Page 7 of 170 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
    I guess, to explain my views in a bit more detail ... when I meant "cleaner look" I would suggest the following (if I was to have any control of the design) and again, this is just my personal preferences and nothing more:

• Have one background color or image for the whole screen. I had noticed that the top 15% - icon area always stays white. I think this cuts up the "flow" of the screen or breaks the theme up.
    • The option not to have as many icons or notifications up top, thereby allowing to have bigger icons (perhaps.) I think the core functions (e-mail, signal strength, battery level, voice message, and storage level) should be the most important ones if not the only icons up top.
    • I like the idea of being able to have plug-ins for the main area of the screen as used in Facer (for instance the ability to add the weather report or something) and/or in comparison to the app "today" the ability to use the main area of the screen for such functions as e-mail notification, etc . etc .. etc. It just seems to me, that unless you have a ton of appointments, there is a lot of unused space on the screen. If this is accomplished I like the concept of breaking up the main section of the 2day screen based on function and represented with little icons on the side such as a calendar icon, and e-mail icon (etc .. etc ..) next to each section.

While I have been involved in computers for 18+ years and have done my fair share of programming here and there, I have not jumped into the world of programming for the palm so kudos to those who are making the effort to create such useful apps. In making these suggestions, I hope people understand that I am simply trying to provide the author(s) just one more perspective or vantage point, one helpful idea, an end-userís wants & expectations ... just things that perhaps they haven't thought of or considered as they are knee-deep in simply trying to get the code to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Here's a couple of wallpaper images I made that seem to work well. Based on the Mac OS X desktop. Works best if you also choose a matching background color.
    Thanks for being kind enough to share this

Yes, matching the background is important, or we're left with a white strip across the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by treogables
    I guess, to explain my views in a bit more detail ... when I meant "cleaner look" I would suggest the following (if I was to have any control of the design) and again, this is just my personal preferences and nothing more:

• Have one background color or image for the whole screen. I had noticed that the top 15% - icon area always stays white. I think this cuts up the "flow" of the screen or breaks the theme up.
    • The option not to have as many icons or notifications up top, thereby allowing to have bigger icons (perhaps.) I think the core functions (e-mail, signal strength, battery level, voice message, and storage level) should be the most important ones if not the only icons up top.
    • I like the idea of being able to have plug-ins for the main area of the screen as used in Facer (for instance the ability to add the weather report or something) and/or in comparison to the app "today" the ability to use the main area of the screen for such functions as e-mail notification, etc . etc .. etc. It just seems to me, that unless you have a ton of appointments, there is a lot of unused space on the screen. If this is accomplished I like the concept of breaking up the main section of the 2day screen based on function and represented with little icons on the side such as a calendar icon, and e-mail icon (etc .. etc ..) next to each section.

While I have been involved in computers for 18+ years and have done my fair share of programming here and there, I have not jumped into the world of programming for the palm so kudos to those who are making the effort to create such useful apps. In making these suggestions, I hope people understand that I am simply trying to provide the author(s) just one more perspective or vantage point, one helpful idea, an end-userís wants & expectations ... just things that perhaps they haven't thought of or considered as they are knee-deep in simply trying to get the code to work.
    Perhaps a choice for small or large icons?
    The last part of your reply is well put, I too want to just suggest/request ideas. Seeing that I CAN NOT program, I never down talk to demand. Yes, KUDOS to the Authors of all the cool and neat Palm apps!! And as you said, just another view point, a brain storming if you will.
    This is from Shimon, from another board, per the "Quick View" ClockPop5 style request.
    Quote Originally Posted by shimon
    Hi,

Regarding the clockpop thing -

I can do this, BUT -
    clockpop relies on having a one-page sized display, and no actions taken on that page.

Say I implement this - you press & HOLD the datebook button, and as long as you press - I show the events & meetings for today, I guess.

1. You will not be able to go to another day ! cause you can not press other buttons while pressing the datebook icon.

2. What if you have a real busy day, with more items than can be ween on one page ?
    I am trying to think of a solution to that, if you guys come up with a reasonable way to solve this - I'll do my best to do it.
    Here was my reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Good to know it "can" be done.
    This is just my opinion, but here goes....

clockpop relies on having a one-page sized display, and no actions taken on that page.
    That's the beauty of it! Quick and easy, and after it's done, it's like it never happened, your back at the app you were in, at the same place, trasparent more or les s

1. You will not be able to go to another day ! cause you can not press other buttons while pressing the datebook icon.
    No problem, small price to pay, I didn't plan to access the GUI anyway. For me, it's a source for a quick referance point and that is all. Since 2DAY has the time, I could also then remove ClockPop5. If I want to access the GUI, I would launch 2DAY as normal. So bottom line, this how I would use the "Quick View" anyway, so it's not an issue with me.

