Shimon, you're not only a fine developer but a scholar and a gentleman.

    Now, can I have my own personal copy of Weekview modified for the 600?

    On a serious note, if you do plan to do a lo-res weekview, I think it would be good to use the datebook button to be able to cycle through 2day, 2day's weekview, then x view(s) of the preferred datebook app. Not having a 650 I don't know if this is the way it works but this would be ideal.
  19. #1879  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Well, the decision to implement this as an option is certainly yours to make. Datebk5 has this option and it seems to be well accepted by its users. I certainly could use the "daily view" to do this, but then it wouldn't be a "daily view."

    I wouldn't want a developer to cater only to what I desire, but if this proves to be a popular request, perhaps you could consider implementing it at some later date. Thanks for your consideration and for a great program.

    OK.

    I will add this later on.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  20. #1880  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Well heck, if that's all it takes: Shimon, you're not only a fine developer but a scholar and a gentleman.

    Now, can I have my own personal copy of Weekview modified for the 600?

    On a serious note, if you do plan to do a lo-res weekview, I think it would be good to use the datebook button to be able to cycle through 2day, 2day's weekview, then x view(s) of the preferred datebook app. Not having a 650 I don't know if this is the way it works but this would be ideal.
    Well thank you so much, Sir.....

    I am working on a low-res version right now.

    And yes - you can indeed use the Calendar button for such a sequence.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com

Posting Permissions