Page 74 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3383
  1. #1461  
    Requests noted for future version/s

    Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  2. #1462  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    the event in progress should be grey, since it is partially done.
    I disagree. For me, grey is used to show events which are passed and which no longer impact future events of the day. As an event which is ongoing is taking up my time, I'd prefer for it to be black.

    For me, grey is to show events which I still may want to reference, but have no further effect on the rest of my day.
  3. #1463  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    I disagree. For me, grey is used to show events which are passed and which no longer impact future events of the day. As an event which is ongoing is taking up my time, I'd prefer for it to be black.

    For me, grey is to show events which I still may want to reference, but have no further effect on the rest of my day.
    For what it's worth, I also agree with this sentiment. When something is marked "grey" I usually assume it means that it is something that has passed. Now marking it "grey" may be quite useful to me, since it means that I can still see it and reference it, while knowing right away that it is an event that has already taken place.
  4. #1464  
    Hi,

    Do I smell "make this an option..." ? ;-)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  5. #1465  
    How about 3 colors for the 3 types of appointments for that day:

    In the past: black
    In progress: Grey
    Upcoming: Red

    For uncleared Todo's the colors could be reversed (as past due todo's are critical)

    Past: red
    Upcoming: black

    Cleared (completed) todo's can be hidden or black (an option).

    All items for the next day would be green.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  6. #1466  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    Do I smell "make this an option..." ? ;-)
    Yes the best of both worlds. Personally, I would just keep things simple and have current/upcoming appointments in "black" and past appointments in "grey." This seems intuitive to me.
  7. #1467  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Yes the best of both worlds. Personally, I would just keep things simple and have current/upcoming appointments in "black" and past appointments in "grey." This seems intuitive to me.

    I agree, but Shimon did a good job with the Future and Due appointment color options (which I do not use, all of my text is in black) and I could see where a similar setup would be viable, and would cover all posibilities/preferences.
  8. #1468  
    Another option that I wouldn't mind seeing carried over from Outlook:

    All day/no time events are show in a different color (aqua in this particular case), where timed events are in black.

    If you're adding the option to show past due events in a different color, I would certainly like to see all day/no time events in another color.

    Examples of this would be:

    Memorial Day
    Dad's Birthday
    Payday
    Father's Day
    etc.

    So for Sunday, the events may be [i]Father's Day[i] (which lasts all day and is untimed), and Dinner at parents at 7PM.

    Father's Day, being untimed, would be in a preset (or selected) color, and Dinner at parents would be in the default black.

    Until it's over, when it would now move to grey, of course.
  9. #1469  
    He might as well have a tabbed "Colors" setting page where we would pick the colors for:

    Today's items:

    Untimed events (appointments and tasks)
    Timed appointments that are
    past
    in progress
    upcoming
    Timed uncompleted Tasks that are
    due in the past
    due later today
    Completed Tasks

    Tomorrows items
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  10. #1470  
    Sounds good to me.

    The big selling point of 2Day is customizability. This would only further that philosophy.
  11. #1471  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    He might as well have a tabbed "Colors" setting page where we would pick the colors for:

    Today's items:

    Untimed events (appointments and tasks)
    Timed appointments that are
    past
    in progress
    upcoming
    Timed uncompleted Tasks that are
    due in the past
    due later today
    Completed Tasks

    Tomorrows items
    Hmm, this sounds like quite a nice Idea, I wonder what Shimon will think about this?
  12. #1472  
    Hi,

    Writing everything down.

    Will think about it first.

    Thanks, all !!!
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  13. #1473  
    Hi all,

    Just a note to let anyone interested know:
    I am going away for a (much needed) vacation.

    I will be back on Sunday, the 26 of June.
    While I am taking my Treo 650 with me, afraid I may not be able to check/post at these forums while away, so please forgive me...

    I will do my best to poll emails and respond, but I can not guarantee this.

    Thanks for understanding.

    Shimon
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  14. #1474  
    can 2day be set up to monitor Eudora, or any mail program?

    Also I'm open to suggestions for mail programs
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  15. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #1475  
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr
    can 2day be set up to monitor Eudora, or any mail program?

    Also I'm open to suggestions for mail programs
    Not sure if 2day can monitor Eudora...you may have to wait until Shimon returns from his vacation.

    For e-mail, do a search for Snapper & Chatter. Those are the two most popular e-mail programs here.
  16. #1476  
    Hi,

    Eudora is on my list, although it will be hard, since there is no documentation...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  17. #1477  
    I know that you are on vacation, so this can definitely wait until you get back. To the best of my abilities, I have confirmed that this is an issue with 2day/agendus pro on the cdma sprint Treo 650 (latest firmware installed). I tried this out on my colleagues sprint Treo650 (with agendus and 2day) and got the same results. I also (I was going to install the new firmware) completely hard-reset my phone and installed only 2day and agendus pro and the same bug popped up again. It looks like 2day changes the agendus preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Shimon, Have you by anychance had time to look into this? I'm wondering if it is just something on my device/setup (Treo 650 cdma), or if it's something that others would see also:

    "The second thing is that for whatever reason (perhaps user error?) I don't seem to be able to get Agendus Pro and 2day to play well together with the datebook button. I want to be able to press the datebook button and switch between 2day and different views of Agendus Pro. Everything works fine as long as I don't edit an item in agendus via first going through 2day. If I go into 2day and edit an item and select "open" (which will then open the item in agendus pro) and then make changes to it in agendus, it seems to some how confuse agendus/2day when it comes to changing views with the datebook button. After this, it will switch between 2day and agendus pro, but once it gets to agendus pro, it just gets stuck in the "contacts" portion of agendus pro (and the datebook button doesn't switch views or change back to 2day). If you have any suggestions or fixes it would be appreciated."
  18. #1478  
    What is 2day (1.31 14d) supposed to do if a key is pressed while the 2day window is displayed?

    It is opening Phone and dialing that number (or looking up contacts if that is the option set in the Phone General Preferences). Is that normal?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  19. #1479  
    my vzw connects to internet automatically even though i have turned off the connect automatically to internet option. i have a 10mb plan but am going to switch to pay as you go. thus i do not want it to connect automatically. any suggestions??
  20. #1480  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I know that you are on vacation, so this can definitely wait until you get back. To the best of my abilities, I have confirmed that this is an issue with 2day/agendus pro on the cdma sprint Treo 650 (latest firmware installed). I tried this out on my colleagues sprint Treo650 (with agendus and 2day) and got the same results. I also (I was going to install the new firmware) completely hard-reset my phone and installed only 2day and agendus pro and the same bug popped up again. It looks like 2day changes the agendus preferences.
    Hi,

    Check this again.
    2day does NOT alter Agendus prefs.
    What it does is change the SYSTEM prefs for the CALENDAR button assignment: It has to do this to allow Agendus to show more than one view.
    Problem is this confuses Agendus...

    Afraid right now I cant see how to resolve this without help from iambic, which is hard to do (requires program changes at their side...)
    I will contact them, and see what we can do together.
    In the meantime I will have to invalidate this option (more than one view) for Agendus... :-(

    Sorry...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com

Posting Permissions