2. What if you have a real busy day, with more items than can be ween on one page ?
    I am trying to think of a solution to that, if you guys come up with a reasonable way to solve this - I'll do my best to do it.
    I think it's up to the end user to decide. In other words, for me, the Quick View is for what is going on in my LIFE at THIS CURRENT TIME. SO I would then have 2day set to sort by current time (via Prefs-display-start at-current time), so the current stuff will be first. If you can just show one page, even though there are more, this would not be an issue IMHO.

Now if you wanted to get fancy (it would not benifit me at all I don't think, but it is another idea), you could add a timer to the "quick view". If quick view was accessed again with in 5seconds, then it would pop the next page up, and so on.
  5.    #125  
    Anyone else using Lightwav and 2Day?

After my installation of 2Day, I noticed my lightwav sounds were no longer working. Anyone else experience this?
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi
    Anyone else using Lightwav and 2Day?

After my installation of 2Day, I noticed my lightwav sounds were no longer working. Anyone else experience this?
    Try disabling LightWav, soft-reset, then re-enabling it.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7.    #127  
    Just tried it. No luck. Any other suggestions?
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Just tried it. No luck. Any other suggestions?
    Maybe we should consult LightWav developer/s ?
    (not saying it's their fault - just that they might help)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi all.

Just posted build 1.31 (010):

- Fixed resets when creating an Alarm for a new meeting.
    - Fixed Treo 600 built-in Mail application interface (counting unread messages).

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    I'm guessing it would be a stretch, but....

Is there anway sms supression could be built into 2day? The pop ups that stay on the screen are even more annoying now that the alert is conveniently a part of 2day.

Just curious. Thanks!
    This is from Shimon, from another board, per the "Quick View" ClockPop5 style request.
    Here was my reply
    Matt,

I think you have it exactly right, regarding a clockpop type "quick view" for 2day. We aren't asking for 2day (at least at this early stage) to do anything more than clock pop already does. If we are just able to hold down a hard button (of our choosing) and have 2day pop up, and then recede once the button is released (leaving us back in our current application), that would be great. In fact, I noticed that 2day seems to already have a red arrow that shows when there are more events than screen space available to show them. This would mean that if we pop up 2day and see that the red arrow is showing that there are more events than the screen can show, we can simply just start up 2day regularly to see the rest of the events.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

I guess the file itself for that folder was left behind. Maybe try to remove it using a utility like FileZ.
    I've been posting on the Snapper boards - seems that the IMAP stuff is leftover.. we'll see how things progress on the Snapper side
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Another suggestion - I use Agendus and it's be really cool if there was an option to have 2Day put in the info for a ToDo or a Date that would match up with Agendus's specialty info or DateBk's - etc. For example, in Agendus, you can have a description and have it related to a person. Bascially, from what I can tell, the person's name is just stuck in brackets with Agendus. Again - Beta software - not begging for it, but it'd be kinda cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I'm guessing it would be a stretch, but....

Is there anway sms supression could be built into 2day? The pop ups that stay on the screen are even more annoying now that the alert is conveniently a part of 2day.

Just curious. Thanks!
    Hi,

Maybe in future versions...

I would need a real device to work on.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi,

Maybe in future versions...

I would need a real device to work on.
    Shimon,
    Did you have to give your loaner back? Heck for all the work you do for us, we should make a "Get Shimon a Treo fund" movment going
    Shimon,
    Did you have to give your loaner back? Heck for all the work you do for us, we should make a "Get Shimon a Treo fund" movment going
    Yep - it's going back shortly... :-(
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Yep - it's going back shortly... :-(
    i agree
  18.    #138  
    Lightwav problem seemed to go away after a re-install and soft reset. Very strange. Anyhow, thanks for the assistance Shimon.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Shimon,
    I missed a phone call, and had the OE "missed call" alert popup and I cleared it. I also ignored a call by tapping the "ignore" button on the screen as it rang. 2DAY showed the missed phone ICON, with 2 missed. Some people may think that this should have cleared. I LIKE IT THIS WAY. If you do make a future build where it clears with the OE popup, plase consider making it a choice in the prefs of 2DAY. I like it telling/reminding me how many I missed and making me go review them.
    Thanks,Matt
    Lightwav problem seemed to go away after a re-install and soft reset. Very strange. Anyhow, thanks for the assistance Shimon.
    Hi,

It's not that strange - I think it a question of who gets notified of those phone events first, who next, ...

I guess LightWav like to be last.
    Shimon Shnitzer